College advice

dirtysicks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

go to film school.

there's lots of "liberal" girls who like to make "movies"

;) ;) :nudge: :nudge:

what? no nudge icon ?

I dont want to work bullshit job's anymore, my last job was with WorldCom, they terminated me because my son was in ICU and I stood in there with him for a week, that was some foul shit........They got Devry out here but I dont know about that place, I think it is better to get a "real" degree. I was in the Army but like a dick I did not get the GI bill. I am thinking about getting a degree in business/management, they have schools out here that you can get a degree via on-line classes, anybody ever took these on-line classes?

I always thought that business/management online stuff was just for grad school or continuing education, not a BA, which is what you need for grad school and good jobs in that field. But that's like 6 years, alot of staring at a computer screen if you ask me. I really don't know what advice to give you, I'm in a similar predicament: I have a degree, but that shit gets stale if you don't use it. The best advice is don't waste money doing something half-assed (like me), and at least you'll be able to hold it down even if it's not nirvana.

Good looking out, I went and took this personality and career aptitude test, they told me the jobs I may enjoy would be police officer, corrections, commissioned officer in the armed forces, none of those jobs will accept me based on my past, police and corrections do a polygraph, commissioned officers cannot have ANY law violations aside from traffic shit.........

Originally posted by dirtysicks

I would be down if I was still single...........What I wanted to do is audio engineering but that is risky field to get into and I am not trying to risk my son's future.......

if you're looking to go to school for audio engineering...you should go to FullSail...im currently in the computer animation program...the thing is..you get out of that school what you put in..its quite competative...check it out... www.fullsail.com ....its world known and shit...check it out my man.

Guest --zeSto--

about fullsail...

I have major beef with those 'fast-track' into film and televison production courses.

Not full sail specificily, but all of them together.

they make people think that all it takes to be a director, producer, editor is the 20 grand required for their course.

Some things need natural talents, but they'll never tell you that.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

go to film school.

there's lots of "liberal" girls who like to make "movies"

;) ;) :nudge: :nudge:

what? no nudge icon ?

haha. man i want to go to film school but louisville, kentucky doesnt have much to offer....

fuck this place.

Guest --zeSto--

HAHA

you're in Louisville Kentucky ???

I was offered a gig down there that would have paid 100k a year

(but I might have gotten killed in the process)

hows the weather?

Originally posted by --zeSto--

about fullsail...

I have major beef with those 'fast-track' into film and televison production courses.

Not full sail specificily, but all of them together.

they make people think that all it takes to be a director, producer, editor is the 20 grand required for their course.

Some things need natural talents, but they'll never tell you that.

well the film program sucks...but...that can be said about any of the programs...as far as paying a bunch of money....its 30 grand..but..your books and materials are paid for...break that down into some 4 year course....i mean.. i could care less..im just here as a reference...so i can get out to europe once my demo reel is finished...but i mean..they do teach the kids the tools...and what they do beyond that is their deal.

Guest Wase_137

Yeah man, you should try Business Management, I am in my Senior year now, and so far so good, I am actually considering going to Grad school for my Masters real soon after that....Do what interests you, and good luck. Do it like me, do it for your family and their future....Peace

Originally posted by dirtysicks

none of those jobs will accept me based on my past, police and corrections do a polygraph, commissioned officers cannot have ANY law violations aside from traffic shit.........

Let's think here, there are other jobs in this area, recon, private dick, bail bondsmen, parole officer?, social worker?, personal security. I don't know if you'll necessarily be carrying a gun, but how healthy can that be for you're son anyway? My friend is trying to get in with this girl he knows (a friends serious girlfriend) who does federal work, he would be stalking for money, and it's really good money. The security business or any of these sort of seem like fast money, and not very secure, hahahaha, get it, secure, i crack myself up. . .

DIRTYSICKS I WAS BEING SARCASTIC WHEN I SAID THAT APEX TECH SHIT BUT YOU DIDN'T CATCH IT... IN REALITY YOU SHOULD HONE IN ON A FIELD, IT MAKES IT'LL MAKE YOUR PURSUIT A LOT EASIER IF YOU HAVE AN ESTABLISHED DIRECTION...

PS: I KNOW OF A JOB RIGHT NOW IN PROSPECT PARK... IT'LL BE GOING ON UNTIL SPRING... INTERESTED?

Archived