Senior Thesis: Creative Blocks...

ETHREADZNY

Not that i was even ready to go back to college, but makes it worse is this year i need to work on my senior thesis... The length of the paper has to be 40 pages long... Not only I am preoccupied by personal issues, i hate writing to began with....

However this post is for those who are intrested in given me Ideas... As a psychology major I need to get 15 lit articles on creative blocks, such as writers block and run an experiment... However I have an I dea for my experiment, but not really sure how to test it...

I want to do a study on mood and creativity....

anybody who has experience or is kind enough to give impact and ideas, please do...

thank you...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

okay just to start fucking around.....

what about providing stimulation positive and negative(news story) and then asking for a writing sample (poetry)

possible problems:

deciding what exactly is positive and negative stimulation?

how to judge the writing sample? how do statistically measure that?

wow its been awhile, but ill toss this around more....warming up my brain

pschologyminoroner..........

I totally hear you, I am unfortuantly going on my sixth year of college, with transfering twice.... I see my friends making it in the real world, and I want to be there... I keep debating whether to quit college, but then I see myself fliping burgers and I stick with it...

"I am unfortuantly going on my sixth year of college"

dood, youre my hero......

let me rant for a second....youre in the real world, as your boys are also...i used to get so fucking irked when people put that shit on me....its like fuck you, i got my own shit, and its harder enuff without you telling me its not real.....fuck off......

ok breathe

yeah i transfered to, but parents were not having me take another year, so i had to do 21 credits each semester my final year.....oh yeah but that shit wasnt "real", it was a wonderful dream with pixies and fairies and we all danced and sung songs...

the next time someone give ya that real world crap, tell em to write a senior thesis of 40 pages for a psych major.....

sorry i digress....

I realize how real it is, maybe a wrong choice of words... But every year I become deeper in debt.. I really want to start making a solid income, I can no longer hold down a job and maintan classes.. I give you alot of credit ,taking 21 credits at once... I am taking 15 and feel bogged down...

Guest postaholic

you said: "I want to do a study on mood and creativity...."

that is really interesting, and id like to help you out, and give you some ideas, ill be on AIM laters, so if you want to chat, let me know...

aim = ibteaser

let me know who you are to when you hit me up...

laters

Guest postaholic

my views on MOOD AND CREATIVITY:

i think mood plays a very important role in your creative skills. like when im angry, or have a bad day, or something just really shitty happens, i feel like sketching, and ill do one of the dopest pieces ive ever done in a few months. why cant i do that all the time? because my energy is somewhat focused. its my escape in some way, and i channel all those emotions into my work.

same things go when youre happy somewhat, you feel good, about yourself and in general, and then good things come from it.

id throw that in tha 40 pages and give a shout out to teaser in tha references ;)

:king:

Archived