Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

They just had the one I posted. My homie gripped a few different brands that looked as old and older. I'll flick and post them when I can.

Slightly off topic... What's the hype with Red Devil? I know this spot that has mad Red-Devil but when I tried to use it, it was garbage. I shook them mad long and all but they still suck. Did they dip on their quality at some point?

Originally posted by RATT+Apr 30 2005, 02:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RATT - Apr 30 2005, 02:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Apr 29 2005, 05:19 PM

My bad on the glare, I don't know how to turn off my auto-flash :umm:

Put your finger over it.

[/b]

Oh snap! :haha: :haha:

• 2 weeks later...

im looking for the following name labels:

1. Bright Silver

2. Dull Aluminum

3. Daisy Yellow

4. Erin Green

5. Scarlet

i got stuff to trade, let me know, as far as the name calling, people that know me can vouch for me, i get tracking on all my packages from now on, just to avoid anymore 3 dollar beefs. take care folks...

If you want to paint with yellow, You've got a few options.

1. Rustoleum makes a couple of nice, thick yellows, but without a lot of variety.

2. Spring for some euro paint.

3. Start digging for some old Borden Krylon. Half the old shit I dig up is for painting with- pastel yellow and chrome yellow are two of my favorites. They used to be able to make paint way thicker and brighter, so a lot of old Bordens cover like rustoleum.

I still have chrome and pastel yellow bordens in my basement. I dont recall them covering like rusto at all. Yeah, maybe better than maize, or any of those new horrible yellows they have, but rusto? no sir. I've used a few old yellows and none of them are really -good-. Old Derusto Epoxy Canary Yellow, Duplicolor yellow-orange or bright yellow(i think that was what it was called....), Rusto lemon yellow, etc. etc. etc., all arent that good at all. I'm assuming it has mostly to do with lead and the ochre/pigment that yellow needs to be nice and thick. But I probably have really high standards of -good-, If it doesnt outline nice and opaque in one coat, its eh.

I'm not sure what ulovetohateme wants to use yellow for, if its bombing, pretty much any rusto yellow is going to get the job done - Stops Rust! Sunburst yellow, AA Summer Squash, Buttercup, Maple Sugar, or PT Sun Yellow. If you're using those colors to fill a piece with, you're looking at doing a couple coats to make sure its solid. If you're trying to get a nice clean outline on a piece, its pretty much euro-yellows, although a lot of those arent the greatest either(Montana light yellow for instance, could be thicker in my opinion.) I think it also depends on the shade of yellow, a pure yellow is probably going to be thinner than something thats a pukier/greener shade, or a more pastel shade.

i got a 92 derusto beige today.. not really a cause for celebration but it was a free can and it gets tossed into the vault.. those pineapples on ebay are pretty wild

digging those big faces coffie crave - does anyone know if that coral pink was ever in spray paint form ?

Yes there is coral pink...thanks joe

eba00226452f00000102.jpg

Speaking of pineapple yellow, If anyone is interested in buying a notch top, I got the hook up on one, not mint condition, but unused...also for sale a Jungle Green Notch Top, a full 68 mint green, Delta Blue Supreme Quality Red Devil Full and Mint...let me know if anyone is interested need some loot at this time...

Originally posted by ulovetohateme@May 16 2005, 03:20 AM

yo i don't really collect cans, but i just wanted to ask for some advice on yellows, they all seem to be runny and kinda translucent. tryin to figure out what to use...

The only good yellows I know of is American Accents "Summer Squash", and a few other yellows by American Accents that I forget the name but they're all good money.

Originally posted by slyle@May 21 2005, 08:34 PM

Yes there is coral pink...thanks joe

eba00226452f00000102.jpg

Speaking of pineapple yellow, If anyone is interested in buying a notch top, I got the hook up on one, not mint condition, but unused...also for sale a Jungle Green Notch Top, a full 68 mint green, Delta Blue Supreme Quality Red Devil Full and Mint...let me know if anyone is interested need some loot at this time...

wow!! thats a killer can slyle

whats up with that pineapple...

I was wondering if some one with any knowledge about rustoleum can help me. I was wondering what my cans may be worth. I have a Dunes Tan from 1967 it appears. It is full and in great shape. Today I picked up 2 cans or Almond Rusto they are full and it decent shape. I also have leather brown all of those appear to be from the late 80's. Anyone know what each can might be worth? thanks for your help