Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

I actually find goof off graffiti remover to work real well on litho cans, especially those with overspray on them. Just always be sure to test on the back first. And a damp paper towel can get some stuff off of paper labels if you are careful. Most plastic tops I have taken off and just clean in sink. If you really wanna nerd out, you can use rubbing compound on litho cans and then a coat of wax to bring out the shine on them.....

used dupli graffiti remover and it removed the paint from can.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
couple safety cans of krylon. i'll probably go back and get the other safety colors. i'm trying to get the older versions from 99-00 era. the safety green used to be called clover green and the purple was plum. am i remembering this correctly?...the rusto color charts i found in my desk when i cleaned it out, have had them for awhile. i'm trying to collect a PT set of the old logo. so far i only have brilliant blue.

DSCF2675-1.jpg

Any chance you can take pics of the inside of the Painter's Touch pamphlet..? Also, if you want to get rid of it or trade it for something let me know. Thanks.

I can't read the color names, but is that Lilac on the far upper left? I really miss some of those old PT colors. Peach Delight and Soft peach are dope, too.

It is...I can kid of make it out. I actually grabbed 3 Soft Peaches a few weeks ago. Peach Delight was nice too.

Has anyone saved any of the discontinued PT colors? 2/3 of the "mild tones" aren't made anymore. They were pretty great colors. I'd guess that chart is from 2000 or so, since I don't see Violet Mist on there.

i have evry color of all of the american accents and painters touch can and tons of each. when they started the cap switch bullshit i grabbed every can i could find of every color. i have a good 500 plus cans of those for sure. i use some of them multiples every now and then. especially the old berry pink and a few others. dont really want to let any go i have full collections of them and i want to keep it that way and be able to use some. lol.

So, I was thinkin' of posting info when I see cans in TV and in movies. Last night I was watching War Games and in 2 scenes, when they are in Matthew Broderick's characters bedroom, there are what looks to be 2 cans of rusto on a shelf by the doorway. The first scene doesn't show them too good, but the second scene shows them a few times. They def. intentionally turned the labels away from the camera, but as the camera pans I think I see the rusto badge.

Another, which I will try to extract a still of one day from the DVD, is in an episode of Seinfeld. It's the episode where they go to a theater to see these performers and one of the performers takes his jacket to do a trick and they never give it back. Anyway, there's a scene in a backstage hallway where they pass a can of what looks to be True Blue Krylon. Label facing the camera.

I didn't think this would warrant a separate thread so any suggestions on where to share this topic (i.e. in here or not) would be useful. Thanks and thanks.

V.

here is the can from seinfeld. i had this on my computer already i have all the seasons on dvd and i took this a while back.

IMG_1184.jpg

i have evry color of all of the american accents and painters touch can and tons of each. when they started the cap switch bullshit i grabbed every can i could find of every color. i have a good 500 plus cans of those for sure. i use some of them multiples every now and then. especially the old berry pink and a few others. dont really want to let any go i have full collections of them and i want to keep it that way and be able to use some. lol.

please post pics of your PT and AA collection if you can. thanks dude

asked before,is there any old krylon with motorcycle label?? i am pretty sure that i saw can like that but i'm not sure if it was krylon can... and OG can you take a better pic of that can,looks dope that paper label looks like regular painted one dope!

Archived