Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 5:00 Shadow

ebay

everyone is guilty of copping cans off e-bay from time to time,no big deal i do it also, but i really believe that the art digging is being overlooked by a couple of rich kids who can afford to buy collections... where is the art in that... that means that any fuckface w/ a credit card can buy a collection, or for that matter mommy and daddy could buy one for them... this doesn't go for all of y'all, (actually far from it) but remember tearing thru packs of baseball cards trng to find griffey jr. rookies, or even clemente's and shit, all u could afford was like maybe 2-3 packs a week but their was always that little fucker whose mommy and daddy went out and just straight up bought him that card that you spent your whole years allowance and pay from odd jobs on rippingup packs for that bitch... the day you found it u were in 7th heaven and the value u put on it was far more than anything the beckett price guide said... have fun w/ this shit... go dig get creative and trade up...don't be that little rich kid... i am gonna go bid now...peace... and please dont confuse what i'm saying ebay is dope but give shit a try before u give up and buy it...whatevers dont mind me i am just ranting probably cause i am a broke fuck who cant afford e-bay's astronomical prices... but i am glad cause when i get a dope can i value it more... peace out fellas!!!!!!!

Guest illwill

i know that this question has been asked before, i dont think its ever been answered though. pricing? i know its all based on how much the person likes that can, but can you guys give me somewhat of a round about idea of prices?

bro don't even try i used to wonder about that also... but you answered yourself... if u watchmarket trends it seems that scotties are thru the roof but hat happens when all the guys paying hundreds of dollars for them get all they want the price will drop... collect for personal value not monetary... i know explaing this shit to your folks or friends who cant comprehend the collecting of paint cans new and used it is easy to explain thru monetary value cause it easy to grasp... but collect for delph fuck money ... money fucks everything up.... peace

Guest mikro137

i enjoy looking at ebay, but thats it. when i hit the jackpot almost a year ago , that was the best feeling in the world. getting shit when youre on the hunt is 10000 times better than having it handed to you.

• 2 weeks later...

fatugly

thought it would be fair to warn everybody, that kid fatbastard, i mean fatugly, ***** ***** from pittsburg is not to be trusted. hes a fuckin thief. sent him some cans and never got shit. he wouldnt give me his phone# and wouldnt answer my emails. i told him i was posting this, and to give me a reason why i shouldnt. he didnt have shit to say. the proof is in the pudding. peace out, zewlives....................

*no real names, please. -HAL

fuck that

the way you were talkin, your shit was in good shape, they were all fucked up except that lucas...all them cans of krylon were dented and scratched up pretty bad, theres no way im givin you what you asked for, you sent me garbage, they mighta been decent colors, but the cans were mangled, and im not payin 10 bucks to ship your shit back, its a waste of money, you can come pick it up if you want

Re: fuck that

Originally posted by FatUgly

the way you were talkin, your shit was in good shape, they were all fucked up except that lucas...all them cans of krylon were dented and scratched up pretty bad, theres no way im givin you what you asked for, you sent me garbage, they mighta been decent colors, but the cans were mangled, and im not payin 10 bucks to ship your shit back, its a waste of money, you can come pick it up if you want

sounds like a bitch move by a broke ass nigga.i can vouch for the zewman,dude always has come thru for me...no problems...

hey wait isnt fat ugly the same as numberone bastard on ebay?...damn...who ever trades with him,make sure he sends first...what a peice of shit...what a bitch...i hope everyone learned from zews mistake not to do trades with this asshole...

Originally posted by slyle

Hey foot soldier no email get in touch with me, I got shit to trade, what you need?

id be really into trading old cans for new ones..my arsenal is getting low and it could use some refurbushing..

