BURTON snowboards '03 line... designed by joker...

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

maybe Joker will be on 12oz within the next couple of days and post what he has from his hard drive. i think burton musta removed the old pics from last year....i do know that Joker has them on his hd, though....

he's a busy man, so i don't know if we'll have any luck getting him to throw them up.

if i'm not mistaken, we might be able to do a search on paper chase for some of the snowboard designs he did. i'm on a 56k, and i can't. it takes way too long to load a full page of ppics.

Nice Joker, have my friend Brad give me a call when you have a chance...he knows how to get in contact with me....I am still moving down to your neck of woods and have some gallery shows coming up with Clae(if you know him)....I just have some court related shit I have to deal with right now and it will be a minute or two before I arrive.thanks man, I would be most grateful. great stuff,by the way. have a good one.

Originally posted by sarahyoulose

i fucked up my knee adn got stiches in my head from snowboarding 3 weeks ago

See that's because you don't have any skill....too much video games that's your problem ;)

Those boards look awesome. But what would you expect from the man himself?

i cant believe they didnt even come through with teh tops for you. thats wack.

you should give a call to your contact over at burton (or have cody do it) and see if you can buy them directly from them. if they have any overstock, i cant see why they wouldnt.

my favorite part of those, is that having done tons of work with prismas and trias, you can look at the designs and see the bleeding overlapping and other random characteristics of the markers. it sort of gives it an 'inside joke' (no pun intendend) kind of feel, cause you know the process that went into them.

or maybe its just me.

seeks/theres been alot of those 'maybe its just me' moments lately

Originally posted by seeking

you can look at the designs and see the bleeding overlapping and other random characteristics of the markers.

Exactly what I was thinking... reminds me of

that video game for Sega Genesis years ago

where the entire thing was done in comic frames

and had a simliar feel. Even if you didn't know

who the man was I couldn't see anyone passing

one of these up... some of the hottest designs

I've ever seen on a snowboard.

...how the hell did you only get one out

of the deal? That seems bunk as hell.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by 26SidedCube

Even if you didn't know

who the man was I couldn't see anyone passing

one of these up... some of the hottest designs

I've ever seen on a snowboard.

You know what though, my friend and I once came across the blue/yellow/orange one at a snowboard shop, and I immediately flipped out. I showed it to him and he was like "Eh". I almost punched him.

Then I looked at it for a while longer and I realized that it really wasn't as impressive as how it looked on paper. Granted, it was the weakest design (I say "weakest" the same way I'd call Drew Barrymore the "weakest" of Charlie's Angels... still really fucking hot), but the colors hadn't come out as nice and the printing resolution didn't seem to be top-notch (you could clearly see the dots). It appeared as though Burton hadn't really put as much effort as it should have into bringing the design to life, and that pissed me off, cause the designs are so fucking hot they make my ass burn.

Every last one of those are dope, I don't snowboard and I'd pick one up just to hang it up and say I have one. It's fucked up that they only gave you one board for designing 5+...

Joker, did you ever do/think about doing skateboard decks? That'd be cool, too...

Archived