Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slyle CMC

Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

man this shit sucks,first 3 weeks ago complete color chart of full never used,indoor found 80's litho dupli color cans ended up in flame at my buddies shop,i have lost around 300 cans in total,lost some 90's aerosol arts with a paper label,ended up with 30 cans which were in my house,they were all in awesome condition,(mix of 80's dupli and 90's aerosol art) and now out of fucking 30 cans 10 leaked out and covered all with some black shit,i thinks its base...fucked up pretty much every can,it was leaking all around the seam..i noticed it cuz whole house was smelling like a paint shop,went thro the 400 cans of new dupli color to see which one is leaking and only one had a small leak. and at the end all what was left to check was a box with old cans,and that shit killed my day. seems like i will be moving new cans out of my house...from all the shits i had and put a years of searching and miles of driving i ended up with 8 old cans,harwest gold fball from HAL,ultra flat black rusto and flatball jade from OG5BALL,abro from wow123 and few duplo colors...i'm done with digging since there is no fucking way you can find a old can here in croatia anymore,called every store.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Store link: capmatchescolor.bigcartel.com/

CMC is proud to officially announce our new line up of vintage spray heads. We spent the last year researching and trial testing these caps to bring you the best product possible. Introducing the CMC Jiffy cap, modeled after the infamous stock cap found on Jifoam oven cleaner, and the CMC Wally cap, modeled after the original stock cap found on Big Wally Wall Washer, the foaming-action household cleaner.

20077131346_52717309c2_z.jpg.8f6b2f2ceec2423d525083e6929a527d.jpg

Store link: capmatchescolor.bigcartel.com/

CMC is proud to officially announce our new line up of vintage spray heads. We spent the last year researching and trial testing these caps to bring you the best product possible. Introducing the CMC Jiffy cap, modeled after the infamous stock cap found on Jifoam oven cleaner, and the CMC Wally cap, modeled after the original stock cap found on Big Wally Wall Washer, the foaming-action household cleaner.

[ATTACH=full]185663[/ATTACH]

Slyle, has anyone made a test vid? here in Croatia we had similar caps to Wally caps on a fly killer spray from 70's,early 80's called "Flok" and they work so good with new euro pains like belton,sabotaz,montana etc etc,they are soft fatcaps but they are also great skinny caps,so crisp and clean,but they had a black dot on the exact same body as cmc's wally's,so i was wondering if they are the same...please link the test if someone did it yet.

Slyle, has anyone made a test vid? here in Croatia we had similar caps to Wally caps on a fly killer spray from 70's,early 80's called "Flok" and they work so good with new euro pains like belton,sabotaz,montana etc etc,they are soft fatcaps but they are also great skinny caps,so crisp and clean,but they had a black dot on the exact same body as cmc's wally's,so i was wondering if they are the same...please link the test if someone did it yet.

We had a short clip on our instagram. That is definatley something we need to put together. If the bodies of the cap are the same they are probably made by same company. The company makes so many styles of caps, they would be similar but might have small differences. Initially we sampled a black body cap, but opted for the white because that is how people in the US remember them.

I just seriously got into collecting old paint this past year considering I have three sources to find old stuff. Some of the stuff you guys have posted are waaaayyy older than the stuff I find, but I do come across come good stuff. Here's some of the stuff I have found this past year.

23860681720_fd6bf51ca3_b.thumb.jpg.65827a47b17dcde2b465dce9c4b8c3c9.jpg

23968685753_db2498482a_b.thumb.jpg.d5d5705f0f0b631a8ac968eaa5fd2a7c.jpg (copyright date is 1988, found in 2016). I have a lot more and will post more if there is life in this thread.

23528084784_9b3aae0c55_b.thumb.jpg.0c9cacc8e0e598259a54dbea2dd9c42d.jpg

23788483859_4d330cca39_b.thumb.jpg.2786847788e076386abb716fb0dfafec.jpg

24156290345_d7a7669123_b.thumb.jpg.37dae1342c62feb2f4d4e50e3dd773b0.jpg

23860605470_cddbbeee84_b.thumb.jpg.48d201298b5d9019e3cbeaba4087f6e5.jpg

24073646951_b2a0d7cf13_b.thumb.jpg.baba5d737d8b2688cef1c7eb3ef614ae.jpg

23529471563_0501eae08e_b.thumb.jpg.467600221d8fe4abed4af92b00c92f6c.jpg

24073647981_37dd67a62b_b.thumb.jpg.6a02369e748f99f88c28f77bf0db9483.jpg

• Like 4

Great to see this thread back up and running, there is a wealth of knowledge in here. Need to go wake up my flickr account!

@Slyle CMC Hell yeah. I think I'm going to stop using IG completely and come back here.

And maybe some new old paint specific threads just to make us feel more relevant...

I just found the same cap on old grffitti remover cans by Klean-Strip.....same body as Wally with black nozzle. I would happily pay a small ransom for a handfull! This cap is what the Wally wishes it was. So soft and buttery and the maddest most consistent HUGE flares. On a can of Krylon it sounds like a euro can....soft like foam. No they definitely are NOT the same. Tested them side by side last night. The Wally has a funky shape where's the black nozzle .......the black nozzle is far superior in every way.

I just found the same cap on old grffitti remover cans by Klean-Strip.....same body as Wally with black nozzle. I would happily pay a small ransom for a handfull! This cap is what the Wally wishes it was. So soft and buttery and the maddest most consistent HUGE flares. On a can of Krylon it sounds like a euro can....soft like foam. No they definitely are NOT the same. Tested them side by side last night. The Wally has a funky shape where's the black nozzle .......the black nozzle is far superior in every way.

What can were you using it on. Every can will react different with every brand. Pressure, Valve, Paint are all factors that may make a cap react different. Our CMC Wally cans work best on old valve krylon, and low pressure "Fancy" paints. Every brand will produce differen

t results.