smart drugs?

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by casekonly

i've been taking ginkgo biloba for about three months now and seem to have good results. just wondering if anyone else has tried this shit or any other nootropics?

I say if its natural and is though to have good effects....what are you missing out on by not taking it...

Guest Stapler

Just another sucker buying shit off the SHOPPING CHANNEL............Damm I should sell my nut juice say it is healthy and someone like you would buy it as miracal juice:D ..........Anyway the reason alot of those things SUPPOSEDLY work is the person gets a confidence boost out of it and this then makes them think their life is better in a way ;)

from www.erowid.org

Ginkgo Biloba

From Smart Drugs and Nutrients:

GINKGO BILOBA: A Nootropic Herb?

Ginkgo biloba is the oldest species of tree known, dating back 300 million years. Extracts from the leaves of the ginkgo biloba tree have been used by Chinese medicine for thousands of years. European physicians write over 1.2 million prescriptions per month for it. Ginkgo biloba is used to improve cerebral circulation, mental alertness, and overall brain functioning.

More than 34 human studies on ginkgo have been published since 1975, showing that ginkgo works by increasing blood flow throughout the body and brain. Ginkgo increases the productions of adenosine triphosphate (ATP, the universal energy molecule). It also improves the brain's ability to metabolize glucose, prevents platelet aggregation inside arterial walls by keeping them flexible, improves the transmission of nerve signals, and acts as a powerful antioxidant.

Ginkgo biloba leaf is effective for people with symptoms of reduced blood flow to the brain and extremities. It has been shown to be helpful with many of the complaints of the elderly such as: memory loss, slow thinking and reasoning, depression, dizziness, ringing in the ears, headaches, and senile macular degeneration (a major cause of blindness).

One study even shows significant improvement in people who have both Parkingson's and Alzheimer's disease. In this study 25 people w/ Parkingson's disease and signs of Alzheimer's disease were given ginkgo extract daily for one year. They were tested with standard tests, clinical evaluations, and a new computerized EEG. The scores improved significantly.

CITE: Funfgeld, E.W. "A natural and broad spectrum nootropic substance treatment of SDAT - the gingko biloba extract".

from Progress in Clinical and Biological Research, 1989, 317 (pp 1247-1260)

One study does not prove that Gingko biloba is efficacious in the treatment of these diseases. However, ginkgo is safe, inexpensive and easily obtained, and people with Parkingsons and/or Alzheimer's might consider experimenting with it.

PRECAUTIONS: No negative effects have been reported in the literature even in very large quantities.

DOSAGE: Most research has been done with a gingko biloba extract which contained a 24% concentration of flavinoid extract. At this strength, the usual dosage is 120-160mg per day taken in three divided doses. However, many gingko products are lower in potency, and may require dosages as high as 1000mg per day. Three to six months is probably needed to evaluate the results.

well, sucker i may be, but home shopping network patron, no.

look, i've had good results, being able to memorize ten digit numbers after hearing them only once, is one good effect. it's not like an immediate effect, either, it's subtle at first, increasing effects as you take it longer and longer. if you're interested, vitamin e is also a good free-radical killer. i'm not all nature-boy, tree hugger, but i really do think this stuff works. whatever.

fuck a cnn. ted turner is a bitch.

Guest GEAsusONEnep
Originally posted by casekonly

i pay about $7.50 per bottle of 100 pills at 120 milligrams per pill. it's suffices. i take two a day. it really helps for studying

Umm, trust me: none of that herbal shit is making you smarter. Every drug ever created has good effects and bad effects that are, or at least close to, equal. Want a drug that will REALLY make you smarter? Get some adderalls. I don't even go to school but whenever I'm bored at my crib I'll take 30-40 mg and all of a sudden I'll be writing, reading, and basically being more productive intellectually than I've been in all 4 years of high school combined.

Originally posted by GEAsusONEnep

Umm, trust me: none of that herbal shit is making you smarter. Every drug ever created has good effects and bad effects that are, or at least close to, equal. Want a drug that will REALLY make you smarter? Get some adderalls. I don't even go to school but whenever I'm bored at my crib I'll take 30-40 mg and all of a sudden I'll be writing, reading, and basically being more productive intellectually than I've been in all 4 years of high school combined.

Anyone who ever takes medical advice from anyone on this board deserves to die (and probally will)...adderall to make you smarter?!?!

Reminds me of the time me and this tweaker were playin' some dice, and he's smokin' meth in front of me telling me how crystal's good for you and you might as well smoke it because breathing's bad for you.

matthewitjustdoesn'tmakesensethirteen.

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by WhenOne

placebo? i dunno it might do something.

ive never heard of any amazing results though.

you are joking, right?

Guest GEAsusONEnep
Originally posted by Matthew13

Anyone who ever takes medical advice from anyone on this board deserves to die (and probally will)...adderall to make you smarter?!?!

Reminds me of the time me and this tweaker were playin' some dice, and he's smokin' meth in front of me telling me how crystal's good for you and you might as well smoke it because breathing's bad for you.

matthewitjustdoesn'tmakesensethirteen.

If you're trying to tell me that adderall doesn't make your brain function faster and clearer while you're on it, you're kidding yourself. I wouldn't recommend eating them like candy (even though they taste kind of good) unless you want to be a 90 lbs sweaty mess with lockjaw, but if you're trying to write a 40 page paper that is due the next day, I would HIGHLY reccommend you shell out a few beans for some adderall.

yeah, well, i'm trying to gain weight, i don't need to sit around smokin' foilies or take adderral....ha ha...little orange tweak pills...i had my fun with those, when i was a teenager...why, i remember doin' 40mgs pills all day and tweakin' the fuck out...wish i could say "those were the good old days"

fuck some speed, though. i like the kb's. much better...a good heady blend of..ah, nevermind. this is turning into a funny thread, though

Archived