Are You Ready For Some Football???

Guest Canadiano

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Canadiano

again with the slamball, eh? I heard mad critics ripping it up, and I haven't even seen it.

back to football: this just in - Terrel Davis of the Denver Broncos, one of the best RBs to play the game, has ended his career at the age of 26 (*edit* - i'm not too sure about the age). His knees just can't take it anymore.:(

Guest Canadiano

bodice, that's not fair. I have that digital cable, and I get to watch english premier, german, and a shit load of other soccer (to you, football) games. And I'm sure they show the superbowl in your part of europe, 'cuz I hear that the ratings are through the roof for that. who knows? I sure as hell know that they don't show Canadian Football, or Arena Football elsewhere in the world.

and Al Michaels and John Madden make a great combo. I feel sorta bad for Pat Summerall.

college football starts this Saturday? :confused:

Guest Canadiano

I have nothing but love for my Cowboys:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/nfl/dcc/images/pht_main_0.jpg'>

but I'm gonna have to give mad support to the Raiders who truly deserve the championship:

http://www.raiders.com/images/raiderettes/2002line1.jpg'>

besides my own heartbreak, it was disturbing to see some of my friends so depressed after such a great season and post-season run. goddamn refs...

:mad:

Originally posted by Canadiano

bodice, that's not fair. I have that digital cable, and I get to watch english premier, german, and a shit load of other soccer (to you, football) games. And I'm sure they show the superbowl in your part of europe, 'cuz I hear that the ratings are through the roof for that. who knows? I sure as hell know that they don't show Canadian Football, or Arena Football elsewhere in the world.

nope - *if* I wanted to watch american football, I could only see selected games *if* I paid extra for each game (outside of the extra charge for the more obscure sports channel........)

Not meaning to bust your bubble, but no one here gives a toss about American football. It tends to be regarded as rugby for pansies in spandex + padding.

(note, the views above DO NOT represent the views of the Bodice_Ripper Collective, and are merely stating the the views experienced by said Ripper)

are you kidding me.....ive been ready for mans seasonl since the end of last year.....cant fucking wait....set up two or three tvs, grill out, drink booze all day, and sit on my ass.....im all about some college football though....and it starts on thursday with colorado state and somebody....

Guest Canadiano

i'm not as big a Flutie fan as you may think. He's damn good, and I give him crazy respect, but I never did like his throws. I've noticed that he has all that hangtime, and I don't like that style of passing. Give me Jeff Hostettler (sp) any day.

evilistic, the screwed all the divisions up, supposedly because of the new team additions, but, I erally don't like them... the NFC central used to be rad, particularly the 'battle of the bays' (Green Bay vs. Tampa Bay)... anyway, it's all screwy now... I think Seattle even changed conferences...

Guest SE4_2002

They usually have American football on channel 5, but as Bodice says you can get it on satalite but you have to pay extra.As for it being popular , i`m afraid it ain`t everyone thinks it`s a girls game all that padding..Baseball I can watch, but it`s on about 4am, so the timing ain`t good..

Originally posted by bodice_ripper

nope - *if* I wanted to watch american football, I could only see selected games *if* I paid extra for each game (outside of the extra charge for the more obscure sports channel........)

Not meaning to bust your bubble, but no one here gives a toss about American football. It tends to be regarded as rugby for pansies in spandex + padding.

damn straight bodice. american football over here is considerd as a pusy sport cos u all wear so much padding whereas in rugby no padding is worn at all.

Guest Obsessed

ill get drunk and eat nachos

but ill pass on the football watching

they should have a warning before each game that says:

'for rollerbladers only'

Archived