Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slyle CMC

Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Apparently Coral and Light Peach were sporting those hats too..... Just checked my sexy can party shots folder I have of some of me cans and there too lies the terra cotta. Can it be...? Can't it be all so simple.... 18 and older only.

DSC05368.jpg

Question - What Krylon colors (full list if possible) had the "New color for the 80's" sticker on the tops.?

Also, which had the "New" right on the top..? Thanks.

"NEW" on the top: Violet, 1807, 2406, 2507, and others.

If memory serves me it is similar to rusto's new colors for the 80's. Burgundy, Almond, Brick, Bonfire, Topaz Yellow, and possibly one more....Joe Welcome might be able to help on this one...

Beige too?

Beige too?

No because beige was available before than in 68-75 series....

As for the newer cans with new caps you notice you had two different styles. In the older last issue borden cans I know it was light peach, teal blue, jade green, mauve, rose, colonial blue and I think Taupe......I could be wrong and I could be missing some.

the newer ones like terracotta, grape, warm brown, Chamois, Salmon, possibly a blue. Those were like 91/94 Sherwin Williams colors. I know top gun says violet, which could be right too...especially if he has one.

No because beige was available before than in 68-75 series....

As for the newer cans with new caps you notice you had two different styles. In the older last issue borden cans I know it was light peach, teal blue, jade green, mauve, rose, colonial blue and I think Taupe......I could be wrong and I could be missing some.

the newer ones like terracotta, grape, warm brown, Chamois, Salmon, possibly a blue. Those were like 91/94 Sherwin Williams colors. I know top gun says violet, which could be right too...especially if he has one.

slate blue was in that mix too i think. a great color

Yeah 67....one of the two things in life I love more than paint

we should do can pics with the rides when were done building em. lol

How could I miss slate blue....and I think chippewa might have been a new color for the 80's..

can someone post a pic of krylon with bike on the label? someone?? let see some!

Heres an Avacado i found with the bike symbol. Pretty rare.

IMG00979-20110207-1459-1.jpg

Almond

Beige

Bonfire

Brick

Burgundy

Chippewa

Pearl Gray

Topaz Yellow

Used to be that Burgundy and Pearl Gray were the toughest to get, and I imagine that's still the case.

Damn you Joewelcome you are right again.....sorry Jib

Thanks for the replies youz guys....I'd like to put together an "80's" and "New" tops set....ahh, a girl can dream.

not that hard, well except for the new color for the 80's. Some of those are hard to find, no less find with that label.....I bet if someone wanted we could reprint the labels to add to notch tops....

Raspberry, Summer Squash, Wildflower Blue, Leafy Green, and Heirloom White (only cause I had a shit load of it) Honorable mention to indian spice and autumn gold, but by the time I started using them they stopped making it....oh and Dune hit me up got some vinyl news for you....

Top 5 - Raspberry (RIP around here), Green Apple, Green Apple, Farmhouse Red (RIP a.h.), Seaside Green (RIP a.h.)

Honorable mention - Blackberry (RIP a.h.), Summer Squash, Leafy Green,

Side note - Autumn Gold: Haven't used. Have 2 cans. Never saw it for sale but was given 2. Would like to. One day maybe.

I've oft pondered the green selection with American Accent. It's pretty broad. And they don't have a "Hunter Green", though they have Hunt Club Green , but at least the name is snazzed up. 6 greens in total. Guess it goes with the nice patio housewife type. I only ever see satin AA at my retail art spot. Then all of a sudden my liquidator place started, no longer though, getting AA gloss in really dope flavors: Cabana Blue, Cocoa etc. The catch was they were sporting the new male valves. They AA's at the art spot never pushed out any new valve or gloss cans. So help me I will jump out of my one story window if AA messes around with the good stuff. Enough is enough already. My favorite paint to use.

not that hard, well except for the new color for the 80's. Some of those are hard to find, no less find with that label.....I bet if someone wanted we could reprint the labels to add to notch tops....

They put them on regular top cans too not just notch tops. In my opinion adding a sticker to a top that didn't have it is like adding a top to a can that didn't come with it, doing that is bootlegging the can that you can't find and to me that ain't right...

Light beige was also a New cap on the barcode cans and I believe pewter grey was as well. I think there may be one or 2 missing still but can't think of them off the top of my head..

hmmmmm. so many AA colors. i have utterly no idea what new AA is like (fantips now?), and i just had to check the website to see what's still in production. i'm not boasting, for years we were cleaning up whatever early AA colors we could find.

Indian Spice and Autumn Gold are total winners, totally obvious since they've been discontinued and have been mentioned. But buttery and rich colors like nothing else.

I enjoyed Iris Blue, Cinnamon, Maple Sugar, the original Silver, and Green Apple became such a jocked color, but it was a shockwave when it came out. Not long after Berry Pink PT (and Spa Blue PT for that matter) and it was suddenly everywhere and being used to death. Goes to show you that even in the past decade, a new, bright and atypical color could be released by a US brand and people would flip over it. I don't know if that still happens...... nowadays I find plain red and plain black Montana cans left on sidewalks and alleys and it just puzzles the fuck out of me. I'm old I guess.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now