Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DMX

translated literature

Guest DMX

what's everybody's take on this? it seems like a shame to only be able to read stuff that was written in languages that you speak but at the same time it kinda seems to take some of the romance out of it... i'mm currently reading the english version of kafka's the castle and i can't help but wonder what kafka himself would think of it. anyways this thread is boring and stupid sorry

Guest Canadiano

I'm a big fan of Alexandre Dumas, and I only read the English translations. I wonder the same thing you do.

Guest --zeSto--

take the romance out of it ?

why are you reading a book with fabio on the cover?

seriously, good books should be shared with as many people as possible.

And, a faithfull and well crafted translation is a work of art in itself.

Guest socrates

This the most intelligent discussion to ever hit 12oz., get rid of it.

I THOUGHT ABOUT THAT WHEN I READ "CRIME AND PUNISHMENT" THEN I REALIZED THAT "CRIME AND PUNISHMENT" SUCKED SO IT DIDN'T MATTER ANYWAY... BUT I SEE YOUR POINT

Good book be "MONSTER", that shit bout monster kody son. He is my idol, If I ever get bucked, I wanna get bucked like him! That Sammy Da Bull book is a banger too son son.

Guest bug

no this thread is not boring and stupid, seriously, the subject is still discussed a lot in literary circles.

One of my favorite authors is Milan Kundera, and his books are all in either french or czech. i can't help but wonder what he was originally saying, and its also interesting to see the same books being translated by different people. essentially this means that someone read both versions, then decided that it wasn't a good interpertation of what the original translator was suggesting, so gave a shot at their own version. i really wish i was bilingual

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this