'blow' the movie

fr8oholic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It was better than the usual "drug movies". It was so fuckin sad by the end that i almost cried. It was bad ass how they incorporated pablo escobar too, hes a legend. Did you notice how the guy that played escobar in that movie "clear and present danger" was also in Blow, but he played someone else, the fat dude with moustach.

Guest kidlugz

all the reviews i've read said it really blows. hahahaha. but seriously, i've heard it's just a rehashed version of scarface.

"fucking pelicans!!"

Guest hipnos

i actually really disliked it...so much so that i walked out of the theater...i thought the script was really bad.

Originally posted by kidlugz:

all the reviews i've read said it really blows. hahahaha. but seriously, i've heard it's just a rehashed version of scarface.

"fucking pelicans!!"

fuck reviews, anyways, the world needs more movies like scarface..johnny depp is a badass actor. i'm gonna go see it this weekend

Originally posted by kidlugz:

"fucking pelicans!!"

That really ruined it for me, I wanted to see that. I hate scarface. I don't know why everyone likes it.

It's Too long- the story could have been told easily in an hour and a half.

Being so long it got drug out and lost my interest.

I normally like good ol Al, but in scarface he annoyed the shit out of me.

The concept of the film was kinda unoriginal but they could have done so much more that they didn't.

In closing, FUCK SCARFACE!

------------------

[O!][:_:][O!]

A buddy of mine wanted to see it, but I flat-out refused on the off chance it might glorify coke.

I know alot of people said the same thing about Trainspotting and heroine or Fight Club and violence, but I really don't give a shit. I actually really liked Trainspotting and just yelled at someone who was badmouthing Fight Club when they had never seen the ending, which may make me a hipocrite here but I don't feel like chancing the $8.50.

If someone I trust to have good taste tells me good things about it, maybe I'll catch it on video.

It's 8.75 where I live... What happened to 6 dollars and like $3 or $4 if you come before 5?

Anyway, I really liked the movie. Better than Traffic. It was so much more detailed about the business.

And for those who don't know, it's a true story. It's about George Jung, who was in the Meddelin(sp) Cartel with Escobar, Lehder and the Ochoas.. I think I have their names right...

Do some research, it's really interesting. These guys use to make millions of dollars in ONE FUGGIN DAY!

Awesome movie. Just got back from watching it with homie Jews. Got choked up. Sad Sad Sad ending. Bitch Wife. Bitchmaid friends, Hot Bitches. I also saw a super cute girl at the theatre. (Ticket Sales girl.) But she I.D.'d my almost 20 yearold ass. haha It's all good.

• 1 year later...

it is a really good movie and sticks kinda close to the real shit (it is based on a ture story after all, but you know some get too romanticised) yeah definetely liked it, and penelope cruz is hot...

"lets get facked up matherfackers!!!"

Guest GEAsusONEnep

That movie is straight crazy. The dude is a fucking nut. One part he snorts like 15 grams or some crazy amount of powder and then his wife goes into labor. Dudes chillin in a corner, completely norted, pale as a motherfucker having a seisure or some shit while watching his daughter being born. Its amazing how much money you can make selling that shit.

i dont really think it was like scarface... because if you have seen scarface, you know what happens, he never really wants to better himself, he just wants to become bigger.

i think in blow, its a little more... i guess humane would be the word. it looks upon george jung's life, and shows you the end result, and shows you his regret and asks you, look at how he lived his life, and what happens, was it worth it? i thought it was a good movie. one of the best quotes was in the deleted scenes though.

"life is like an ocean. you have to fucking drown in it...

...to feel its intensity." - george jung.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by evry1s nthng

i dont really think it was like scarface... because if you have seen scarface, you know what happens, he never really wants to better himself, he just wants to become bigger.

i think in blow, its a little more... i guess humane would be the word. it looks upon george jung's life, and shows you the end result, and shows you his regret and asks you, look at how he lived his life, and what happens, was it worth it? i thought it was a good movie. one of the best quotes was in the deleted scenes though.

"life is like an ocean. you have to fucking drown in it...

...to feel its intensity." - george jung.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon26.gif'>

Archived