Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two on the far right are most likely late 50's early 60's because they do not include the warning you see on the later cans(not to mention the style of car is from that era). The Dupli-coor spray enamel and the one finger "it's so easy" design is great. Only thing that would make it seam easeir is if a house wife was doing it......

The two on the far right are most likely late 50's early 60's because they do not include the warning you see on the later cans(not to mention the style of car is from that era). The Dupli-coor spray enamel and the one finger "it's so easy" design is great. Only thing that would make it seam easeir is if a house wife was doing it......

they are all litho labels or paper labels too??

they are fucking dope!!!! if i ever finish my collection (german 80's-90's) dupli colors next collection will be us dupli touch up's,they are metal tops right? how rare they are now? and how old?

Woooaaah that one on the far right, never seen before, super-dope design!!!

Juca, good luck for completing a Dupli collection...There are so many different cans for the 80's, i don't even talk about the 90's...And i don't even talk about different colors!

Woooaaah that one on the far right, never seen before, super-dope design!!!

Juca, good luck for completing a Dupli collection...There are so many different cans for the 80's, i don't even talk about the 90's...And i don't even talk about different colors!

my 1. goal is to complete this type of cans

qozvdh.jpg

i dont even know how many color they used to have since i dont have color chart or any other info.. so TOP you think that it will be hard?

my 1. goal is to complete this type of cans

qozvdh.jpg

i dont even know how many color they used to have since i dont have color chart or any other info.. so TOP you think that it will be hard?

Coming across those in stores is almost impossible, for my part of Europe in any case...But i think there must be like 30 or 40 colors for this type of Dupli, a regular chart in fact.

Yeah, all metal tops and all litho. the two older styles have fat seems too.

I'm after a 13oz with the same design as the far right... those are such tight cans!

Jib I think I might have them.

Wondering if anyone else has had any luck with craigslist....this is only the second score in the past couple years I have gotten from it. Finally breaking a long winter dry spell I have had with cans...

5443004911_1efefe345d.jpg

Jib I think I might have them.

Wondering if anyone else has had any luck with craigslist....this is only the second score in the past couple years I have gotten from it. Finally breaking a long winter dry spell I have had with cans...

j deer is dope!

I can see re-gluing labels and "new color" stickers on, but once you're printing new shit, it seems like people might as well just print out an entire line of Big Face paper labels and wrap them around wai-mart cans to put on their shelves.

I agree 100%!!! I mean if you do it for yourself thats fine but what's fucked up is when those cans start getting into circulation it fucks everything up just like Slyle said about cans with the wrong tops on them, its the same thing and when they start making the rounds and getting into circulation it fucks up the whole integrity of it IMO...

IMG01028-20110212-1513.jpg

Whats the sticker on that Yellow flat ball SWP???

It says VOC Compliant Formula and in small print I believe it says something about California but I'd have to pull a can out of storage and verify that... These were stickers that were on cans in CA because we were the first state to have the VOC compliant Law go into effect and we were the first state to get the Sherwin Williams Krylon cans because it was the VOC compliant formula. The reason it's so hard to find cans in a store in CA is because when they passed this law any store that did not have VOC compliant paint on their shelves could be fined something like $10,000-$20,000. The Borden Krylons literially came off store shelves in Cali overnight. We were pissed because the Sherwin cans were so much more watery then the Borden cans we were used to painting with.

Fucking juicy!! Awesome score. No Craigslist scores for a while, mostly since there's little to no yard sales during the Winter. Anyone tried Freecycle? I scored some nice cans through there last year. old AA's Raspberry, Indian Spice etc. Worth a shot!

Archived