R.I.P. NACE-MAYHEM/FC/CBS/DF

Guest ASTISM

Guest cracked ass

I deliberately waited a long time to add my thoughts to this thread, because I didn't know the man and I wanted to hear first from those who did. I met him at a show just long enough for him to hit my blackbook, which he did graciously despite a sort of dorky introduction on my part. I knew only of his status as a freight king then, and have since found out the real extent of his work, making it clearer what we've lost. Just a few weeks ago I flicked him (and Chip) up on one of my local cars, a pleasant surprise.

Fuck the reaper for going big this year...RIP Nace, Meta, Sope, Child and all the others we've lost.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's been so many writers in general lost in the last few years, its' really a kind of a warning that i keep in the back of my head now, it makes me glad i don't do illegals anymore because of so many risks in so many different ways. all i can say to all the writers, may they have been kings or toys, rest in peace. there's a heaven for writers.

throughout the past few days, ive had Nace on my mind, and to tell you the truth, this shit REALLY got to me. i've been just buggin because such a talented writer had to go at the hands of a drunk, if this shit touches anybody on any level, remember, as fucked up as this society is that we live amongst, keep in mind that theres a certain level of responsibility we hold when we decide to possibly take anothers life by driving drunk. you think that guy thought about killing someone or the consequences to an innocent person by him choosing to drive around shitfaced. it sounds corny, but think before you drink and drive, it might save another great person's life.

RIP BIG NACEO MAYHEM CREW A MODERN KING

i hadnt heard of nace before this post but his work was nice...it seems he was very well liked around the country..alchol is one of the most dangerous things around these days..ecspecially when people cant drink responsibly or learn to give someone there keys..to those people...FUCK YOU THIS IS THE SHIT YOU DO TO PEOPLE...

Originally posted by dukeofyork:

i would dedicate a piece to him, but i dont feel im worthy of it for how short the time is ive been writing...

bump for now..

Do it man, dedicate a peice, do a peice whatever. Everytime Nace is written on something it just shows what an impact he had on the world, the fact that you never met him or whatever just goes to etch that fact in stone. Nace would have loved it to be out benching and see his name roll by no matter who did it...

you know john is benching beside that railroad track in the sky...drop soemthing fresh for him in his memory whether you knew him or not.i just caught some simples behind my house....had to take a moment and just sit with them for a minute...it was like he was sittin right there,the mans work is still so full of energy..truely inspiring.hope we`re makin you proud john,keep benchin up there cause they`re gonna keep coming....

Archived