R.I.P. NACE-MAYHEM/FC/CBS/DF

Guest ASTISM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rest in peace my brother,you are dearly missed....hopefully we can handle biz again someday.you put me up on alot of things i will never forget....the misfits,freights,falafels,sxe lifestyle,and so much more...things that are all huge parts of my humble days.i fell truly blessed to have had called you a friend,and crew mate.jersey will never be the same for me...... and now i'll let okae have his say..............words can hardley express how i feel. Although I didnt know you that long the time I did spend with you will be imbeded in my mind for the rest of my life. From the second I met you, you made me feel like family. I will cherish the time I spent with you and the fam in jersey. It was a true honor to have painted with. You are a true king. You were and always will be my hero.Your dedication and style are an inspiration to us all. the world was blessed to have you. I truley feel for your family and friends. Dont worry the things we disscused when we were in cinncinati will still be done, like every thing else in your loving honor. these words feel so cheap.Why you.. Only the good die young. Back to the top for king Naceo, you will live in uor hearts forever.

Just got back to the country after two months away and this is what I hear....FUCK....

Mad respect to all the fallen writers.

Rest In Paint

Mr. Nace DF

If there aint graffiti in heaven.....

Also, again....

Rest In Power to my boy, Mike Dream TDK

Still reppin' the bay for you man.

----------------Big Ups-----------------

DREAM, Tie, Rob One, Ayer, Spek, Nace

------------------

------Nero1------

Cali Young Lords

Cause I'm Free

[This message has been edited by Nero1 (edited 08-29-2001).]

the last 8 or so of my freights have all been in NACE's honor and because i'm an internet junky like many of you guys...i figured i'd give up my 500th post to KING NACEO. i've been on this board for a while and there's no better way to pop the elite cherry but to do so in this thread. nace, your dedication to painting your name time after time will continue to inspire me for the rest of my own precious life. thank you for doing what you had to do to survive and thanks for sharing all that you shared. i appreciate it.

to King NACEO we toast...

that in progress shot is a tough one to swallow. on one hand i'm really happy to see the guy doing what he loved. he looks like he's just chillin there with the hat on and shit. kicking jokes i'm sure but it's saddening to know that's the last time i'll see him like that. i'd just never would've thought.

big bump man for putting me on gloss black rusto and not even knowing it.

To all of the writers that have been posting messages, I would like to say thank you. It's sometimes tough reading your messages but it's also comforting at the same time. It's nice to know that John was appreciated both as a writer and as a person. He was something special, not only to my family and I but also to the graff community. Art is a beauty, one that the artist can only understand and those who admire it. Myself an admirer, not only of John's but of others as well. Sometimes you guys don't get the cred. you deserve but hopefully one day you will, and if not fuck em'. I can't stop thinking about him; the endless niights of him flicking through pictures as if he's seen nothing like it before. It could have been ones that he's seen a dozen times over. It didn't matter. I guess that's what you call passion. Something you truly put your heart and soul into. John wasn't a drug abuser or meat eater. The only addiction he had was his art and he couldn't stop. That i admire. His life on earth was cut short but I guess God had other intentions. He reached a peak, but I'm sure he would have created numerous amounts of other color schemes and ideas for lettering. Now he's just climbing to reach other peaks. John, I miss you with all of my heart. It's unexplainable. Words can't describe it, I only hope we meet again. maybe I'll pick you up at the train yard when I get there. After you've completed another magical piece for all to witness. Love you always and forever, Danny.

Well said. Was he at his peak or not, I am not sure. He will be missed always. John had been a great inspiration to all of NJ. Sometimes it is good when people leave us when they do, even though we dont want them to leave. He will be remembered in a great way, leaving us treasures that we can see for who knows how long. It is unfortunate, but sometimes it takes things like this to realize how important someone is to us. He has been an important role in most if not all of our lives. Will things ever be the same? RIP, why?

I was at Dave's house last night and Damon asked if you were in heaven. It made me remember how much you affected not only the Graff world but how much you affected everyone peroson, big or small, who met you. It was the craziest feeling that a child brought up inside me. Reminding me of the first time I met you. And the times we would chill and talk about music or whatever. And then as I went over the memories I had of you. It came to remember seeing the night before you passed. Seeing you smiling as I left the house and said good-bye. Not knowing that it was the last time. I miss you Jon.

i had a dream last nite that i saw something like 8 wholecars that john did. most of them were married couples and more than half i'd never seen flix of before. it seemed so real and vivid that i almost posted them in trainspotting. they were all boxcars. all done with cans. i woke up with the weirdest feeling afterward. i dunno. i just felt like sharing that.

rip in piece man. your still running strong out here. on the rails and in our minds

Archived