If the English settlers never went to America what language would you be speaking?

Guest SE4_2002

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest willy.wonka

SPANISH....from spain, i'd probably be a part of some dominant family with indian slaves that dig deep for precious metals such as gold and silver.

there would be no technology..people would still be riding around on horses and the world would be invaded by aliens.....:)

Guest willy.wonka

can you imagin what europe would be like if gangis kahn didint die

eveybody in the world would be speakin mongolian.

Guest imported_Tesseract

By some apocryphal accounts, after the American Revolution there was talk of deposing the language of the oppressor in favor of German, French, Greek, or Hebrew. Little evidence exists that any of these alternatives was seriously discussed. No doubt Roger Sherman, a delegate to the Continental Congress, summed up the prevailing view when he quipped, "It would be more convenient for us to keep the language as it was and make the English speak Greek."

A more persistent legend, popularized after the Civil War and revived by the German-American Bund in the 1930s, is that German failed by a single vote to become the official language of the United States. Apparently the tale draws on two unrelated events involving Frederick A. C. Muhlenberg, a Pennsylvania German who served as the first Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. One of these involved a petition by Virginia Germans seeking the publication of important federal laws in their language. In 1795, the House defeated this proposal on a 42-41 vote, in which Muhlenberg may have stepped down from the Speaker's chair to break a tie. Existing records, however, make it impossible to ascertain what role, if any, the Speaker played. It is known that he was never fluent in German and was widely suspected of Anglophilia.

Guest SPLINTER

spanish or one of two tribal dialects of nayarit. either cora or huichol. if i was huichol id be eating peyote once a year and partying hard for days. ofcourse i would have to walk the equivelant of the distance between cali and texas to get the damn peyote. if i was cora id be busy kidnapping white people and and usually killing them if they tried to escape or coverting them to tribal life.

damn, fuckin europeans ruined some exciting lifestyles i could've had.

This topic is odd cuz I was seriously thinking about movin out of LA when I get older and goin back to my native area(ARIZONA/Mexico) to relax and try to get babylon out of my system.Its funny how yall devils get so touchy when youre enjoyin the fruits of your theft, look at your world truthfully levas.

Archived