Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am going to try to sell my jungle, icy grape, brick, chippewa, spanish brown, wet looks, etc... Get at me if interested.... I need money more than I need this shit in my crib these days.

Didn't mean to post this twice, but I messed up on the first one. Hit me up at mickeyavalon.com. You might have some cans I need. Thanks.

^Also certain cans become like treasures if you find them in person, like the Rusto White. It can all depend on a situation, that then becomes a story, how long it took to find and doing the leg work that makes that can even more special and therefore valuable.

I can't buy a can from another collector...i need to dig it, to steal it, to talk during hours to the 80 years old store-owner about the old days, to make miles to find it.

And even if i'd want to sell some of my cans i wouldn't be able to put a price on 'em, it ain't about money.

i agree about the sentimental value/story behind finding a can is what matters..side note, i cleaned out my dad's garage of old user cans i had left there for one reason or another over the years, nothing impressive, but fun for me....and a couple flicks of an unusual water-based rusto enamel..the 55 gallon drums are gnarly

DSCF2670.jpg

DSCF2668.jpg

DSCF2666.jpg

Hit me up at mickeyavalon.com. I'm looking for a few cans, you may have. Thanks

i tried getting a hold of that dude. didnt answer my email. im trying to spend cash and buy everybodys shit. if anyone wants to get paid lets make a deal on paint!!!

shit, i'm sorry..the rusto acrylic was from a discount spot..not my dads. they had several pallets of the 5gallons and a few pallets of the 55gal drums..but yeah i cant ever imagine using that much paint..you could paint an entire factory. i might grab one of the 5gallons just for fun.

Got these today. the sherwin williams is from the 50s.

IMG00653-20101207-0939.jpg

i have a hookup, that clears out paint and hazardous materials from houses where people have died, or lost their home. they give me this shit for free, Ive already gotten 2 60's paper labels.

Honestly most people would probably say nah, throw it out and just get krylon and rust oleum. That derusto is from 91, And its 3/4 full.

The way i look at it, is if a can is in decent condition, and its over 10 years old, keep it. look at how much shit people throw away in life and say 'fuck i shouldnt of tossed that or sold it"

Another thing to remember when collecting is save all the scrap cans you can. For instance,. lets say i get a almost gone can of hot pink. a couple months later i get another can of an older hot pink thats halfway full. Get your mixing tubes out, and fill the halfway full can. wipe it down with a little laquer thinner, and Now you have a brand new hot pink.

Im looking for Tops for teal blue, plum and hunter green if anyone has any they want to sell. ill pay 3 bucks a piece.

I think I might have extras of all 3 of those... gotta run to my storage unit and check my box of caps... I'll let ya know...

i tried getting a hold of that dude. didnt answer my email. im trying to spend cash and buy everybodys shit. if anyone wants to get paid lets make a deal on paint!!!

Hit me up on my email...mickeyavalon@me.com I gotta bunch of cans you'd be into.

Derusto is some good paint, even the newer stuff....every one gets stuck on krylon and rusto, there are many "off" brands that are great quality paint....

...and if you want 91's I have plenty for sale, those are still mostly in my user pile....there is a nice citrus yellow on ebay right now...

Honestly most people would probably say nah, throw it out and just get krylon and rust oleum. That derusto is from 91, And its 3/4 full.

The way i look at it, is if a can is in decent condition, and its over 10 years old, keep it. look at how much shit people throw away in life and say 'fuck i shouldnt of tossed that or sold it"

Another thing to remember when collecting is save all the scrap cans you can. For instance,. lets say i get a almost gone can of hot pink. a couple months later i get another can of an older hot pink thats halfway full. Get your mixing tubes out, and fill the halfway full can. wipe it down with a little laquer thinner, and Now you have a brand new hot pink.

agreed!

oh for sure. i only fill one can with the original paint from that year or pretty close. i mixed my own cans in the 90s so mixing is pretty easy for me. i also take my cans to an auto body store and have them pump air in them to work again. i want my collection to be legit and anyones cans i send out.

because i freeze my cans when i mix, i dont do paper labels.

Archived