Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some misc caps and what not

P3060749.jpg

I hate how easy these fall off. It seems like every time i go through the crates of labeled tops, there's a new one laying at the bottom.

A picture I have never seen was attached some how, how do I get rid of this, and why is it here?

It's just a glitch with 12oz that's been a real pain to work out. We just have to deal with it for the time being.

I hate how easy these fall off. It seems like every time i go through the crates of labeled tops, there's a new one laying at the bottom.

I end up taking them and putting them under the cap for safe keeping. If I find them with no label they become users....

so going through my stash of user cans, it was an old krylon bin. I had no lids on them and no caps in the valve. They were all on their sides,more n the bin that way. Alot of the valves seem like they have dried up shit in them..........they are mostly scraps etc but I still want to use them.Any tricks to getting these back in order....or am I fucked?

Shake the shit out of them, put on a WD40 style cap(the type you would put the hose into the nozzle) and try and spray them for a few secs. This will usually get the dried up paint out of the inner tube if it won't spray you are fucked... Good luck...

If all else fails, clean off the valve as good as possible and bring a pair of adjustable pliers with you when you paint. Crimp the valve with pliers (facing away from you and towards the wall) and blast away. You won't get anything resembling pretty, and you'll have whatever colors you're using all over everything, but at least you can get the majority of the paint on the wall in generally the right place.

i have a fuschia can in this brand i think i got it in an arts and crafts store in lincoln nebraska. any background on these?

ok - these are garbage - - interior decorators use them to ad color to fake flowers and stuff like that. my boy and I racked mad cans a while back - most of them were those 'designs' cans. that means they are mostly water -- if your going to use them shake them up - do a coat of pant, let dry then try another coat. they drip a lot, but i find that the black cans are very opaque - - goodluck

Another thing to possibly try is to pour some mineral spirits into a little bin or cup and put the cans valve down into them to soften up the solvents. Could work.

On a side note, I posted about some Chase/Champion paint a few pages back. It was their ultra enamel line they just released. I ordered some to try out (at a whopping $7/can), and it was ridiculously thick. Only drawback was that it uses male valves - and not the type that I have caps for.

Archived