TUPAC APPRECIATION THREAD

SCAGNETTI

its funny hearing people call him a fake gangster. if getting shot numerous times and going to prison right after that while being a multimillionaire then going out in a blaze of gunfire isnt gangter enough for you, youve wathced scarface too many times.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting how Tupac has become this cultural icon for the current generation of teenagers and young adults. Some of the things he did and said are among the poorest models for an easily influenced age group to be following, and some were among the best. The constant contradictions presented throughout his public life, I think, might be what made him such a dynamic motherfucker.

I never liked his music or his public personality, but he definitely made his mark.

Originally posted by KillYurSteel

one thing i didnt like about tupac is the fact that he came to the westcoast from the east and talked shit about where he came from so he could get a couple extra bucks...seems fake to me

"its about where your at,...not where your from"

i dont think that shit about cartoon and xzibit is true..i read in i think the source that cartoon refused to tat some asians who go there trying to get tatted with gang shit.xzibit got his restless tattoo from him i think..and maybe his x and z..im not sure though..

and doesnt it seem like the people who talk shit and make jokes about prison rape are always people who have never been locked down..thats not shit to joke about..

Originally posted by rip

go suck a fat cock with this thread. hes dead get over it. he was a fake ass gangsta get over it. he got ass raped in jail. get over it. he will never be gangsta. get over it.

pac was the truest and one of the best rappers that i have ever heard.

Guest 150's~

I can't front on Pac. When I was living in Boston a couple of years back I moved in with 4 cats from Queens. This one kid Brian was originally from qu, but was living in Taiwan for the last 4 years. He loved 2Pac. I thought it was pretty funny because this kid was a preppy dude. Used to get dressed up in the Armani shirts and slacks and the Kenneth Cole shoes and go out clubs in chinatown with his asian buddies. I can't remember what album it was, maybe Makavelli, had an intro with a muffled voice saying "Suge shot em'." It was kind of bugged out i guess. I turned this kid onto Wu, but him and his asian friends still thought Pac was the best. Those kids were pretty ganster themselves, members of the Wa Ching. Like these scrawny asian dorks would stop by the apt. and instead of toting their calculators they were showing me their fresh out the box Glock 9MMs. I remember they used to go this Japanese resteraunt with a karioke bar inside. They used to sing these nutty asian songs and shit. I think some Korean kid got shot out there one night. Yeah, Pac had an influence on these kids, but I dont know how. I still like watching Humpty and the Digital Underground, when Tupac was a roadie for them. Humpty had a sort of style with pinache; he was definately a big influence on Pac in his early career. The glasses and big nose were classic. HOLLER IF YA' HEAR ME! Oh yeah, and Tupac as Birdie in Above the Rim. Right?

SICKEST TUPAC LINE TO A FEMALE

COME CLOSER LET ME WHISPER

SOME DIRTY WORDS IN YA EAR

AS I KISS YA

ON EVERY CURVE

SLOW DOWN BABY DON'T RUSH

I LIKE IT SLOW BUT

CAN'T HOLD IT ANY LONGER NOW

SO LET IT GO

OPEN THE GATES TO YA WATERFALL UP IN HEAVEN...

DON'T WORRY I'LL LET MYSELF IN

there isnt any way i can change your mind on the preference on music in one simple sentence..but in TUPACS WORDS HE SAYS IT ALL...."YOU DONT HAVE TO BUMP THIS BUT PLEASE RESPECT IT."....AND SINCE HE IS DEAD IT GIVES US MORE OF A REASON TO TALK ABOUT HIM..

IGNORANCE IS BLINDING

Originally posted by NOBODY

well i have been browsing through channel zero for about 4 months. i have had the urge to reply to many threads in those 4 months. but this was the thread that is worthy of my first post.pac was not only a great rapper. he was a hard worker, very intelligent, a poet, an actor, a revolutionary icon, a role model, well spoken, and most importantly a bueautiful human being. what pisses me off is that throughout this thread there are people who see him as nothing more then a man who is trying to put out the image of a thug. tupac was real.he tried to be both a thug and a helpful intellectual through his community. Its hard to be both and that was what people said was self-destructive about pac. im not trying to be a preacher of any sort but all im askin is that you overlook his whole image and listen to what the man is trying to say.and if anyone is interested in pac's life and what it was that made him pick up the book "holler if you hear me" by Michael Eric Dyson. you wont be dissapointed. and maybe it will help you overcome your stereotypes.all in all its a great read.

is the reason he ended up in jail have anything to do with him being a "role model"?

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i dont know man....i saw that thing they had on him on vh1, not behind the music...it was a documentary type deal all on him. and it had an interview with him from when he was like 17 or 19. he was a pretty smart guy. i think maybe the money and shit got to his head later on, but when he first started out, i think he was pretty impressive.

Re: Re: 2PAC FOREVER!!!

Originally posted by rip

x-raided would own his ass. if he was alive. then after he killed tha shit outta him hed shoot his ass for being fake. no1 likes a fake gangsta.

I couldnt agree more...Tupac was made into a Thug nothing more nothing less...Kinda like a broken Transformer...Doesnt mean his music was bad though.

The only thing more played out than being a "backpacker" is talking shit about them. In the last 2 years that dead horse might as well have been beaten into a coma, hooked up to life support, and debated over on conservative daytime talk shows by failed politicians.

Time for a new sarcastic label aimed at trendy Hip-Hop shit. Maybe "fudgepackers" ... ?

• 3 years later...

Archived