SNOOP GIVES UP ALCOHOL & WEED

E-DubleSkilZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GEAsusONEnep
Originally posted by seeking

and you are trying to argue with me on this point, because??? stupid white people like myself? please tell me you're black so i begin every further response with 'dear tom'.

think about every single highly popular black celebrity you know of. damn near every single one but denzel washington (who just happens to be very good looking) tends to personify some stereotypical trait associated with black people. there are no 'tom hanks' or 'anthony hopkins' or 'john malkovich's' in the black actors guild. outkast was never accepted by white society until andre started dressing like a p-funk step child.

so, yeah, what was your counter argument again? that it sells? yes, it sells, but at what cost? when all white people are ever shown are gnagsters and clowns, how can you expect them to believe any different? when keeping it 'real' means being everything that is destroying the black community, how cool is it really, to be 'real'?

seeks/obviously its much larger than snoop smoking weed

Good point. I still don't like you very much, though.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

sorry, i just have issues with black folks being forced to personify grossly overstated characterizations of themselves in order to be acceptible to american society.

i dont beleive anyone FORCES snoop to dress how he does, i think he has a different type of style and he dresses how he wants to. i was never talking about "black folks" i was talking about snoop.

im not even gonna bother talking about stereotypes and racism in the entertainment world, not because i dont beleive it exists HEAVILY, but because thats not what my original point was.

you dont like how snoop dresses, thats your opinion. i still contend no one is forcing him to dress how he does.

i know that no one 'forces' him to dress that way. my point was to be widely accepted by white society, you have to act in a manner that puts white people at ease, which means, generaly speaking, making them laugh. i can count on one hand the number of black actors and actresses that have become famous for dramatic roles, as opposed to comedic ones. or of course the other side of the coin, their sex appeal.

finally, i dont have a problem with how snoop dresses, i have a problem with the fact that he wouldnt be as succesful if he didnt.

if you're a black kid growing up today, who can you look at, that looks like you, that is a 'positive' roll model? thats my point... that society only values that which makes it money, keeps it laughing, or sucks its dick, and the sad fact is that a dramatic black celebrity that does none of the above, does not exist.

just how i see it, whatever...

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Snoop has Cadillac making him

his own line of cars, the "Snoop De Ville".

He must be doing something right.

I know he aint a house ni**a .

Geez like that are not uncle T's.

I think someone is mad at someone elses record sales.

and I dont think we will ever see a "Seek Da Ville".

Mr Big Stuff (on 12oz) thats all.

Cuba Gooding

Will Smith

Eddie Murphy (making a comeback)

James Earl Jones

Morgan Freeman

Seeking/isAmoron

i gotta agree with webs. seekings, its sounds like you've just been drinking too much haterade lately. i thought you were down with the dee oh double gee. snoop is a dope fucking rapper and thats all thats important. no one can say with 100% certianty why snoop dresses the way he does. if i was constantly stoned and hella famous i'd probablly be sporting the banddana suits too. its like a 'im-famous-and-im-gonna-dress-fucking-crazy-and-you-will-still-buy-all-my-records-and-blunt-wraps-and-kiss-my-ass' type statement. its hard for me to imagine you, seeking, famous and NOT dressing crazy-like too. snoop doesn't seem like the uncle tom type to me. first read his autobiography, than lets talk.

furieONERneedsAroofOVERhisHEAD...

Guest -MOE LESTER-

how funny would it be if he dressed like a slave and said 'yes masta, right away masta, toby be a good nigger, masta'?

ok, it would be kind of funny, but still, it doenst make it any less fucked up!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH DUDE YOUR RACIST AS FUCK HAHAHAHAHAHAH THAT MADE ME LAUGH THOUGH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Re: *believe*

Originally posted by WebsterUno

Snoop has Cadillac making him

his own line of cars, the "Snoop De Ville".

He must be doing something right.

I know he aint a house ni**a .

Geez like that are not uncle T's.

I think someone is mad at someone elses record sales.

and I dont think we will ever see a "Seek Da Ville".

Mr Big Stuff (on 12oz) thats all.

Cuba Gooding

Will Smith

Eddie Murphy (making a comeback)

James Earl Jones

Morgan Freeman

Seeking/isAmoron

who said snoop was a house nigga? who said he wasnt popular? you think im mad at his record sales? dude, did you even fucking read what i said? im bashing white society, not snoop. jesus dude, get off the 'hate seeking' bandwagon, no one cares anymore.

and as far as your list...

i would almost give you cuba gooding if the movie was most famous for (jerry macguire) didnt fill the 'black man as star athlete' catagory.

will smith? i wouldnt call will smith a 'dramatic' actor. he is the whole some black man that white people love to like cause it makes them feel diverse.

james earl jones? are you kidding me? no one gives a shit about james earl jones, black or white.

eddie murphy... your gonna tell me eddie wasnt accepted into white society because he could make white folks laugh? are you kidding me? eddie is hillarious. he is not a dramatic actor.

