i need real shoes...

vinyl junkie

i've been wearing my steel toed army boots for 3 months now... before this i never used to wear them for more than 2 days in a row- with a couple weeks of not wearing them in between... now i've been wearing them every day... i can't run in them... i've had to climb fences a couple of times, and if you've ever tried to climb chain link in steel toes you know how aggravating that is... they're heavy, they're hot, and they take up too much space in a bag... the only good things about them is that they've actually lasted all this time (and i've done a whole lot of walking) and if i go swimming i can cram all my stuff inside them (empty all my pockets into them, including 2 cargo pockets that are constantly and overly full, 2 shirts, a couple bandanas, and socks)...

i can't wait to get home and put on my old shell toes...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i don't want more boots (i don't even want to see mine for while...) and i don't need new shoes... i have a couple pairs of shell toes back home in storage, and if i got new shoes now (which i couldn't cuz i have no money) i couldn't fit them in my bag... but i get to say good bye to these fuckers in like a week...

Guest willy.wonka

hmmm..i was gonna say go get some skateshoes and learn what heaven feels like, but ima go with get some NEW BALANCES AND KNOW WHAT HEAVEN FEELS LIKE.

• 2 weeks later...

for me its all about the skateshoe comfort and fo the chillin (im flat footed lol) its all about converse chuck taylors (the OLD ones) they will last forever and they feel like your wearing socks , they are cool because they breathe and they dont crush your feet at all so sexy but other than that its all about vans , also i ALWAYS add the soles that osris uses in their shoes i forget the companys name now but go check out the inside of a pair of osiris those are easily the best insoles ever

Originally posted by Pistol

dude those fall apart with the quickness. only some people can rock them. some just look like dorks.

ive had mine over a year and a half and the only thing wrong is a little walk wear on the bottom nothing major the eyelets from the sides are missing and the left one has a small hole in it from me skating in them drunk , its all how you treat your shoes if you run around ramming your abnormally large feet into curbs and what not of course ANY shoe is gonna fall apart , all i do in my shoes is walk around (chucks) and my skate shoes are for skating if your going for durability and comfort its all about skate shoes these things can take the most hellacious treatment and still look decent think about it these shoes have to be able to suport your body weight falling from high heights stairs , drops ect. example jaimie thomas doing the leap of faith the guy ollied over a hand rail (about 3 feet ) down a 25 foot drop and walked away after doing this TWICE they have to be able to absorb something , they are constantly scraped along griptape (for those who dont know this is basicly a heavy grit sandpaper) and not fall to shreds , this is the only way to go

Archived