HOW ABOUT THEM CANVASS...STRICKLY SPRAY PAINT!

SAKE*IBM*SCB*

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by sixteenvandals:

But even more so i admire the invention of the camera which made paintings of this nature redundant.

but a camera is just a tool to be like the any other tool used for ceating art.i don`t think how he got the art on the actual canvas matters yo, it`s the end results that truely matters.i suppose

I still think this guy is great with a spraycan, but i never really thought of spraypaint as the next airbrush.[/b]

but isn`t that what a spraycan is literally, airbrush in a can, and with new molotow premium paint and using those gold caps puts the spraycan on the another level, and being on some ol` other shit is what this artform is about

do you wonder why airbrushers never get famous as artists. have you seen an airbrush painting in a museum??.[/b]

you haven`t been to a museum in a long while have you son, i don`t remember the artist name but i expose to his work when i was about15 or 16 years that was 21 or 22 years that`s what got me in to airbrushing...know your history son and this cat was a in the fine art category...peace..roler

Originally posted by SHECKY SHENANIGANZ:

nice color schemes, yes, flow and originality?....please. none of these things are his. he is merely plagiarizing nature. my opinions are just that. opinions are not fact. he's still a hokey motherfucker with not a creative bone in his body. show something from his MIND, not something copied from a photograph.

yea....he's got technical skills. big deal. it still doesn't count for much in my books.

it's the representation of nature that makes it beautiful. think of emily carr or the group of seven. they painted nature scenes and those were beautiful as well. bateman's work is simply a highly technical representation of the same things.

hey sake- could you post some letters you've done? not that i don't like characters, i'd just be interested to see what else you've done..

------------------

elite salt. mp.

[This message has been edited by satellite (edited 09-23-2001).]

Archived