-icy grape

-more pastel aquas

are on my want list too..id ask about mint but even if you had some i wouldnt be able to afford it..haha

give me an idea of whats on your trade list

new colors!

good news, krylon has come out with 48 new colors. i dont think they're with sherwin williams anymore. some of these colors are very close to some discontinued ones.

watermelon=hot pink

hosta leaf=avocado

georgia cay=bonfire

bahama sea=teal blue

ballet slipper=pink pastel

tuscan sunset=brick [cap looks the same as georgia clay, but the color is real close to brick.]

i found them at hobby lobby :dazed:

its just as good as the rest of krylon. they went back to the old style can kinda, they got rid of the box around the 3d balls. it looks alot better. give me a few days and i'll get flics up. if you have hobby lobby where you live go check it out, its the only place i've seen with it. a few cans at wall mart are in the new cans also. i forgot one color, tomatoe looks like sunset orange. keep your eyes peeled at the paint store near you. peace, zewlives...:king:

Guest crack is wack

i too was unlucky at both hobby lobby stops although they say by mid to end of january ALL HOBBY LOBBIES will be fully stocked with the many new krylon products. I know there out there else where (walmart,kmart,micheals...) but they havent made it into my city and im tired of driving so im just gonna wait till the end of january.... shit should be SUPER ill though judging by the color names...

new colors

just a little preview to hold ya over. heres a list of the new colors, i'll be scanning some in next week, you'll have to use your imagination until then. this doesnt include the whisper whites.

grape frost

mimosa

periwinkle

tomatoe

tidepool

sweet cream

bright idea

celery

woven tapestry

fresh salmon

stonewash denim

castle rock

pebbel

glowbal blue

bistro

simply pink

candel light

pamento

classic gray

mountain view

oxford blue

meringue

italian olive

watermelon

ballet slipper

georgia clay

tusken sunset (the cap on this looks the same as georgia clay, but it really looks just like brick)

saddal tan

bahamah sea

hyacinth

hosta leaf

catalina mist

equestrian

greekstone

parfait

some of the colors are satins of the same color but with differnt names.

krylon finally stepped up, maybe we will start collecting the silhouetted 5 balls now, if they change it back... i just hope the paint is thick... SATINS!!!!!!!!!

zew what does mimosa and equestrian look like

these names are off the hook woven tapestry???

tidepool? what do these look like...

celery sounds dope, frost grape (icy grape??), italian olive, watermellon, hyacinth, these all sound dope...

-do y'all think this in response to the demand for foreign paint w/ wide color selection, i mean Krylon has their graffiti hurts campaign and all but they gotta realize that they have a market here maybe they should go for the aerosol art campaign like belton... cant wait for whisper whites also... i am thinking out loud now...peace peace

its all thick

all the colors i used were thick. some of the colors i cant match with the name, i just took a piece of paper in the store and started writing shit down. it was like a system overload, i was flippin out. these are the colors i'll be scannin in, for now anyway.

hosta leaf, tidepool, stonewash denim, tuscan sunset, pamento, grape frost, watermelon, ballet slipper, fresh salmon, mimosa, woven tapestry, bright idea, sweet cream, and meringue.

hopfully they'll fit, its all in one panaramic picture. next time i go to hobby lobby i'll take my camera, and get flics of everything.

lime green

by the way, that smiling visage is pushing a cart full of special order Lime Green Industrial Tremco/Tremclad. It's made with minimal info on the paper labels, specifically for some company that didn't use it. good luck finding it, cause it's cheaper than ANY other kind of Lime and thick as fuck.

OSCAR.. hit me up for trades on that DULL ALUM!

i don't have a camera or i'd post, but i found a wierd can at Grampy's

it's a 6.5 oz can of rusto "stops rust" drippy letters in the circle logo, with "Auto Primer" in fancy letters above the rusto symbol, with "white primer" and the number printed 3 times on the cap. looks kind of old.

and a 5 1/2 oz can of tempo auto paint with a metal cap, paper label.

any idea what i'm talking about?

the hype shit...

Originally posted by OMARNYCAKASW1

decrustosandalwood.jpg

from 1987...

every one of these colors covered. the whole line was a godsend...

redwood,leather brown, sandstone and the rest...

left that got heavy buggers feelin in your nose...

the days before the repirator...

lots of love

rusto forever...

Archived