handstyles (bmore)

Guest self righteous

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
Guest cover .

yea emo!

those are some delicious handstyles..

i've frequently spotted some dope handstyles similar to the daver's you posted very close to the bmore greyhound station, but i never could read the tags cuz they're so complex [if that's the right word to describe em].. i think the last time i searched for them, they were buffed though.

bump for emo-d-machine and any head in the bmore or DC area without a fuckin ego or temper problem.

Guest cover .

99% of what/?

whatever.. i guess i like the nasty stuff..

dont u love bein nasty? its acquired taste..

Guest whoami

That shits just to complicated, I like to know when writers are riding by on rails they know who I am by reading my handstyle imediately...

Originally posted by sixteenvandals

looking back on those tags. i recall almost everyone i encountered tagging similar to that back around like 1993. this was everywhere in the usa. i would think more that baltimore was sort of stuck in 1992-93 still rather than calling it a style phenomenon.

the RYDE and the SIEK have some shit going on, but the others really remind me of what most people did in the early 1990's

(of course NYC, and PHILLY are exempt from this claim, as they werent really affected by the 90-93 wave of graff)

Maybe because I grew up in this region and Baltimore was a big inspiration on my hands at the time, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. Not for sake of arguement though.

That style of hand is years older than 90-93. When I was making treks to Baltimore in the mid-eighties to get inspiration and learn what I could, I would see that shit everywhere and dated... and some of those dated hands were old. Shaken and Star are a few that come to mind. But this style definitely inspired what I was doing in 86-88. The few guys I've talked to about this style have said that Philly hands played a role in it's development.

Also, I would think that if a style was being emulated everywhere in the USA that would be considered a phenomenon. Though I doubt the hands could match the original. Thanks to guys like Jase and Dave who still keep that style alive...

Archived