Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny story about those "American" cans with the eagle on em on the last page....

A friend of mine ordered some blubber color cans when they were first mentioned on the internets. The couple cans he eventually recieved had odd paper labels and said something like Promo cans? Or something weird like that. He noticed something odd about the cans, so he took the paper label off and took some thinner to the cans. Turned out the cans he was sent were really just those American Minty Green cans spray painted silver. Weird.

euro, I would be really interested in trading you something for that can...

pm me if you still have it and if you are interested...

Originally posted by Euro@Apr 9 2005, 07:49 PM

ok, i have a half full can of Illinois Bronze: WET PAINT, Screaming Yellow color. it has no rust or dents, has a paper label that is in really good condition. how much do you guys think this can is worth?

picture:

wetpaint7ko.jpg

what kinds of places do you guys go to to get these carloads of old cans????? :confused2:

i called all of the "mom and pop" hardeware stores in my area and they all said that they had cleared their stock a while ago or just dont have any....

another question: what are the 10 colors of IllBronze Wet Paint, i know Screaming Yellow and Squeeze Me Orange, but what are the other 8 color names?

useurname, its funny, i just got this today, red devil bold blue. no rust but does have dents in back, the tin, yo my knowledge, is full.

reddevilbucketpaint2jp.jpg

anyone intrested in trading for this pm me. im looking for "wet paint" cans or rusto scotties.

Guest KephaOneLove

95% of my ish is full....straight flea market,garage sale, diggin through dumpster finds....quite n obession...im sure all will agree!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dune493+Apr 18 2005, 08:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dune493 - Apr 18 2005, 08:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-paint junky@Apr 18 2005, 12:08 AM

i dont think i would even keep any of those to use. you can do better than that pal.

3cans.jpg

[/b]

Damn dune thats some hot shit, get in touch its been a minute...oh and can you supply the name and number for that sapolin?

Originally posted by slyle+Apr 20 2005, 09:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slyle - Apr 20 2005, 09:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by dune493@Apr 18 2005, 08:39 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-paint junky@Apr 18 2005, 12:08 AM

i dont think i would even keep any of those to use. you can do better than that pal.

3cans.jpg

Damn dune thats some hot shit, get in touch its been a minute...oh and can you supply the name and number for that sapolin?

[/b]

What up kid.The info on that can is 168 GLOSS FIESTA ORANGE and it is fortified with epoxy to stop that nasty rusty stuff.

just to let all you paint sniffers know tonight @ 10:00 pm eastern standard time the history channel will be airing the compleat history of paint. I can't see them not mentioning Srraypaint or the impact graffiti has had concerning it.

They just had the one I posted. My homie gripped a few different brands that looked as old and older. I'll flick and post them when I can.

Slightly off topic... What's the hype with Red Devil? I know this spot that has mad Red-Devil but when I tried to use it, it was garbage. I shook them mad long and all but they still suck. Did they dip on their quality at some point?

Originally posted by RATT+Apr 30 2005, 02:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RATT - Apr 30 2005, 02:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Apr 29 2005, 05:19 PM

My bad on the glare, I don't know how to turn off my auto-flash :umm:

Put your finger over it.

[/b]

Oh snap! :haha: :haha:

Archived