Has anyone played the new Turok game?

Dirty_habiT

GLEN COVE, NY, August 27, 2002 - Is it a boy? Is it a girl? Is it a dinosaur hunter? While the latter is something that has never been said in a delivery room, it could easily become the phrase that pays $10,000 in U.S. savings bonds towards college tuition or other childhood expenses for one lucky family. Giving an entirely new meaning to Labor Day Weekend, Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. today announced its 'Turok: Evolution' Labor Day contest that will award $10,000 to the first infant born on 9-1-02 and named 'Turok' for one year by their parents. Contest details can be found online at http://www.turok.com/baby.

"Knowing how hard it is for parents to decide on a strong name for their child, we thought of an innovative way to solve this dilemma and help jumpstart their savings for the future," said Tom Bass, Senior Brand Manager at Acclaim. "While names like Michael and Hannah are very popular, they hardly instill fear in the hearts of playground bullies and closet monsters, and we're thrilled to give one lucky child the bold power of the Turok name."

Turok: Evolution Baby Naming Contest

For the first time, "pushing your luck" could mean $10,000! If you're a parent expecting a child with a due date on or around 9-1-02 and are willing to legally name your baby 'Turok' for one year, visit www.turok.com/baby and pre-register for the contest. Out of the list of applicants, if your child is the first one born on Sunday, 9-1-02, then your brand new little dinosaur hunter, 'Turok', will get $10,000 in U.S. Savings Bonds.

Winners must provide official proof of birth with time and date from a hospital within the United States. In addition, winners must also sign a legally binding intent form to name their child's first name "Turok". $10,000 in United States Series EE Savings Bonds will be awarded to the winner upon furnishing a valid birth certificate that clearly indicates the baby's first name as "Turok" to Acclaim Entertainment. Please visit http://www.turok.com/baby for the entire list of official contest rules and regulations.

Developed by Acclaim's world-renowned Austin Studio, Turok: Evolution is a prequel to the blockbuster franchise that has generated more than 6 million units and $250 million in sales worldwide. Featuring an entirely new game engine that was specifically designed for the next-generation gaming systems, Turok: Evolution is an epic adventure of exploration, treachery and war set against a backdrop of lush jungles, mysterious temples and the most realistic and deadly array of dinosaurs ever to be created in a video game.

Turok: Evolution has been rated "Mature" by the Entertainment Software Rating Board, and will be available on 9-01-02 for Nintendo GameCube at a suggested retail price of $49.99. For more information about Turok: Evolution, please visit http://www.turok.com.

Stolen from: http://www.nintendo.com/news/news_articles...?articleID=7282

I'd have to kick some kids ass with a tree branch, take his $2 lunch money, and smear his face in playground pebbles if my name was Turok.

So is this game worth renting to try first or should I buy it?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Man, I got Mario Sunshine last week, and that game is pretty difficult. My brother has 63 shines.

On a unrelated side note, I hate how IGN has all the cool stories locked down. It makes me wanna kill someone in real life.

edit: I'd rather sit in front of the tv playing a game than watching some citcom or other stupid televised event. Tv's are for games, not game shows and movies. The one exception I'll make is the news.

Here's some video's.... they're pretty funny.

http://www.turok.com/evolution/movies/index.html

Turok: Evolution offers an array of exciting features, including:

* Entirely new game engine built from the ground up to take full advantage of the next-generation hardware platforms;

* For the first time ever in a Turok video game - flight missions enable players to soar through the skies on a fully-armed winged Quetzalcoatlus in air-to-surface, air-to-ground and multiplayer battles;

* Ground-breaking Squad Dynamics System (S.D.S.) offers incredibly realistic enemy and allied squad A.I., enabling troops to take cover, establish strategic positions and even surrender;

* Stealth- and action-based gameplay directed by rich, character-driven storylines;

* The most advanced artificial intelligence ever in a FPS; enemies and dinosaurs react instinctively to environmental changes and combat situations;

* Lush jungle environments, thriving with vast flora, natural water sources and indigenous life at every turn;

* Incredible variety of prehistoric, insect, mammal and oceanic life forms, each with frightening and deadly realism;

* More than 30 weapons, including the all-new Gravity Disrupter Beam, Swarm Bore and Baby Nuke, each with unique traits and damage;

* Scripted story events bring the Lost Land to life with stunning detail;

* Destructible objects and environments: shoot down trees onto enemies and collapse massive rock spires onto dinosaurs;

* Incredible multiplayer levels and modes, each filled with hours of action-packed gameplay;

* More than 3,000 sound effects recorded throughout the world, enhancing the realism of the game via Dolby Digital and Dolby Surround Sound.

• 4 weeks later...

I've rented this

this game is pretty kool... but multyplayer sux ass cuz it need AI Bots instead of little gay annoying dinosaus attacking u when u use a spider mine. the controls take a little getting used to and the secondary firings and zoom are cunfuzing each other constantly with the cycle weapons forward button... i'd give this game a 8 out of 10

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I recently fired up my N64 and started Turok2: Seeds of Evil all over again... Good fucking lord, I'd forgotten how goddamn large the levels in that game are. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest Greedy

That game is fat. But on multiplayer there is this wepon "plasma rifle" it's so fucking cheep. It's heat seaking and it goes through walls.

All in all it s pretty good game. I'd recomend it.

Archived