Remember 9/11

Santa Claus

Traffic was backed up at Fort Campbell, Ky., and was moving way too slowly. I was probably going to be late and I was growing more and more impatient.

The pace slowed almost to a standstill as I passed Memorial Grove, the site built to honor the soldiers who died in the Gander airplane crash, the worst redeployment accident in the history of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault).

Because it was close to Memorial Day, a small American flag had been placed in the ground next to each soldier's memorial plaque.

My concern at the time, however, was getting past the bottleneck, getting out of the rain and getting to Physical Training on time.

All of a sudden, infuriatingly, just as the traffic was getting started again, the car in front of me stopped.

A soldier, a private of course, jumped out in the pouring rain and ran over toward the grove.

I couldn't believe it! This knucklehead was holding up everyone for who knows what kind of prank. Horns were honking.

I waited to see the butt-chewing that I wanted him to get for making me late.

He was getting soaked to the skin. His BDUs were plastered to his frame. I watched-as he ran up to one of the memorial plaques, picked up the small American flag that had fallen to the ground in the wind and the rain, and set it upright again.

Then, slowly, he came to attention, saluted, ran back to his car, and drove off.

I'll never forget that incident. That soldier, whose name I will never know, taught me more about duty, honor, and respect than a hundred books or a thousand lectures.

That simple salute -- that single act of honoring his fallen brother and his flag -- encapsulated all the Army values in one gesture for me. It said, "I will never forget. I will keep the faith. I will finish the mission. I am an American soldier."

I thank God for examples like that.

I dont know if this is appropriate for this thread but to me this is moving.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that's all good, that's why we have armed forces deployed all over the world, to ensure that you are able to say whatever the fuck you want whenever you want......men and women on 6-12 month rotations in Afghanistan and other fucked up places, away from there families for you.

Guest socrates

It's a joke...more people commit suicide why don't we prevent that before we put trillions towards preventing terrorism..why...because it's not an issue you can get elected on.

TO SOCRATES

WOW YOU'RE REALLY RETARDED MAN... HAVEN'T YOU NOTICE THAT THEY'VE BEEN PUMPING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS OVER THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS INTO NUMEROUS INITIATIVES TO PREVENT SUICIDE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: MORE AVAILABLE AND INEXPENSIVE MEDICATION, MORE COUNSELING (ESPECIALLY IN SCHOOLS), HOTLINES, AND AD CAMPAIGNS... MATTER OF FACT I WAS JUST READING SOMETHING ABOUT THAT...

ANYWAY, EVEN IF THAT WASN'T THE CASE IT WOULD BE A THOUGHTLESS AND STUPID COMPARISON TO COMPARE PREVENTION OF SUICIDE AND PREVENTION OF TERRORISM... WHY? BECAUSE TERRORISM IS HORRIBLY DESTRUCTIVE AND INFLICTED ON INNOCENTS RATHER THAN ON ONE'S SELF... ALSO (AND MORE IMPRTANTLY) BECAUSE TERRORIST ACTS ARE MEANS TO AN EVENTUAL GOAL, WHICH WOULD INVOLVE MORE INEVITABLE DESTRUCTION, AND IDEALY WOULD LEAD TO A CERTAIN GROUP GAINING POWER WHO WOULD OBVIOUSLY MAKE LIFE A LOT MORE UNCOMFORTABLE FOR YOU AND I... IGNORANCE IS BLISS, I GUESS, FOR PSEUDO-INTELLECTUAL SIMPLETONS LIKE YOU... MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T SPEAK ANYMORE UNLESS YOU CAN SAY SOMETHING WORTHWHILE...

