Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Sorry, I have to pull Juca's card here. Get him a shipping price and he or his girl will tell you it's too much. Do him a favor and it's thankless. Sorry, but he has blown me off 3 times already. Not worth wasting your time emailing. Nuff said.

oky.

Whisper whites were dollar store finds for a while a few years ago ... decent paint not really old or vintage by any means.

by no means was i sayign they were vintage or anything like it. i just never knew those cans were ever made. we just didnt have em around here. im just workign on getting every color on that chart just to have a set put aside and it swould be nice to have those.

Mayco and barker are two cans I never seen. Who made them?

The barkers used to be a hardware store i think, says "manufactured exclusively for Barkers in Bronx NYC"

and the mayco im not sure about you guys are prolly right....plasi kote

whisper whites have been discussed here a few times, BIGMETAL has some good thoughts on em. used a few, nothing amazing, but hardly went for them when i saw them.

i'm sure people say Krylon makes a lot of different brands, when it's more likely that a brand is produced by somewhere under the (huge) SWP umbrella. saying it's made by Krylon is a good way to sell the product.

speaking of which, I'm somewhat surprised to see a SWP Red Devil chart. i know that some chain stores sometime have current-ish Red Devil stock, but I really would have thought that SWP would have done away with this brand by now. no one wants to see Red Devil as a viable paint still in production more than I, but it's been the pattern with SWP to horizontally acquire a company and then shut it down... see IllBronze, Nybco, etc. I basically figured that unless they'd kill it off, SWP would make Red Devil their bargain brand for store chains, kinda like what RPM/Rusto did with Derusto.

took this rainny day for digging with my girlfriend,found old aerosol art's (Made by Vogelsang,not Motip),paper labels name on the can,full.

23r1tg4.jpg

20shjiq.jpg

2w4n49u.jpg

Vogi logo

1qmhll.jpg

and 150 ml vogi babies ( took only 2,but dude got whole color chart on in the store ^^)

2znwtfp.jpg

• Like 1