things that are cooler than what i do...

superstarism

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by __ __ __ __

How about the cholo writing in the west coast...started back in the 20's...using paint brushes....the first aerosol can was out but not known about in the early 30's....

i still beleive it started by all the cholos...(OLD ENGLISH STYLE WRITING) on the westcoast...and you cant deny it if you check out some shet...go research, ITS FUN!!!!

By the way...lets not turn this into a "WHAT SIDE IS BETTER" type of thing, im just saying that graffiti evolved from that.....just like its still evolving...i know some of you people have to get what im saying.....none the less RESPECT to all the O.G.'s

PEACE

graffiti in ny/phil evolved totally independent of all of that. it had no influence on the developement of subway graffiti whatsoever.

How about the cholo writing in the west coast...started back in the 20's...using paint brushes....the first aerosol can was out but not known about in the early 30's....

Gotta put my 2 cents in on this one..."The Seymour of Sycamore legacy goes back to 1949, when founder Ed Seymour devised a novelty spray gun to demonstrate an aluminum paint he had created for painting steam radiators. Based on the same principle as spray deodorizers and insecticides, the conveyance featured a small can of paint packaged with an aerosol propellant and fitted with a spray head."

if you dont believe me check out http://www.seymourpaint.com/index.cfm/about?id=1

Originally posted by worldoflies

graffiti in ny/phil evolved totally independent of all of that. it had no influence on the developement of subway graffiti whatsoever.

say word. it trips me out when people try to say that subway graffiti evolved from cholo writing, or hobo sketches or the funniest one of them all is the egyptians. i think my mans comments here are on the money. subway graffiti was born in philly, developed in N Y and nothing in human history is like it as a culture. it was created and evolved independently.

that is all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived