Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

valdi- i think i'm going to try the scrapping of cans. i should have a lot of free time here in a few weeks..i don't have a legal wall spot around here, but i will search for empties, most likely i will be finding cans i tossed years ago though...if you think about, that really didn't take much effort on your part, and the $ should pay for gas if you drove there, or buy a couple cans..the cycle continues

Nice man, that'd be awesome. Especially if you're cleaning up your own mess.. ;)

The scrap facility fortunately is on my daily benching drive so it works out nicely and doesn't cost me any gas I otherwise wouldn't be using. I do recommend not leaving bulk/prepped cans, spray or soda/beer outside as scrappers will tend to come around and take your stuff the night before garbage pick-up day. I had my collection of aluminum, not much fortunately, taken the other day cuz I forgot to bag it. Ultimately I think some enterprising young lad decided to help himself to them. No worries tho as it was only about 80 cents worth. Either way tho, learn from my mistake and bag what you're going to recycle but keep it away from the normal stinky trash so the sanitation guys don't get too confused. They confuse easily.

@ Jib - You mean more pic of the cans I'm scrapping..? If so, I'll take better ones from now on for you. Let me know.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not a big find, but anythings better than nothing I guess..

IMG01337-20110421-1222.jpg

Jib, zynolytes are still coming in but i really dont want to collect them unless they are dope colors. Im trying to monitor my collection and i have been getting rid of stuff that im not really attatched to, and its actually making my collection look better to me. I was gonna get the whole color chart, but i painted with mainly krylon so every time i look at these cans, they are like a red headed stepchild to me. As is spar-var to krylon.

^^ those are pretty eaasy to find around my neck of the woods. i usually get a couple of the good colors when i find it on one of my paint scavenger hunts.

have a nice come up ill post pics of soon. and as soon as i dig some more random shit out ill post it.

anyone heard of Adobe??? a rusto color from 1983 cans. ran across one and thought is seemed like a color i didnt remember hearing about. post pic soon.

Adobe, Terracotta, Sandstone, Greystone, Burgundy were part of the decorator color line up for rusto in the early 80's....krylon did a similar thing. You used to see them all the time, have not seen one on a shelf ina while. Dope color nice and thick.

Wow that was fast. OK, so the auction link above will not work now cuz I sold the U Pick 6 pack Part 1. I'm going to re-list with an updated photo if I don't have the colors that were pictured previously. If I do, the pic will be the same and the deal will be the same. You pick your 6 cans. Thanks.

wow i just read 181 pages of madness ... you guys have some real beaut's ..

i dont know if i should be in the serious collectors thread yet.. but im working on it ..

i def def collect any black paints... so if anyone has any extra blacks please let me know

besides that .. just blown away tonight .. really dope shit

went to a little spot about a half hour from my work that i havent been to yet. picked this little guy up for a greenback. owner said he had alot of cans at his house that he would bring down for me next week, so i should be bringing some more home soon.

25kiyqb.jpg

i dont know why the sunburst yellow is on the shelf. i just noticed that.

2qu0ilk.jpg

2qu0ilk.jpg

I got a thing for the older Premium Decor labels and colors... Feel like it's a pretty slept on range, I mean, you don't hear too many folks talking about the line and the color choices. Nice man, thanks for posting!

some nice finds here, but also worth saying that there's some fine quality paints:

Woodsavers (when I say shake these up like CRAZY, i'm not kidding)

Glidden Rust-Master (they made these in OSHA colors, very nice)

Lucas Harvest Gold (this line in Avocado was lovely, bet that Harvest is good, despite danvern valve)

Rusto Adobe (very nice, also needs a good hard shake, probably getting a bit too old to use now... this was the "dog" of the Decorators, should still be able to find it in out of the way spots)

also:

Rusto Sunset Yellow... not bad per se, but perhaps the saggiest paint i've ever used. a good example of a paint that's heavy and yet not easy to use.

Nice Top Coat collection!

Rusto National Blue Scottie is a hard find!

Zynolytes in dope colors with that cool floating screwdriver hole in the overcap.....

great stuff!

oh yeah, misspelling of Caterpillar is nice too!

Archived