TEXAS

pissdrunkwhat?!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas has most of the same problems that every other part of the country has, plus a lot of problems brought on by our close proximity to Mexico. However, there is definately something unique and special about Texas. It's one of the few places I have ever seen black cowboys. It's one of the few places I can think of that has a boulevard in a Hispanic neighborhood named for a Medal of Honor winner. Houston has not one, but two Chinatowns, both of which are thriving economically, driving development in the areas of the city nearby to them. Even "old" Chinatown, east of the downtown area near the Congress Yards and the new "Enron Field" ball bark reportedly does over $100 million worth of business every year.

The cities, especially Houston, are "multicultural" in ways that Northern cities are not. The Dallas-Ft.Worth Metroplex (Houston'd "rival" for #1 in Texas) is a major center of both petrochemical and banking, resulting in millions of good jobs for guys like me and you that otherwise would not exist. San Antonio, home of the Alamo and unrelenting Tejano pride, is a major economic and business connection to Mexico, which is America's #2 trading partner, behind Canada. Austin has long been a rival to Nashville, TN as a center of the music business.

People ignorant of the facts often try to diss our state, but they usually do so without coming down here to check it out. Personally, the reason I love my home state is it is the only damned place in the entire country where you can get decent barbeque and handgun ammunition in the same place. Try that in Los Angeles. She-e-i-i-t. No way, pardner.

Guest Canadiano

my cousin from Texas, his wife, and his 6 month old child just spent a couple of weeks with us. He's originally from India, and he has the funniest goddamn accent I've ever heard.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by WALE!pd

the full metal jacket comment is old and played.... i mean seriously get some originality it doesnt bother me at all its just dumb how EVERYONE and their fuckin mother has said it 5000000 times..

i hope that you arent talking about my full metal jacket quote?

Guest angry xbox
Originally posted by Smart

and trying to fuck 'south dakota'

for real though, that's Tom Arnold without the make-up

i will beat you up

Archived