Guest wydontyudie2

look in all honesty if i shot and killd someone id have to live with the inequeties of my mistakes. The towers and all those people are consequentially a by product of americas blatant arrogance. If you bully people and put up a front, someone is gonna punch you in the face. thats what america has done after years and years of shitty foreign policy. I say shitty, in response to the motive which is to protect an economic wealth (through the UN and OPEC) by strongarming the countries who are feeding our most precious commodity, OIL. WE go over there to push around the persians and middle easterns with utter disregard to what they believe, and part of what is thier belief in muslim and islam is not to become frivolous with thier fruits. Of course we dont like this so its become apparent so it sucumbs that there are now many propogated ideas floating around in those countries about america i mean look at all the news footage of them burning israli flags and american flags.

the leaders in those countries will make it seem how it is, that we are going over there and destroying thier commonwealth, well hey we are. The gaza strip and the war of who gets the promise land is not our problem but still we make it ours to protect our asses or rather our share. WE are the single largest consumer of petroleum products hands down. these guys know this and got damn tired of getting pushed around. Now im not saying i back what they did but im saying our reaction to it is completley retarded because we have no right to point blame on terroristic acts after all the blood we shed in sudan, somalia, vietnam, and korea. Those were not ours to fight but we put our brown nose into it anyway because the leaders in this country think they are the police of the world. nuff said those terrorists got us good and we cant admit to a lick. Thats why im not to sympathetic towards this 9-11 bullshit and nor would i really feel any different if it was my family.

its like, if these souls dont die off our homeland soil then its some sort of d-day shit like were going to war now. Like getem sea bass!!!!! but truth is even though its on our soil and it was civilian, it was casualties of war, they died for thier country even though it wasnt voluntary and didnt knoww it.

in fact i would take more of an effort than i try right now, to make a difference in the way this country thinks. By the way we are all a bunch of complacent assholes when it comes down to it because i could argue to everyone all day long but it wont make a difference. I could rally hundreds od people to write letters to thier congressman but it would make no difference. There are to many ignorant people in this country who dont wnat to be educated about these world events that will one day be a grave affect to thier national security. We dont need to change our homeland security procedures, we need to change our immigration procedures, we cant let just everyone in here who comes from a country that has had a long lineage of hate towards due to a leverage of foreign policy on our part. WE have to regulate that and take the oppurtunity to them. Send troops to the middleeast to educate and feed these refugees and casualties of despotic governments and religious factions. That power we do have.

l0rd Ka0s

ps im going to write a letter to my congress man write now will you do the same?

Guest JIGSAW
Originally posted by socrates

It's a joke...more people commit suicide why don't we prevent that before we put trillions towards preventing terrorism..why...because it's not an issue you can get elected on.

guess why theirs so much counseling and drugs....money....

Originally posted by wydontyudie2

blahblahblahblahblah

jesus christ....do i have to tell you to shut up twice? your not backing up your original statement by rattling off some unoriginal "the US had it comming" rhetoric....your a moron, youve made that blatantly obvious so just keep your moulth shut until you mature a little bit alright??

Guest wydontyudie2

if we are going to argue here i believe you need to cite specific examples from my texts. Now quit getting scared and turning to this insecure attitude of making fun of me. Lets move on.

Guest wydontyudie2

and yes i did back it up dummy

i said you have to live with the inequities of your mistakes, er go the us had it coming.

Guest wydontyudie2
Originally posted by dirtysicks

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT YOU WOULD NOT FEEL ANY DIFFERENT ABOUT THE SITUATION IF YOUR FAMILY DIED THAT DAY. HOW MANY OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS HAVE BEEN MURDERED? IF NONE, HOW CAN YOU EVEN COMPREHEND WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE.........

im open minded bro and i stick to my ideals cause they have grave reason taht is important to me like my family.

Guest uncle-boy
Originally posted by boogie hands

good christ....please shut your teenage, wanna-be-revolutionary-fanzine-reading ass up. that was about the most retarded, misguided thing ive read today....

as for this thread it can go...just think back to how you felt that day and then try and have your giggles or down play it....

my thoughts exactly

My son was with me that day as I called in and told the job to eat shit, worried because my fam is in NY, got firemen and paramedic's in my fam.................I got the BIG screen joint and my son saw the fucking replays on CNN, "daddy the airplane hit the house." I cannot even articulate my feelings at that time.....That is a unique feeling that I have never experienced in my life, over fucking whelmed.......like 8 in the morning I cracked a case of Heiny's, frozen in front of the TV......."I cant believe this." "I cant believe this." "I cant believe this." "I cant believe this." "I cant believe this."

