handstyles (bmore)

Guest self righteous

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

philly and baltimore have the motion style tags that are more about movement than appearance. i would never claim either style to be THE BEST, because not everyone thinks swingy spaghetti flare tages to be TOP NOTCH. some people like tight form and things like that. i think regional stuff is great, but i mean dont try to claim one place is the best, cause you will be challenged constantly by another person who thinks thier taste is the "BEST"

looking back on those tags. i recall almost everyone i encountered tagging similar to that back around like 1993. this was everywhere in the usa. i would think more that baltimore was sort of stuck in 1992-93 still rather than calling it a style phenomenon.

the RYDE and the SIEK have some shit going on, but the others really remind me of what most people did in the early 1990's

(of course NYC, and PHILLY are exempt from this claim, as they werent really affected by the 90-93 wave of graff)

philly and baltimore have the motion style tags that are more about movement that appearance. i would never claim either style to be THE BEST, because not everyone thinks swingy spaghetti flare tages to be TOP NOTCH. some people like tight form and things like that. i think regional stuff is great, but i mean dont try to claim one place is the best, cause you will be challenged constantly by another person who thinks thier taste is the "BEST"

Guest THE LAW
Originally posted by boogy

I think ever city has some pretty fresh handstyles.. Its just a matter of finding them and posting them.

THE LAW doesn't think so...certain cities have a lot stronger (and longer) writing traditions than others. Generally writers schooled in these traditions are way ahead of the game. Not to say that people from other cities can't have dope hands, it's just a different ballgame in these places.

Places like "vancouver" where graffiti didn't catch on till way after the beat street thing probably have a much stronger emphasis on piecing than handstyles.

Guest The Real SATAN

baltimore

how the fuck could you pussies judge a city's scene by some post on this gay fucking page. the only way you could judge a city is by going there, balto got one of the sickest handstyles there is, that kid that posted those flix only posted a few balto style tags. learn your shit pussies

• 4 weeks later...

Archived