from drugs and the suddenly change their minds. The most glaring is

Snoop's rhyme partner Dr Dre. If folks recall he made that bold

statement about the dangers of smoking chronic and then went on to

make two classic albums with that as the theme as well as the hugely

successful 'Up In Smoke Tour'...Will Snoop eventually flip flop on

this issue? Also as he gives up alcohol and weed will he also give up

his 'pimp'/ Mack daddy persona? I'm sure there are a lot of sistas

who would be happy if he did....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would hardly call one single line in the middle of an otherwise completely decedant album a 'bold' statement. hypocritical perhaps, but itll be a cold day in hell before i dis someone for saying the 'right' thing, even if behind closed doors they do the wrong. also, on an album filled with stories of murder and dealing crack, who really bought into the idea that they didnt get high?

as for snoop, dude coming out and saying he's going sober isnt like your room mate swearing hes never gonna drink again, as he throws up all overhimself. for dude to come out and announce that, knowing the stir it would create, he would have to be pretty determined.

good for snoop. now hopefully he'll quit wearing such ridiculous outfits and speaking like he's stuck in the 70's.

seeks/taking it all oh so seriously

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by seeking

now hopefully he'll quit wearing such ridiculous outfits and speaking like he's stuck in the 70's.

you dont like his outfits? they're funny as hell. he gets tons of females dressed like that. his little kid was on mtv for some reason, and he was dressed up in a funny outfit too.

Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

you dont like his outfits? they're funny as hell. he gets tons of females dressed like that. his little kid was on mtv for some reason, and he was dressed up in a funny outfit too.

sorry, i just have issues with black folks being forced to personify grossly overstated characterizations of themselves in order to be acceptible to american society.

how funny would it be if he dressed like a slave and said 'yes masta, right away masta, toby be a good nigger, masta'?

ok, it would be kind of funny, but still, it doenst make it any less fucked up!

Guest willy.wonka

:knowin how much of the FBI are watchin him:

"yeah,ima quit smokin bud and drinking, i feel as if it clouds my vision, thankyou."

i saw snoop d-o-double g's house yesterday and it looked nothing like what i expected from watching mtv cribs. probablly because i couldnt see over the wall. but there was a funky smelling stench in the air. hmmmmm....

sorry, i just have issues with black folks being forced to personify grossly overstated characterizations of themselves in order to be acceptible to american society.

how funny would it be if he dressed like a slave and said 'yes masta, right away masta, toby be a good nigger, masta'?

ok, it would be kind of funny, but still, it doenst make it any less fucked up!

Ever seen Hollywood Shuffle? Classic.

matthewdizzybatorwhateverthehellthehotdogstandwascalledthirteen.

Guest GEAsusONEnep

Are you saying that the reason Snoop dresses in outrageous clothes is to become accepted by stupid white people like yourself? It has been proven time and time again that being different/original SELLS. Its actually pretty comical that you're pulling the race card out on a topic that really has nothing to do with race.

Guest Stapler

This is another thing that SOCIETY is going to blow up cause it is a CELEBRITY suddingly quiting how many others have tried before??? Did they make a scene out of it hell fucking no........................

all i can say is:

BOLLOCKS

Originally posted by GEAsusONEnep

Are you saying that the reason Snoop dresses in outrageous clothes is to become accepted by stupid white people like yourself? It has been proven time and time again that being different/original SELLS. Its actually pretty comical that you're pulling the race card out on a topic that really has nothing to do with race.

and you are trying to argue with me on this point, because??? stupid white people like myself? please tell me you're black so i begin every further response with 'dear tom'.

think about every single highly popular black celebrity you know of. damn near every single one but denzel washington (who just happens to be very good looking) tends to personify some stereotypical trait associated with black people. there are no 'tom hanks' or 'anthony hopkins' or 'john malkovich's' in the black actors guild. outkast was never accepted by white society until andre started dressing like a p-funk step child.

so, yeah, what was your counter argument again? that it sells? yes, it sells, but at what cost? when all white people are ever shown are gnagsters and clowns, how can you expect them to believe any different? when keeping it 'real' means being everything that is destroying the black community, how cool is it really, to be 'real'?

seeks/obviously its much larger than snoop smoking weed

Archived