I understand you hippie mudda fukkas that say reacting to violence with violence is not accomplishing anything, but yo, you cant use "kill em with kindness" on these degenerate savages, they fucking despise our country and honestly I believe all of the cats on here that are anti-government and anti-United States of America are either with us or against us, this suspect nigga Walker needs to be shot, word up, this nigga started whining about how he was deprived of sleep, how many soldiers and Marines we got out there, you think those men get decent amounts of sleep? Send that scumfuck to rikers island for a few years, then dump him in a prison upstate NY, same shit for Osama beenslobbin, lock that nigga up in rikers in a dorm full of violent crooks with cheese graters...................most of you cats are whining "governments all fucked up" FUCK YOU. You know why these other countries cant fuck with our military? It is because our fucking men volunteer to fight and KILL these other countries force young men into there military............go up to an American Legion post and drink a beer with an old timer vet, buy him the beer.

1) "We're not good, they're not evil, everything is relative."

Listen carefully: We're good, they're evil, nothing is relative. Say it

with me now and free yourselves. You see, folks, saying "We're good" doesn't

mean, "We're perfect." Okay? The only perfect being is the bearded guy on

the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

The plain fact is that our country has, with all our mistakes and

blunders, always been and always will be, the greatest beacon of freedom,

charity, opportunity, and affection in history. If you need proof, open all

the borders on Earth and see what happens. In about half a day, the entire

world would be a ghost town, and the United States would look like one giant

line to see "The Producers."

2) "Violence only leads to more violence."

This one is so stupid you usually have to be the president of an

University to say it. Here's the truth, which you know in your heads and

hearts already: Ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more violence.

Limp, panicky, half-measures lead to more violence. However, complete,

fully-thought-through, professional, well-executed violence

never leads to more violence because, you see, afterwards, the other

guys are all dead. That's right, dead. Not "on trial," not "reeducated," not

"nurtured back into the bosom of love." Dead. D-E-Well, you get the idea.

3) "The CIA and the rest of our intelligence community has failed us."

For 25 years we have chained our spies like dogs to a stake in the

ground, and now that the house has been robbed, we yell at them for not

protecting us. Starting in the late seventies, under Carter appointee

Stansfield Turner, the giant brains who get these giant ideas decided that

the best way to gather international intelligence was to use spy satellites.

"After all," they reasoned, "you can see a license plate from 200 miles

away." This is very helpful if you've been attacked by a license plate.

Unfortunately, we were attacked by humans. Finding humans is not possible

with satellites. You have to use other humans.

When we bought all our satellites, we fired all our humans, and here's

the really stupid part. It takes years, decades to infiltrate new humans

into the worst places of the world. You can't just have a guy who looks like

Gary Busey in a Spring Break '93 sweatshirt plop himself down in a coffee

shop in Kabul and say "Hi ya, boys. Gee, I sure would like to meet that bin

Laden fella." Well, you can, but all you'd be doing is

giving the bad guys a story they'll be telling for years.

4) "These people are poor and helpless, and that's why they're angry at

us."

Uh-huh, and Jeffrey Dahmer's frozen head collection was just a

desperate cry for help. The terrorists and their backers are richer than

Elton John and, ironically, a good deal less annoying. The poor helpless

people, you see, are the villagers they tortured and murdered to stay in

power. Mohamed Atta, one of the evil scumbags who steered those planes into

the killing grounds (I'm sorry, one of the "alleged hijackers," according to

CNN. They stopped using the word "terrorist," you know), is the son of a

Cairo surgeon. But you knew this, too.

In the sixties and seventies, all the pinheads marching against the war

were upper-middle-class college kids who grabbed any cause they could think

of to get out of their final papers and spend more time drinking.

At least, that was my excuse. It's the same today. Take the

Anti-Global-Warm-ing (or is it World Trade?)

Oh-who-knows-what-the-hell-they-want demonstrators) They all charged their

black outfits and plane tickets on dad's credit card(!) before driving to

the airport in their SUV's.

5) "Any profiling is racial profiling."

Who's killing us here, the Norwegians? Just days after the attack, the

New York Times had an article saying dozens of extended members of the

gazillionaire bin Laden family living in America were afraid of

reprisals and left in a huff, never to return to studying at Harvard and

using too much Drakkar. I'm crushed. I think we're all crushed. Please come

back. With a cherry on top? Why don't they just change their names, anyway?

