Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

Yeah, just got a couple cans of that Orange from my brother who had worked at a recycle place over the summer. People are still bringing in collector cans from time to time too.

I have a small stash of Indian Spice, somehow I never used it all. I think it may be my all time favorite color.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love both Indian Spice and Autumn Gold, but I've noticed lately that those old AA cans take forever to dry and have gotten kinda runny. I don't recall them being that way in the mid 90's. They behave a lot more like Rusto than the current cans do.

I did this wall a few months ago in a head shop with a fade up from Indian Spice, Autumn Gold and Honey. Honey is such a good color.

^ Fuuuck... that's a juicy flick!

It's juicier if you can see what they were charging for those!

Longtime fan of both colors.

Honey is the user can version of autumn gold, if you're saving your last autumn gold. Well, almost.

I did salt away one each of those old rim can Accents, I think the full series but maybe I missed a couple.

Yesterday i used some Ultra Flat Black Borden Krylon for a wall...

Man that was so fuckin FLAT when it came out! But on the can, when it was leaking. On the wall it wasn't that flat, maybe the 20 years have made their chemistrial effect.

I had a lot of problems to make them spray. I had to put a nail instead of a cap and use them as an extinguisher! But when i managed to make them spray, it was really cool, a really different way to spray than euro cans.

You gotta remember that when the kids get older that came up using that shit, that i what they will want to have collections of.... I wish I would have stacked Indian Spice myself but when I'd find it I'd trade it for old paint to guys that wanted it to use it...

EPMD get at me i'm sitting on a small stash i can afford to lose a few

autumn gold is also a sweet color

the grape american accents is butters too

Anyone tried Design Master paints from AC Moore or Michaels? Never tried it myself, altho' the colors look fresh as f**k. Bored, so left work to go and clock paint and came across 'Loganberry' for 3- a can on closeout. Had to pick some up as I'd never heard of another brand with Loganberry other than the vintage Sears line. Anyway, dope colors...

Straight from the European Historic Krylon Importator Big Boss Desk:

P1010085.jpg

He told me a lot of stories about european spray paint can market. They started importating Krylons back in 1965, and created SEDPA just for this. They were exclusive distributors for 30-35 years, and after that Krylon was too lazy, and didn't made any effort about european market.

He told me he had visited Norrisville PA factory one time...

They throw away all the documentation and old stuff ten years ago,:o

But i've managed to find some 91 UFBs and Safety Yellows.

He also told me that European Sparvar stole the US name, cause it wasn't protected in Europe, they stole the name, the 5 balls, and made their own brand.

He also told me that European Sparvar stole the US name, cause it wasn't protected in Europe, they stole the name, the 5 balls, and made their own brand.

This is a great piece of info that I never heard. Always wondered about that, and it makes sense. Nice to see some one out there doing their home work. That would mean some of the old krylons you have, along with the key chains were some of the first imported...

That is highly possible. 1965, there weren't alot of brands in France, maybe two or three, like Edel, Bersol(Auto-raccord, Hit Color) and Herpé(Altona).

It's really hard to find cans older than late 60's, and to find any infos on them.

He also told me that in 1969, at the Cologne Annual Hardware Convention(something like that), the Dupli-color guy saw that the Krylons on the SEDPA stand weren't empty ones, and he called the firemen, so the SEDPA had to take their cans back...little stories like that.

Big Money Spray Paint War!

Archived