morgan freeman. you got me on that one. he is not only an incredible actor, but he plays good roles. so ok, you got one. so out of the 12% of america that is black, they have 2 black dramatic actors representing them.

are you just trying to argue with me, or with the facts?

fury and webs. did you guys get together and fucking smoke dust?

you completely missed 100% of everything that i said. i wasnt hating on snoop in the least, i was hating on a racist society that will only welcome black people into their homes if they have a joke or a football. IM DISSING WHITE SOCIETY, NOT SNOOP.

jesus christ.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

Re: Re: *believe*

james earl jones? are you kidding me?

im agreeing with almost everything your saying, but this...no. james earl jones is a great fucking actor. He's a bit old and isnt as busy as he used to be, but he has always been awesome. You can't deny his talent. He has an incredible presence. maybe you just have to be really into movies to appreciate him and all the work hes done. Which is about 157 tv/movie roles according to imdb.

also...Sidney Poitier? Tell me he's not a dramatic actor. Im not sure if your familiar with his work, since its really from a different time. But Mr. Poitier was a really great actor.

my point about james earl jones is that to 85% of america he is the voice of darth vader and nothing more.

sidney poiteir, ok, your right, another good dramatic black actor. and how far back into the past did you have to look to find him? your own arguments are proving my point. you have to dig into the crates just to come up with one or two. samuel L jackson almost always plays some sort of stereotypical black role, star wars being the one recent exception, but since that movie also starred green people with 3 heads, i hardly think having ONE black man in it is noteworthy.

how many movies have you seen that had a black man in a staring role who wasnt A. an athlete, B. a cop, C. a criminal. or D. a sex symbol? there have been very few.

you guys are all trying to argue this with jabs at me, as if proving ME wrong is some great feat. i wish i could be proven 'wrong' about this, it would mean society is alot less fucked than i believe. the problem is, the facts are on my side. all you guys have is the inherent beliefe that im an asshole. ok, im an asshole, but america is still racist to its core and unless your a black man with a joke and a smile, they have no use for you.

i know that no one 'forces' him to dress that way. my point was to be widely accepted by white society, you have to act in a manner that puts white people at ease, which means, generaly speaking, making them laugh. i can count on one hand the number of black actors and actresses that have become famous for dramatic roles, as opposed to comedic ones. or of course the other side of the coin, their sex appeal.

finally, i dont have a problem with how snoop dresses, i have a problem with the fact that he wouldnt be as succesful if he didnt.

if you're a black kid growing up today, who can you look at, that looks like you, that is a 'positive' roll model? thats my point... that society only values that which makes it money, keeps it laughing, or sucks its dick, and the sad fact is that a dramatic black celebrity that does none of the above, does not exist.

just how i see it, whatever...

how do you know he wouldnt be as successful. he makes music and when you listen to it you arent looking at him.

Guest mikro137
now hopefully he'll quit wearing such ridiculous outfits and speaking like he's stuck in the 70's.

oh man , thats jive... turkey

Guest SPLINTER

im just here to defend james earl jones. i never knew he was the voice of darth. i have enjoyed every single movie hes had anything to do with.

Guest WebsterUno

fury and webs. did you guys get together and fucking smoke dust?

No, but we should.

Actually, we can. Whats up furie. This weeknd or what? Im free.

Except for the T&T festival on Saturday morning. I dont smoke dust,

just that boogie.

I get your point seek. But I still think he dresses the

he wants. If he gets clothes handed to him to wear, its because he

is a star, and has an image, that he created (an act), to uphold. So

of course theyre going to hand him something that fits his persona.

He just so happens to play that laid back, cool-calm-collective

attitude. Pimp mode if you will. So he wears suits that fit the style

that he rocks. You werent mad at Sonic 3000 for dressing in that purple

garanimal fit were you?

(No offese bro, I got my own custom in the works, think cousin IT!) ;)

I doubt whitey accepts us, really. I cant walk into Allawishes Buchanens

(fictional person) crib and lite up a spliff cuzz Snoops got the hot joint

on the knock box! Fuck no! It aint like that. He justs raps about things

that most everyone wishes they had, or had done. I think that is why

he is widely accepted. He is Ghetto Fabulous. Even rock stars wish they

could live life like that. Living lavish, driving pimpmobiles, having girls

braid your hair. Admit it, wouldnt you want to live like that? Society tells

you to say no, but the inner person in some of us says YES! So yeah,

we are not fully accepted. They just entertain. Thank affirmative action

for having people like us 'all up in the house' ya know!

my beef has never been with snoop, or how he choses to dress. my initial comment was off the cuff sarcasm. ive been down with snoop since the 187 single.

when i actually got into discussing it, obviously (or so i thought) i was talking about the fact that society refuses to accept black men as 'equals'. they have to be funny, or strong, or be able to jump or some shit.

why anyone wants to argue that point confuses me. why they feel that attacking me will somehow prove america less racist also confuses me.

Archived