R.I.P. NACE-MAYHEM/FC/CBS/DF

Guest ASTISM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really know what can be said that hasn’t already been said. Nace was hands down one of the most talented graffiti writers to ever pick up a can. In his ten years as a writer he had accomplished more than all the writers I know put together. Nace truly loved graffiti and trains more than anyone I have ever met.

The Mayhem crew has lost its most valuable member, New Jersey has lost its most dedicated writer, and graffiti has lost one of its most kindhearted genuine people to ever walk the earth. No one who ever met Nace will ever forget him, lets not all forget the stupidity of the act of driving drunk that caused this.

Rest in peace forever brother, you're loved and will be missed more than you could ever have imagined.

All graffiti aside, a friend was lost. I just met him on Friday and I cant believe he is gone, my heart goes out to all his friends, ones I have known and ones I have just met. I know exactly what it is like to lose someone so close to you, exactly a year ago the night of his death my best friend passed in a drunk driving accident. It takes time to heal, and even then there is still an empty space. I wasn’t sure that the people who I wanted to see this are going to see this but now I know they will.... soon enough I will be there for you guys. Keep your heads up, think about the time spent with him and remember the memories, don’t dwell on the fact he won’t be there, it makes it harder.

Rest In Peace NACE

to start off, respect to nace. In all honesty i never liked his graffiti, BUT, I completely respected it for being original AND evolving. very few writers these days are doing anything new and nace definately had his own thing going on. Innovation is the key regardless of (opinion of) style. heres to hoping this backwards world is a better place once you get to leave it.

safe journeys to nace.

AND TO ANYONE WHO READ THIS AND DIDNT THINK TWICE PLEASE DO..............

""ok, just to clear up some of the rumors and misinformation going around:

the accident happened last nite around 7pm. ****, Nace, **** and ****** (from ***** *******) were driving around Cincinnati (not going home), getting flicks of the walls other damage left after scribble. The driver of the van crossed the median and hit ****'s car head on. It is a miracle three people survived. The intoxication of the other driver has not yet been determined! The cops are investigating. **** is now in stable condition with a fractured skull. **** is also ok with a few broken ribbs and a bruised lung. **** is also doing ok with a bruised hip, a few ribbs and leg. Nace died in the hospital late last night. John was a good guy and my heart goes out to his family and Karla, his girlfriend. thats what happened. RIP, john, you'll be missed!""

WHAT WE DO IS ILLEGAL. !NEVER! FORGET THIS! THERE IS NO REASON TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT WRITERS WERE IN THE CAR AND THEIR SPECIFIC INJURIES. OR EVEN WORSE WHO'S CAR IT WAS. REMEMBER THIS IS A SECRET SOCIETY HATED BY MANY OUR ENEMIES ARE NUMEROUS. EVEN WHEN DEALING WITH THE DEATH OF A FELLOW SOLDIER KEEP YOUR GUARD UP. THINK TWICE. PEOPLE READ THIS SHIT. (i know that some boards have webmasters that edit mesages with too much information how about this site?)

-jerk182

i had the pleassure of painting with him at "scribble jam "and on another wall the next day .witch i think was his last piece .

we flew out to cincinatti to paint. the hospitality the east coast writers gave us was unmeasurable . i got a chance to paint with him and talk with him he was a real cool cat showed us alot of love .

rip jon and i hope scream nesm kern are alright nace was truly a creative inovative guy. my heart goes out to his friends and family... steven bashers conspieracy theory.

Guest painted black

nace has been around for almost as long as i've known about graffiti in the northeast. everyone knows nace, everyone can recognize a nace piece without looking twice yet you still do..

this just shows how upside down and ass backwards the world is. to see a dedicated straight edge kid with a good head on his shoulders and a love for something fall as the result of one loser's mistake. nace crushed and nace won't even need dedications and shouts to live on forever because he's done so much himself. nevertheless we will throw nace up, just as an honor. after this i'm heading out to go paint, and it's fucked up that i can still go out and put nace up but he can't ever do it himself again. it shows how lucky the rest of us are...and how precious these times can be.

kern, i hope you have a speedy recovery bro. i wish we could have rocked again before i left. and a speedy recovery to nesm, and scream. and condolences to the mayhem network, nace's family, and friends.

r.i.p. to all the writers who have passed.

-YORS

It's great to see how many others have been blessed by Nace's presence. The support of other writers has been the only thing that has let people like mysef Chip and Okae threw this situation and we all thank everyone like Lead Vizy Rapes and everyone else who has supported us and kept us from going on a killing spree.

Eatitupasshole will be dedicating the next issue intirly to Nace. I feel this is the only thing we can do to even start to come close to showing our appreciation for our best friend and painting partner for the past 6 or 7 years. I welcome everyone who has stories about Nace or comments about him to email me at eiuamag@hotmail.com.

Please write Nace in the subject line and leave your name at the end of the email and I will use all the quotes and comments in the next issue. If anyone is not on our mailing list already send another email with "mailing list" in the subject line.

Thanks again to everyone out there and take this situation to realize how short our time on this planet is and how much we take for granted the people we love everyday, because it's pretty easy to forget untill there not here tomorrow.

------------------

eatitupasshole magazine http://www.eiua.homestead.com/

Guest Aroe*ones

Unbelievable..i guess amother case of the good dieing young.This has been a really bad year for the graff community,condolensces go out to Nace's whole fam.His prescence will always be felt in this culture and his work will of course live on forever.Rest in Peace to all the fallen writers..Speck btc,Hec ufc,Child,Sope Ba.Get well soon to my good friend KERN and the rest of the victims.

