Are You Ready For Some Football???

Guest Canadiano

Guest Canadiano

Re: ..

Originally posted by SE4_2002

They usually have American football on channel 5, but as Bodice says you can get it on satalite but you have to pay extra.As for it being popular , i`m afraid it ain`t everyone thinks it`s a girls game all that padding..Baseball I can watch, but it`s on about 4am, so the timing ain`t good..

then how come I check out your european nfl, you have sell-out crowds. It's not a pansy sport. It's not trying to beat out rugby or aussie rules in any category. if you really understood football, you'd realize it has everything to do with strategy hand in hand with athleticism. Everytime the game starts, I feel like it's two teams in all out war, complete with the generals playing a chess match of sorts.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest SE4_2002

Re: Re: ..

Originally posted by Canadiano

then how come I check out your european nfl, you have sell-out crowds. It's not a pansy sport. It's not trying to beat out rugby or aussie rules in any category. if you really understood football, you'd realize it has everything to do with strategy hand in hand with athleticism. Everytime the game starts, I feel like it's two teams in all out war, complete with the generals playing a chess match of sorts.

Hey I just remembered the "London Monarchs" yeah there is a league and it did used to be more popular than it is now..Haven`t seen it on T.V for ages tho..It`s each to there own, personally I don`t like rugby never played it, to play rugby over here you have to go to a good school etc, and mine was shit!!haha. Ice Hockey is getting well popular over here for some reason!!

Guest SE4_2002

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

So you mean soccer right....damn Canadians...

We`re talking about yankie football mate, not FOOTBALL!!

Guest Canadiano

Baltimore at Philadelphia on right now on Fox.

oh, and I just remembered that the ex-Raiders' coach (Grudin, right? I liked him) is on Tampa Bay now. Whatever are they going to do?

and did you say that ice hockey is growing in England? That's really cool! Our Canadian Manifest Destiny - get hockey everywhere, from Nashville to Manchester, to who knows where?

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by Smart

I do like Joy Division though...

do you know what song was playing on the record player when they found the lead singer to Joy Division's body hanging? I used to know this useless fact, but I forgot.

Guest mafIAkilla

Baltimore at Philadelphia on right now on Fox.

oh, and I just remembered that the ex-Raiders' coach (Grudin, right? I liked him) is on Tampa Bay now. Whatever are they going to do?

and did you say that ice hockey is growing in England? That's really cool! Our Canadian Manifest Destiny - get hockey everywhere, from Nashville to Manchester, to who knows where?

(nashville) predators games are fun to go to,but the team sucks.....the team owner has issued a "playoff promise" to season ticket holders that says if the predators dont make it to the playoffs this year then the ticket holders get their money refunded.....

• 2 weeks later...

Football sucks...

Keep lettin the government tell you what you should and shouldn't do. Watch tv all day and buy stocks. Kill yourself with the drugs that the U.S. sells because we're so far in debt. If you're born poor you stay poor unless you make your own door. They aint here to help they're here to watch and control like a fuckin zoo. Democracy failed. I just hope we don't all die with it...

Mr. Vos

"Flippin out like slippin while trippin out on trampalines"

bodice, that's not fair. I have that digital cable, and I get to watch english premier, german, and a shit load of other soccer (to you, football) games. And I'm sure they show the superbowl in your part of europe, 'cuz I hear that the ratings are through the roof for that.

bodice already answered it, but Europeans don't give a shit about the Superbowl. World champions my ass.....

.....and Fox Sportsworld is the greatest channel ever.....

Guest Canadiano

yeah, FOXSW is pretty sick, but I like ESPNC the best.

and by the way, San Francisco won with a field goal with 6 or so seconds left. Good game.

• 3 weeks later...

I have nothing but love for my Cowboys:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/nfl/dcc/images/pht_main_0.jpg'>

but I'm gonna have to give mad support to the Raiders who truly deserve the championship:

http://www.raiders.com/images/raiderettes/2002line1.jpg'>

besides my own heartbreak, it was disturbing to see some of my friends so depressed after such a great season and post-season run. goddamn refs...

:mad:

i love my cowboys too HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!

even though they got spanked today i have faith

but OHIO STATE on the other hand is fucking great i lovem 4-0 baby 4-0 wooohooooo GOING ALL THEY WAY

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP:eek:

• 1 month later...

what a way to celebrate the five hundredth episode! Halle Berry asks the infamous "are you ready..." question, Al Michaels and John Madden are wearing the old school yellow blazers, and it's the Raiders vs. Broncos, a rivalry I'm almost glad I'm not a part of. HELL YEEEEAAAAAHHH!!!!!

Archived