Dumpsters??

FourOneTwo

Guest YinzerXpress
Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor

remember the old JYK RUNS SHIT dumpster? cres, rythm, probe....

that was back a few weeks ago, and the SHIT had been covered over with flourescent orange.

why didnt you fix it lol.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i never have and never will understand this phenomenon in pittsburgh. instead of painting and repainting those damn things, wasting paint, why dont you guys do spots or freights? i know you guys didnt believe me when i came to the burgh and said it, but now you see all kinds of other kids coming from out of town, doing the same kind of hood bombing i always encouraged...what will it take for you guys to get the message?! NO ONE does "dumpsters", 'cept yall.....WHY??!?!

Originally posted by cheerleader

i never have and never will understand this phenomenon in pittsburgh. instead of painting and repainting those damn things, wasting paint, why dont you guys do spots or freights? i know you guys didnt believe me when i came to the burgh and said it, but now you see all kinds of other kids coming from out of town, doing the same kind of hood bombing i always encouraged...what will it take for you guys to get the message?! NO ONE does "dumpsters", 'cept yall.....WHY??!?!

well, i'll tell you why i paint them. shit, it's a lazy summer afternoon and you have like 3 cans, you can walk a little bit and go paint a dumpster. in a short amount of time it's up running somewhere, they always are. they never get buffed, and they are guaranteed to be somewhere with your name on it, so it's a portable/stationary spot. portable like a freight, it moves, stationary because it chills somewhere for a while. no, they shouldn't be done instead of street bombing, but it's jsut something to do. they don't get painted and re-painted all the time, i really don't think they get repainted at all, there's always new ones. shit, it's not like we base our entire carreers on painting dumpsters.

i dont know maybe at least if they were out on the street when they were done it would be diffrent but form all the images that are on here it looks like the dumpsters are laying up in the cornor of some place in the woods waiting to be taken out to town and chances are there being done in these spots and not out in the streets witch would actually be kinda cool but i doubt thats how things are going down.

Guest mikro137

i dunno its just fun to go there and be silly. they do run , and they get seen by alot of people , and when you aint got nothing better to do , no whip , and youre as lazy as i am , they are a fun , easy to do , option to your day. basing your whole life around em is gay , granted , but its a fun once and a while thing.

Guest crack is wack

i feel the dumpster idea and put it to use in my hometown i dont waste fill-ins because they get buffed round here but ill always be down to find dumpster on side streets and tag em to hell n back with some griffin.

Guest YinzerXpress
Originally posted by cheerleader

tradition thats why. as stupid as it may sound thats the reason. jesse probe put me down to painting dumpsters in 1999. right near where we went to school they lay em up. shit chills for like a week or two, paint em and they roll and end up posted in oakland or downtown, or any other place in the city. i hate painting those fucking things, not that its difficult, but its just a bitch. but because of probe i probably will hit them for a long time after i write this, i only do them like 3 or 4 times a year now but thats enough for me. i dont understand what the big deal about it is, noone ever gave serg or bzerk or yelp any shit for painting dumpsters(they have i got flicks) but its a big deal if us yougner cats do. when im in the city of pittsburgh every couple weeks, i go out and paint the entire time im there. i rocked 213 pieces this summer, not a whole lot but enough i was content. they werent all pussy ass chill spots either, so in conclusion.....tradition, sounds odd dont it.

cressy cres

Everyone was having a good laugh until Bem posted Uncle Richie rocking a dumpster...now no one has anything to say? Cats in NY have been rocking those long as I can remember. Getting up is not just limited to trains; Dumpsters, Buses, Ice-Cream trucks, ...basically anything that gets around is preferable to a wall-spot that just remains in place. I have seen Veefer, Sen4, Stay-High 149, and more, murdering dumpsters lately in NYC.

Guest mikro137
Originally posted by SCOTCHWISKEO

Everyone was having a good laugh until Bem posted Uncle Richie rocking a dumpster...now no one has anything to say? Cats in NY have been rocking those long as I can remember. Getting up is not just limited to trains; Dumpsters, Buses, Ice-Cream trucks, ...basically anything that gets around is preferable to a wall-spot that just remains in place. I have seen Veefer, Sen4, Stay-High 149, and more, murdering dumpsters lately in NYC.

Hell yes! word the fuck up SCOTCH...

Archived