Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

Benny's is junk. It's a strange department store chain on the east coast that seems to focus mainly on hardware and automotive products, though you can buy flannel pajamas and a six pack of cola along with your torque wrench and snow tires. In CT, they were mainly located in the shoreline towns. They have what seems to be a house brand of paint called "Majic", which I've only seem there. It's second-tier paint somewhere between the big name brands and $1 cans. They sell some Rusto colors that are a little harder to find, namely the outdoor decor colors, but I'd only stop at Benny's for paint if i was in a tough spot and that was the only store nearby. For some reason every time I walked into a Benny's I got depressed.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is great. i dig collecting, i was born in 1990's so gotta dig b4 my time.. but whats good with Zynolyte?? none of those cans on here? unless those r considered shit? i have some old zynolyte and it sprayed nice, polyurethane satin can.. havent tried the epoxy rust mate yet. ill post flicks

Majic was not limited to Benny's, it was also sold at several other discount home stores, National Liquidators and some dollar stores also carried it.

I always thought National Liquidators was an oddlots store, where they get closeouts from stores going out of business and such? Either way, Majic is pretty bad in my experience.

That ink you sent me rules, btw.

Yeah, they have a website, apparently dollar store market stores and closeout fix up stores are their target market. In a way they're a lot like Champion, who by the way appear to use the same paint packaging company as that new Plutonium G line. Champion just put out a paint that has all the same "qualities" as the PG line, mold reducing formula, pleasantly scented, 360 degree valve, same dildo shaped can, similar colors and $7 each. Here's a link if anyone is interested (which I doubt): link

IMG_0218.jpg

the 2 on the left are pretty old i got cases of bothe and just a few of the 2 on the right since they arent so old but kinda cool.

IMG_0219.jpg

got quite a few of these today pretty sweet i wish they had some actual rusto spray paint like these but oh well better than nothing.

i also picked up mad 90's krylons a bunch of good colors. and some nice older aa and pt cans as well.

i have plenty of the avocado rusto quart buckets to trade if anyone wants any. and all the cans in the pics i have multiples of if yall want to trade for any as well. pm me if you are down i am looking to trade for old rusto and krylons or wet paint wet look cans.

Archived