Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not a collector but i figured you guys could help we with like the dates of when these were made and the company now peace

joe148.jpg

The utilac made by benjamin moore not that old, maybe 80's-90's they kept that can design for awhile. Probably a fan tip if I am right. They made parrot green which was a watery jungle green type color, not a bad substitue for jungle, and usually people are more williing to give up those cans.

The Color creations is a mid 90's most likely 93-94 paint that was distributed at wal mart. My neck of the woods at the time only had one walmart about a half hour away. We would make trips out there just for one color in particular. The whole color creations line was similar to alot of krylon pastels that came out at that time, rose, mauve, jade green color, a dark teal similar to rusto teal, ivory and a few others. There was one color in that line that is one of my favorite all time colors. Cobalt Blue, not the thickest but a real rich blue, with a purple shade to it. At the time I had never seen a color even come close to it by an american company, I am sure some of your yuppie paint has something like that, but at the time it was worth the trip just to pick up that one color. Would post some pics, but fotango is not working and I have yet to sign up for a new picture server. There is pics on contains lead though...

Hey Slyle when are you going to answer my question about sopranoss other names on ebay? You put that out there, it's only right that you back your statements up. Also, it would save us some money from bidding against bid pushers.

If you don't respond with an answer with the other ebay names, I guess it would confirm you as a gossip monger? Thus, stripping you of all credibility.

Hey Slyle since you refused to follow up on your own accusation about Sopranoss. Let's get into some gossip about you and him (for those not in the know). I heard your bitch ass shit a load in your pants at a NJ dump site when he was going to smack your ass up for grabbing a can of paint?

I also heard that you ratted out pj to various officals trying to get him barred from the sites? And according to the story I heard about the dump, it was pj who prevented Sopranoss my breaking you in half? Some payback you bestow upon pj, ratting him out?

Now, the above I'm in the know about. However, as an Ebay bidder I would like to know people's A/K/A's.

Afterall, you put the rumor out there to begin with. Be a man and back up what you represent.

As for my mere "six post" here. I have a life as well as expenses to tend . I don't still live at home with my dad like you.

My pappi used to always say "the truth can never be gossip".

He was a smart man!

Oh yeah, my pops says "keep your mouth shut and your eyes open".

You called it gossip yourself, and considering how many times you said "I heard" then I'm guessing you don't even have first hand knowledge but here you go bumpin gums on the internet.

i came up on a pretty good condition rusto marlin blue a year ago with the inner clear nozzle lid/cap still attatched. then some fucking neanderthal(who was a tag king of the city yet had no idea about anything as graffiti is concerned) opened it and detached the clear cap.

it seemed cool and collectible at the time, but yall's are on some next level stuff.

Hey Smart,

Truth be told, I "heard" it directly from Sopranoss when I sold him the big faces. That was after I asked him about the alledged other Ebay names, since Slyle refuses to follow up on his claims. Therefore, it hardly qualifies as gossip. But why does it appear that you're indirectly defending Slyle, by not call him out on the Sopranoss ebay name(s) allegations? Hmmm....

I was contacted by Sopranoss about the big faces when I posted here that I have them. Before I sold them to Sopranoss I was told to contact pj. Which I did. He declined because he had those cans and they weren't full. Didn't realized they had to be full to be worth something? Anyway, I sure one could email pj, and verify what Sopranoss stated concerning Slyle? How many people does it take to confirm an occurance in order to have it deemed the truth?

Please let us know. Thanks.

I'm not defending anyone, Slyle can fight his own fights where I'm concerned, I don't know dude from Adam. Apparently you've nominated yourself to fight for Sopranoss but I'm just saying that you want to quote some post from at least a year ago and start some ruckus that could be handled through Email or PMs or in person. I don't really care to email PJ and ask about what Sopranoss is saying because, way I feel, if either of them was really bent about it they could be on here saying it themselves. Why do I have to contact all these people to be justified in telling you not to pollute this thread with stuff that you can't prove and are basically a 3rd party to? You might be right but..? Let's just stick to talking about the vintage cans.

what about the few colors rustoleum and painters touch discontinued in like 03/04? before any of the new ones came out?

would those be worth money in like 15 years?

i had a couple not completely full woodsavers, one was a real tight slate blue, but my dad threw them all out when we moved...

the pretty pink that painters touch discontinued a short while ago, i have alot of those still untouched, and one pewter grey (did that get disconinued?) stops rust from 2003.

no really good old stuff though. maybe ill hold on to them for a long time

Archived