Originally posted by NewaMayhemEnd:

Eatitupasshole will be dedicating the next issue intirly to Nace. I feel this is the only thing we can do to even start to come close to showing our appreciation for our best friend and painting partner for the past 6 or 7 years. I welcome everyone who has stories about Nace or comments about him to email me at eiuamag@hotmail.com.

I think this is a great way to remember him. I never new Nace, but his work was(is) a great inspiration to me, and he has always been one of those writers whose work I will go out of my way to photograph if I happen upon it. His loss is a huge blow to the community, and I'm sure that for those who knew him it must hurt a thousand times more.

Since his work and memory needs to live on, I decided to put together all my flix of him on a little tribute page. Its not much, but I feel I need to do somthing....

http://www.jumex.org/~nbf/nace.html

Love & Hope to all those who knew him...stay strong.

Seriously I have tears about to come to my eyes. No joke man. WHYYYY! MAN!!! frown.gif

RIP NACE: You were loved by all.

Song to be played right now! And I'am playing it...

Styx- Come Sail Away

[This message has been edited by EL MASKO (edited 08-14-2001).]

RIP to a king and a friend. im glad those who were present at the time of his passing were there for each other. it was hard times but we all helped each other pull through. my heart goes out to chip and newa. its one "grade A gent" that will be missed greatly NACEO MAYHEM FOREVER

Guest freddy kreuger
Originally posted by big-ass-worms:

NACE

-- He was THE writer's writer.

no question.

completely original style.

unparalleled can control/cleanliness.

colors.

got up propper.

...definately the writer's writer.

RIP NACE.

what cam i say about john that hasn't already been said 2000 times over .he was a close and dear friend and crew member that i have known for a very long time .i was in shock that john's group and myself left the same time and ten minutes after seeing him he was gone .it has been a very long and hard weekend for everyone of us that was on the scene and across the globe .he was the defenition of the artform and a great person all around . my heart goes out to his whole family,and to all his friends,this is truly this worst thing that i can think of...kern . scream ..and nesm just stay strong we ar eall here for you guys .... john you will live forever in all of our hearts ..you were a true friend and you know we all love you ........... rapes df att

words cannot express how sad i feel about this...i will forever miss you john.my deepest regards to karla,mr. and mrs.zimkus,danny,and len.you were a great partner,and an even better friend.we love you,and will never forget the mark you left on our lives.thanks to everyone for their words of support....nesm,scream,and kern stay strong .....you are all in our thoughts.the entire mayhem family keep nace's name alive,and i know all his friends around the globe will do the same........r.i.power....naceo.

rip to a friend to many, and a inspiration to so many more. Nace, a frieght king, a style innovator, and a wonderful example of a true graffiti writer, you will be missed by all real writers. condolences to his family and friends, best wishes in getting through this traumatic event.

whyme crew

me and my freinds just did the first of many tribute fr8`s to him.......the least i could do for soemone whos work has influenced me since i was a little kid and watched you do a wall up the street from my house.nace was soemone i always looked up stylisticlly,and then when i got to meet him he was soemone i looked up to as a person also.....even tho i was just starting to become freinds with you i feel liek i lost an older brother.i`ll never forget you john..thank you for everything........................savior..fh crew new jersey

I didn't know Nace, but got the chance to meet him and give respect to the piece he was doing. A very nice guy. All my respects and condolences go out to his family and friends. To all those involved please recover as soon as possible, we don't need to have two tragedies out of this.

peace love respect.

I have always thought that a guy like John was gonna end up married, with kids, and living the American lifestyle in Jersey till

he would be old and gray. I always felt safe around him. Anyone that knew John knew

how organized and practical he was. John took good care of himself and the people around him. He helped me through a lot and put up with my shifting personality for a long time.

John was the youngest guy I knew that steadily wore a fadora (those grandpa hats). I'll remember his green soccer shirt that he wore everytime he painted. And I'll never forget the way he would say "really" after everytime you told him something.

I met Nace in 96' while I was painting one of the first walls I ever painted in Jersey. I didnt know anything about Jersey or the writers it had... I came over here from New York and figured that my writing career was over.

John rolled up and I said whats up and asked if he writes.. He said that he writes "a little bit" and that he writes Nace. He was kinda being sarcastic.. but I never really heard of him. I wasn't up on magazines and didn't know much except what I saw on the street or in video's.

I was eager to hook up with someone out here and gave him my number. Long story-short the shit I'm doing now wouldn't be as good If I didn't have him as a painting partner during those couple of years.

I never cleaned my pieces, or really even put 3-d's on em till I started painting with him... I learned about one colored fills for cleaning and doing forcefields after your main outline. he helped me come a long way in a short period of time.

We took some never to forget graffiti trips, and experienced shit that is not to be said (Newark).

He's the reason why I became a vegetarian and droppred like 30 lbs. Never met someone that didn't eat meat before.

I remember how he bugged out once when i grabbed a pork chop from kitchen table and jumped in his car with it.. He was covering his nose and was like "aaah dude,, get rid of that!" I thought he was silly about that at first, but he got me hooked and I still dont eat the shit.

After John Zimkus there is "Nace". Where there is now a "was" there is an "is". The idea or the work of Nace is not past tense... It is present and on-going... Nace is' IS how we should say. The guys done too much for us to see, for us to make it all as done. His art is present and on-going through you! You are the ones that carry on his name and his ideas... keeping this man alive.

Nace is an innovator. He is formatted in his work and all is down to a science.. Nace's technical style, past the lettering alone took on other shapes and ideas. Nace's work is alive and on the surfaces of some of the most hardest to do areas. The quality is there and the inspiration is up to you. Countless memories with this guy... I will never forget John Zimkus...

my next 50 pieces will be in your name.

Archived