few blackbook pieces

Mr.Mojo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest stupid412

i like the gil shes ok..the shadows need some work but i like her..

but the peices are whack...seems like hey have no letter structure or structer at all...

JUST MY 2 CENTS

ha i cant spell for shit..

Originally posted by stupid412

i

but the peices are whack...seems like hey have no letter structure or structer at all...

The last one with the girl doesnt actually have any letter structure- I like the idea of messing with peoples heads and them trying to read something that isnt there..... hehehe

I guess they dont always work!

Guest --zeSto--

I see what you're trying to do.

It takes a lot of skill to pull off that 'classic wildstyle' look.

your stuff just doesn't seem polished enough.

now where's izzy or zone? now that's so polished it shines.

Guest stupid412
The last one with the girl doesnt actually have any letter structure- I like the idea of messing with peoples heads and them trying to read something that isnt there..... hehehe

i think you sorta missed out on what i said..

first i said every peice had litle or no structure and not just the girl peice.. sure there almost appealing but no structer at a glose look..

and again JUST MY 2 CENTS!

draw letters first and then try to add in curves or arrows or whatever...

post a black and white flick and youll see it better...

you cant hide a goofy style in a good color scheme

Guest stupid412

in my opinion letters are the first thing i look at..

im a letter nazi...

here are letters..

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00228910f00000044.jpg'>eyris by prism (that in my opinion is letter quality)

you put in 5 min of work look what you can do..

your letter quality isnt really there..

maybe your not looking in the right place

or maybe im just a stupid little kid.:confused:

Guest stupid412

ecce

i comend you on your stencles.. i like them alot maybe you can help me out with them...

just start out with a real basic style...then gradually add on....

this is a good site ive learned alot from... www.mikrone37.com its in the process of a big update so check back ( a good example and writer i look up to for stuff like that is cres, check him out)

if you have aim i have some cool examples stupididiot865 ...

Thanx. I will check them out.

I have been doing stencils and stuff for aout 2 years but have been taking it serious the whole time and really trying to push it. Im only just starting to layer the colours.

What would you like to know about them?

There is a good stencil tips page at - http://www.happyfeettravels.org/Stencils/HowToFAQ.html

This is good to get you started

There are also some good tips in the 'stencilling 101' thread in the yard

Originally posted by stupid412

in my opinion letters are the first thing i look at..

im a letter nazi...

here are letters..

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00228910f00000044.jpg'>eyris by prism (that in my opinion is letter quality)

you put in 5 min of work look what you can do..

your letter quality isnt really there..

Im going to agree with this, because I have seen those letters drawn, and Ive seen people try and paint those...and from what ive seen they come out looking wack as fuck....unless you have can control, and have paint experience of course...

Guest Stapler

Re: im with you

Originally posted by ~DeNtOnE~

ditto, he has alot going for him he just got a aussie type style not realy true to the letters... look at old school new york shit.. you will see how every letter has same fetures (sp):D

What are you talking about you obviously have never seen true Australian old school. People from Australia were busting up new style and letters for years..............I cant be fucked but if you find a page look for Puzzle, Merda, Peril, Tame, New and alot of other writers. Dont hate on a scene unless you understand it....................

Guest Stapler

Do a tag on paper with a 8mm Posca and then proceed to get another bit of tracing paper and trace it. Then add stuff ie: points and arows etc. That way you should be able to keep a good letter structure and get a bit of style into it.

I like the charectors by the way..................How long did you graf for in Sydney???? I am from Melbourne

Re: im with you

Originally posted by ~DeNtOnE~

ditto, he has alot going for him he just got a aussie type style not realy true to the letters... look at old school new york shit.. you will see how every letter has same fetures (sp):D

Aussie style, yeh good one mate HAHAHA

have look at this peice it says puzler, notice each horizontal line is really thin, vertical lines are fat, and diagonal lines are even fatter again...look on each letter, the kicks are all the same style as well.

http://www.graffiti.org/escapism/images/106-21.jpg'>

Guest Stapler

Have you got any old flicks lying around????? If so scan them and post them up I would like to see some old Sydney stuff. And if you were better when you first started writing then you should look at your old stuff and practice it a bit again. And thanks Morphius for posting that pick it shoves the truth up that ignorant fuckers asshole..............

Archived