R.I.P. NACE-MAYHEM/FC/CBS/DF

Guest ASTISM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just some personal thoughts...

when I first started writing a couple of years ago I was horrible (I'm still not good) but back then it was atrocious and I was very intent on improving but I couldn't help feel bad when my shit tag hit the wall...one day I hit a low I was really sad that I sucked but I pressed on with my friend to this spot along the amtrack in North Bergen NJ people in NJ know the spot I'm sure the entire mayhem crew is up there with full color pieces its hard to find and once found hard to get to (risk of train slaughter) anyway the point of my story is I saw this nace piece and at the time had no clue who he was... it was "the" inspiration that has kept me writing till today I saw his work and said to myself "that is how I want my stuff to look" simply awe inspiring to a new jack sucker to see a full colr nace piece all the cut perfect lines in a wonderful symetric design...and you cant even get your tag to look right! any way just some food for thought...rip nace, style master.

retard.

Guest KARD like WOE

well i cant say i knew nace or i evern saw much of his work.. but man oh man.. his boys sure did do a hell of a job puttin his name up .. trip to new york nace was on every wall almost . and i look through his shit.. he was a monster... restin peace...

The piece he did at Scribble 2001, was capped the following morning, by some angry redneck building renters who hold a stall in the building on which the Scribble Jam painted. It was not however his last piece. He did 4 to follow Scribble - 3 fr8s and a wall in downtown Cincinati. The wall, and one of the fr8s have already been posted in this column, but I have no scanner, and am unable to scan the other 2 fr8s he did to follow. One day hopefully...

Rest in peace John. Thinkin about you alot bro. C u soon

okay..i know it should have been done sooner...

but i'm working on a nace tribute site...which will be at www.naceoforever.com

i've already spoke to newa about hooking up flix..but this is an open call to all of you to contribute something...

i have alot of flix of stuff that i've done with john from 94 - 97...but he did so much after 97 that i don't have..and while i'm sure newa has much stuff...anyone who wants to contribute flix can...there's alot of dope stuff in this thread here, but i don't want to jack the flix...so hopefully whoever owns them will be down to share them...

i'll be setting up an upload directory on the server once all the hosting issues are settled, which should be within a few days.....i'm also gonna build an interface to do web based uploads to keep it as simple as possible for everyone...

if you're interested in contributing flix...drop me a line at enue@elimin8.net

i'll give you the login/pass for the upload area...

peace

thanks man..but i wish you didn't feel you had to thank me..

i wish i didn't have to do this at all...

and i wish i could still troop out on any highway in jersey and expect to

see some new nace stuff...even tho i kinda stopped painting totally after

i stopped painting with nace, i always keep a look out for graf...i just happen

to focus my energy on design, more so than painting..which is something i wanna definitely want to change..just gotta start scopin out more freight spots that aren't burnt...

the site is something i feel i owe john...at least to keep his memory alive...and it's not just me that's doing it...newa is also gonna help out with the flix, as well as many others i hope...i don't really want to take any credit for the site at all..it's not for me..it's for nace..

i learned alot about what i know about graf...from him...

i've used alot about what i know from graf and applied it to design, which

i happen to do for a living...so i guess i owe him a big part of what makes me me...know what i mean...

this is the least i can do for an old friend...

enue

I know exactly what you mean by that but still it isn't thanks as much as appreciation...anything I can do to help with it I will do I know web design to an extent and I am good with computers as well as the fact that I live in jersey as well so flickwise I am good too I need to get them on the comp however...

retard

Originally posted by enueone

engines...

8.jpg

...along the way...kaws finds a turtle..so he picks up the turtle and brings it with him...after kaws finished his joint...he left the turtle on the platform of the engine with a can of yellow (color of his fill)

A turtle...I would have kept it. :lol:

Dope to see u again Sucio - yeah, I'm getting there man. I ran for my first time 2 nites ago, since the accident - I wasn't hellishly fast, but I can feel the rest of that power getting back there finally.

Nesm's still in a fair bit of pain, and has permanent hearing loss in his right ear. He's painted only a couple of pieces since the accident, the first of which was in December, but his shoulders are still causing him a fair amount of discomfort.

Glad 2 know u're round and I'll mail u within the next couple of days, as I got 4 days work, and need the cash, so I can get back over there ASAP, and get that trip back on that that drunken bastard took from me. I WILL see u soon bro, and will mail u soon too. Missin u Met and all the other Ohio boys. Hope all's well Chip and Newa - mail me if u guys r doin anything!

Peace to you all!

RIP Naceo

Quick funny story. So I am sitting in a job interview the other day all decked out in a suit and tie with my hair all gelled up thinking how funny it was that a few days before I was sneeking around on the train tracks painting, and now here I am all professional looking. So I am waiting to go into the interview and I look down at the brocures on the table and they all say NACE in the lower right hand corner. I was short for National Association of Colegic Employers. I could not help but to crack a smile. It made me feel much more at home........bump bump..

Archived