what in the fuck is "emo"?

rip

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it's a stupid catch phrase that is now a "buzzword" these days. it started in the eighties as an insult to punk rockers that weren't violent.

now stupid kids are actually labelling themselves that. its really stupid. people shouldn't use that word.

emo is short for emotional and emo music is you guessed it EMOTIONAL MUSIC! emo music comes in many shapes and sizes but it all seems very watered down and crybaby-ish example: dashboard confessional, new found glory, jimmy eat world.

hope this helps!

Originally posted by bug

it's a stupid catch phrase that is now a "buzzword" these days. it started in the eighties as an insult to punk rockers that weren't violent.

now stupid kids are actually labelling themselves that. its really stupid. people shouldn't use that word.

sounds like a bunch of pussys if they're labeling themselves as non-violent people.

Guest Canadiano
Originally posted by ToYs

emo is short for emotional and emo music is you guessed it EMOTIONAL MUSIC! emo music comes in many shapes and sizes but it all seems very watered down and crybaby-ish example: dashboard confessional, new found glory, jimmy eat world.

hope this helps!

anybody who claims they're emo will be punched in the face, or at least pushed while they have a drink in their hand. not on this board, obviously, but if I ever meet one.

so what, they think they invented emotional music? music lacked emotions altogether until these kids who listen to "dashboard confessionals" came out? hmmmmm...

im confused to fuck with this aswell.....would radiohead be classed as emo? wen i hear that shit, i feel like shit

thats if i manage to gt thru the whole song.

emo is someone who is in touch with their emotions...basically crybabies that get themselves depressed....as far as emo music theres no music that makes me feel sad..HOWFUCKINEVER....THAT STUPID WHORE ENYA, HER MUSIC MAKES ME FEEL LIKE SHIT....FUCK ENYA...FUCK SAIL AWAY...I ALMOST GOUGED MY FUCKIN YOUNG EYES OUT AT 9 YEARS OLD WHEN I HEARD THAT SHITTY EXCUSE FOR A SONG PLAYING

Emo is crap, shit like saves the day... that's all i know, and it's not by choice. Don't listen to anyone who says emo is good, they've probably been brain washed or something!

Archived