Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
rip

what in the fuck is "emo"?

what in the fuck is that/it? whatever. just alot of people sayin it on this board an i feel stupid and left out cuz iono what it means.

its many many things....

and pistol doesn't like it. lol

someone with more knowledge of this will crush this thread with knowledge..

:: counting down ::

Guest bug

it's a stupid catch phrase that is now a "buzzword" these days. it started in the eighties as an insult to punk rockers that weren't violent.

now stupid kids are actually labelling themselves that. its really stupid. people shouldn't use that word.

Guest ToYs

emo is short for emotional and emo music is you guessed it EMOTIONAL MUSIC! emo music comes in many shapes and sizes but it all seems very watered down and crybaby-ish example: dashboard confessional, new found glory, jimmy eat world.

hope this helps!

Originally posted by bug

it's a stupid catch phrase that is now a "buzzword" these days. it started in the eighties as an insult to punk rockers that weren't violent.

now stupid kids are actually labelling themselves that. its really stupid. people shouldn't use that word.

sounds like a bunch of pussys if they're labeling themselves as non-violent people.

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by ToYs

emo is short for emotional and emo music is you guessed it EMOTIONAL MUSIC! emo music comes in many shapes and sizes but it all seems very watered down and crybaby-ish example: dashboard confessional, new found glory, jimmy eat world.

hope this helps!

anybody who claims they're emo will be punched in the face, or at least pushed while they have a drink in their hand. not on this board, obviously, but if I ever meet one.

so what, they think they invented emotional music? music lacked emotions altogether until these kids who listen to "dashboard confessionals" came out? hmmmmm...

Guest ToYs

ummm ar you yelling at me? if so i dont know why. i hate emo and everything it has to do with

Guest Canadiano

i'm not yelling at you. I'm thanking you.

Guest sneak

im confused to fuck with this aswell.....would radiohead be classed as emo? wen i hear that shit, i feel like shit

thats if i manage to gt thru the whole song.

these kids need to stop worrying about theyre label and concentrate on actually making good music....i guess that would be to much to ask of the "punkrock/emo/hardcore" crowd these days....

fucking high school...i swear

Guest SPLINTER

that exit sign is as emo as it gets.

emo is someone who is in touch with their emotions...basically crybabies that get themselves depressed....as far as emo music theres no music that makes me feel sad..HOWFUCKINEVER....THAT STUPID WHORE ENYA, HER MUSIC MAKES ME FEEL LIKE SHIT....FUCK ENYA...FUCK SAIL AWAY...I ALMOST GOUGED MY FUCKIN YOUNG EYES OUT AT 9 YEARS OLD WHEN I HEARD THAT SHITTY EXCUSE FOR A SONG PLAYING

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this