Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

for top gun,spot where i found one or two cans my rasp still on one pic heheh,btw top do you see any old can @ pic? if yep let me know so i can take it.

24l38ma.jpg

What are those can on the top right with the clear tops and donuts? Is that graffiti paint, or just regular stuff that some guy buys to paint his chair?

I can't imagine going into a regular hardware store and having that kind of color selection. You've got like 4 different teals just in one brand.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are those can on the top right with the clear tops and donuts? Is that graffiti paint, or just regular stuff that some guy buys to paint his chair?

I can't imagine going into a regular hardware store and having that kind of color selection. You've got like 4 different teals just in one brand.

HAL,its dupli color platinum,made by motip and its artists paint,y @ pics you can see only dupli colors @ my local chainstore,maclaim use dupli platinum on one pic that i posted you can see caps for them (cap packs)

can

Platinum_400_150ml.jpg

never tried one,but top gun said that they are wicked thick and better then montana gold

^^^ Looks like it says Duplicolor Rust Stop

ah he used to talk about that dupli,yeo its dupli rust stop and its not made for graffiti,but thick and sick paint inside with hight pressure.

RUSTSTOP-SDM-400ml_22.jpg

edit: much better then any graffiti paint!!! matt finish.

but price for one can here is 15$/can! too expensive

The Terra Cottas in their natural habitat before I relocated them into my cavern of cans. I've been trying to take shots like this just for the heck of it. So I did. Enjoy.

[/size]

DSC03709.jpg

Shoulda grabbed that cummins gold too, looks like plasticote which is some pretty good paint.....

shit we bought like 60 of them for 49 cents like 4 years ago..everything ive done since has that color in it some way or another..

me, i'm on the opposite end of the pole, i haven't had a can of it since 2002. and is one of the colors i have been recently looking for in my spare time. enjoy your terracotta

got these today. the rustoleum is a blue color. almost baby blue. Anyone know what that could be? Its an 82..

That baby blue great day is a 78 illinois bronze. i wanna say its almost full still too!

IMG00823-20110118-1443.jpg

The Rusto if it is close to baby blue is Harbor Blue there should be a number on the bottom of the can which would be 7722

I posted more mags from the 90's-00's in Old Graffiti Magazines...

DSC01444.jpg

Nice the old Can Control with Frames cans on the diving board and one of Vogue's 66 Metal Top Aqua Turqs... It's kinda ironic you'd post these together because I own all the cans pictured on both covers, LOL :lol:

Anyone can tell me all the Krylon colors until 91?

I think i'm close to have them all(except the pre-Bordens), except the well-known tuff-to-find like Icy Grape, Jungle Green, OD Khaki and a few others from later like Coral or Baby Blue(which was so popular among graffiti and regular users that i only have seen one that a friend bought to a lady on Ebay, along with Spanish Browns and others some years ago, he had posted them pages ago)

Thanks for the help, i have what i smell to be a great digging spot to come, i've knocked on the old-ladie's door, and she told me to come back in a couple of weeks, cause she was sick...

Shop closed since ages, but still full believin the neighbours...some of them have the chance to get in to get some tools or stuff.

I'm dreaming of crazy shelves every night while being in a semi-sleep...

Digging is a drug!

This is the can from the issue of IGTimes when they rated the paint, I traded for it with Vulcan.. I gave him some Sparvar purple that I got at MJ Spray when i was in Paris. Never knew until one day when I realized that they had the same smudges...sorry shitty cellphone flick..reddevil.jpg

Anyone can tell me all the Krylon colors until 91?

That's a long list. There were a lot of colors that never made it into the 70's or 80's, or were renamed somewhere along the line.

From my chart from sometime in the late 70's (the one with the picture of a paper label Cherry Red on the cover and "quality comes in all colors")

Glossy White

Flat White

Antique White

Pastel Yellow

Chrome Yellow

Pineapple Yellow

Daisy Yellow

Bright Yellow

Harvest Gold

Marigold Yellow

School Bus Yellow

Popsicle Orange

Burnt Orange

Mandarin Orange

Sunset Orange

Hot Pink

Banner Red

Scarlet

Cherry Red

American Beauty Red

Pastel Aqua

Aqua Turquoise

Baby Blue

Metallic Blue

True Blue

Regal Blue

Plum

Icy Grape

Jungle Green

Clover Green

Avocado

Moss Green

Erin Green

Hunter Green

O.D. Khaki

Spanish Brown

Leather Brown

Dove Gray

Smoke Gray

Shadow Gray

Charcoal Gray

Bright Silver

Dull Aluminum

Glossy Black

Semi-Flat Black

Ultra Flat Black

Black Lacquer

Bright Gold

Bright Copper

Brass

They also have various primers, and I'm sure other things, but i only have the one page. The store owner had it sitting on the shelf with the spray paint, and, funny to me, has "no" written over the colors he didn't want. Basically every "interesting" color, like Jungle, Aqua Turq, and Icy Grape has a "no" on it. For some reason he did want Hot Pink, Chrome Yellow and Green Primer, but not Harvest Gold.

From memory i can add some colors to the list.

Chippewa

Brick

Pewter Grey

Pearl Grey

Almond

Topaz Yellow

Bonfire

Jade Green

Mauve

Violet

Navajo White

Rose

Coral

Light Peach

Taupe

Colonial Blue

Slate Blue

Teal Blue

Teal Green

Medium Brown

Light Beige

and I also have about 20 Rusto charts from 1980. I'll be happy to send one to anyone that wants to pay for postage.

That spray head was from the 1950's. That was the old actuator that was used. Was there a small piece of wire in it too? They would come with a tiny piece that you would use to clear the valve out should it get clogged. They ended up not working so good.

That spray head was from the 1950's. That was the old actuator that was used. Was there a small piece of wire in it too? They would come with a tiny piece that you would use to clear the valve out should it get clogged. They ended up not working so good.

that wire is in the cap or in the box? here is some wire in the cap so dont know its just some kind of valve or??

2sdxz.jpg

No thats part of the spray head. I have to look....I bought a couple cans that came with these valves, but I think only one box still contained the wire. I think the instructions on the side say something about it. WOuld have to check mine, maybe get some pics later.

No thats part of the spray head. I have to look....I bought a couple cans that came with these valves, but I think only one box still contained the wire. I think the instructions on the side say something about it. WOuld have to check mine, maybe get some pics later.

sec let me check the box.

Archived