It's happened in the past. Think about it. How many Adolfs do you run into

these days? Shortly after that, I remember watching TV with my jaw on the

floor as a government official actually said, "That little old grandmother

from Sioux City could be carrying something." Okay, how about this: No, she

couldn't. It would never be the grandmother from Sioux City. Is it even

possible? What are the odds? Winning a hundred Powerball Lotteries in a row?

A thousand? A million? And now a Secret Service guy has been tossed off a

plane and we're all supposed to cry about it because he's an Arab? Didn't it

have the tiniest bit to do with the fact that he filled out his forms

incorrectly three times? And then left an Arab history book on his seat as

he strolled off the plane? And came back? Armed? Let's please all stop

singing "We Are the World" for a minute and think practically!

I don't want to be sitting on the floor in the back of a plane four

seconds away from hitting Mt. Rushmore and turn, grinning, to the guy

next to me to say, "Well, at least we didn't offend them." SO HERE'S what I

resolve for the New Year:

Never to forget our murdered brothers and sisters.

Never to let the "relativists" get away with their immoral thinking.

After all, no matter what your daughter's political science professor

says,we didn't start this. Have you seen that bumper sticker that says, "No

More Hiroshimas"? I wish I had one that says, "You First. No More Pearl

Harbors."

Semper Fi!

The Saudi Ambassador to the UN has just finished giving

> a speech, and walks out into the lobby where he meets

> President Bush. They shake hands and as they walk the

> Saudi says, "You know, I have just one question about

> what I have seen in America."

> President Bush says "Well your Excellency, anything I

> can do to help you, I will do."

> The Saudi whispers "My son watches this show 'Star Trek'

> and in it there are Russians, and Blacks, and Asians,

> but never any Arabs. He is very upset. He doesn't

> understand why there are never any Arabs in Star Trek."

> President Bush laughs and leans toward the Saudi, and

> whispers back, "It's because it takes place in the

> future...."

"IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT!!"

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist

attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the politically correct crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multi cultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of

struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We

adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

I hear you on losing you boy. Thats always rough.

However as far as the subject of the United States and responsibility, it lies with flaws within our system. Al Quida was a threat that was allready attacking US interests when the republican party was devout on trashing Pres. Clinton for getting a blow job.

The same flaws in our immigration and airports that allowed these attacks to happen are still present. While the goverment is rallying a cry to expend thousands of US soldiers in the name of a "regime change" that will permit us to have a nice price on the huge amount of iraqi oil.

Besides that if you look at the entire situation, there is so many conflicts of interest it is ridiculous.

For example, the pentegon was hit over an hour after the first world trade tower. That should of not happened. That airspace should have been restricted.

Look at the Palestinien territorys, see the destruction and oppression of the native people, and tell me if you was in Saudi you wouldnt be heated and militant about it. Just like we got Billy Joe Bob jeering for the invasion of iraq in Kentucky over the bombings in New York.

Be real. We were out smarted, out gunned, and victimized by a handfull of people with a few bucks and box cutters. The law suit against Saudi is bullshit. I grew up in Saudi, the goverment loves Americans for the most part. However Israel does some real fucked up shit with its military we fund, if we expect the rest of the Arab world to look past that, we in turn should look past 9/11.

dirtysicks,

do you not get the fact that the 9/11 attacks and several other attacks have been as a direct result of the occupation of Palestine?

If you think just a tiny bit outside america, you might realize that the middle east is quite similar to the make up of the united states. aside from the fact we are under on federal goverment and they didnt steal their land. if you let one country, or to put in american terms-one state, be occupied and have the original population live in refugee camps and under occupation in a level of poverty and war while the non native people live in modern society with a giant military backer, what do you think the other states would do, and not necesarrily the goverments of the other states, but the people.

possibly resort to terrorist actions to not stand silent while human rights of native people are violated?

quite possibly.

Its quite simple, the terror behind the "war on terror" is not going to end with a military solution. It needs to be a solution resolving the Palestinien state. As long as Palestine-or lets say New York- is under seige and things are not eqaul among Paletine and Israel and we continue to back Israel, American soldiers will die, American civilians will die, and prolly ten times that amount of non americans will be killed. Not to mention you could easily start world war 3.

The only people to benefit off this is the rich white minority in power. The rest of the world faces war, killing, uncertianty and the loss of people close to us.

Archived