Something to read

Guest KING BLING

Guest KING BLING

UN summit

adbusters

earth charter

"This summer, in Johannesburg, South Africa, 65000 delegates, represantatives and observers will evaluate the climate convention, the convention on biodiversity, the rainforest principles and the agenda 21 of 'sustainable human development'. Will they negotiate in the realisation that we are alive as part of the earth, not to control it? Or the realisation that overdeveloped economies need to be downsized drastically for this world population to have a future? Or that northern consumers are much less likely to survive a breakdown of the economic system then 'underdeveloped' peasants of the south?"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING

1. Respect Earth and life in all its diversity.

2. Care for the community of life with understanding, compassion, and love.

3. Build democratic societies that are just, participatory, sustainable, and peaceful.

4. Secure Earth's bounty and beauty for present and future generations.

5. Protect and restore the integrity of Earth's ecological systems, with special concern for biological diversity and the natural processes that sustain life.

6. Prevent harm as the best method of environmental protection and, when knowledge is limited, apply a precautionary approach.

7. Adopt patterns of production, consumption, and reproduction that safeguard Earth's regenerative capacities, human rights, and community well-being.

8. Advance the study of ecological sustainability and promote the open exchange and wide application of the knowledge acquired.

9. Eradicate poverty as an ethical, social, and environmental imperative.

10. Ensure that economic activities and institutions at all levels promote human development in an equitable and sustainable manner.

11. Affirm gender equality and equity as prerequisites to sustainable development and ensure universal access to education, health care, and economic opportunity.

12. Uphold the right of all, without discrimination, to a natural and social environment supportive of human dignity, bodily health, and spiritual well-being, with special attention to the rights of indigenous peoples and minorities.

13. Strengthen democratic institutions at all levels, and provide transparency and accountability in governance, inclusive participation in decision making, and access to justice.

14. Integrate into formal education and life-long learning the knowledge, values, and skills needed for a sustainable way of life.

15. Treat all living beings with respect and consideration.

16. Promote a culture of tolerance, nonviolence, and peace.

Guest KING BLING

The point is that this is a global conferance going on right now...I don't beleive it will happen over night, but it is pretty convinient that most of us have not heard about it isn't it?

convenient? i guess.

but i dont expect these changes to go down over night

not even over a hundred kagillion trillion million and threee nights.

i dont watch the news much nor keep up on current events

but i know that these changes will never happen

65000 people. that on the grand scale, is nothing. now i love to see that the world is moving to atleast look at saving gaea, but in all honestly, like the rest of the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of protests, rallies, conventions, that have gone around in the US and the rest of the world, this one will be ignored by the superpowers.

of course the 1st world countries will die first, we've no idea how to survive w/o our north face puffy jackets and ford expeditions. those who do know survival tactics, not camping in a 75000 dollar RV will make it, just as those who live in the lower classed economies know how to live off the land.

anyways, i lost passion for caring about world politics some time ago. sometimes i almost care, but usually i know that no matter how much i put into it, the result will be the same. 40,000 children will starve to death everyday. thousands more acres of rainforest will become cheep farm land every day.

"saving the world is great, but i gotta sve myself first"--death by stereo.

break the system down.

Re: seriously

how are you sure of your existance? i think therefore i exist...but we could exist anywhere...we could make up molecules on some guys taco for all we know. tommorow you could wake up and be back in the 2nd grade picking your boogers, and your whole existance could just be one really long, weird dream. life in itself is a question that will always go unanswered, but why? because every life has a set path, whether it's fate, destiny, or just plain coincedince. until we learn to channel that path (read the future) and alter the future, that's when life's questions can be answered.

just something to ponder...

Re: Re: seriously

Originally posted by dai

how are you sure of your existance? i think therefore i exist...but we could exist anywhere...we could make up molecules on some guys taco for all we know. tommorow you could wake up and be back in the 2nd grade picking your boogers, and your whole existance could just be one really long, weird dream. life in itself is a question that will always go unanswered, but why? because every life has a set path, whether it's fate, destiny, or just plain coincedince. until we learn to channel that path (read the future) and alter the future, that's when life's questions can be answered.

just something to ponder...

DAMN THATS SOME DEEP GHANDI TYPE SHIT. WHERE CAN I FIND SOME STUFF LIKE THIS TO READ ON THE REGULAR?

Re: Re: Re: seriously

Originally posted by FUBU YAMAKA

DAMN THATS SOME DEEP GHANDI TYPE SHIT. WHERE CAN I FIND SOME STUFF LIKE THIS TO READ ON THE REGULAR?

it's like looking through the mirror, seeing past your concious 'reality' and your everday thoughts, then digging up thoughts deep in the back of your mind that you never payed much mind to, and then dwelling on them until you can come up with a simple, but logical answer.

Re: Re: seriously

Originally posted by dai

back in the 2nd grade picking your boogers

i dont need to be in the 2nd grade to do that

btw, that type of thinking always messes me up if i ponder it for too long

Archived