graf tattoos

gLok

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "Ain't Quittin" is especially tight. The knucks too, but that's because those are repping crews.

Getting tattoos of actual "graffiti pieces" is whack. It looks bad, bad medium, bad composition, plain bad.

Also, bump whoever mentioned Grime. My homie apprentices at Grimes shop and just showed me the new book of his oil paintings, they are the funk. A bunch of paintings of tattoos he's done on his homies.

i have 2 relatively big graffiti tattoos...hallow letters by Giant (one with some roses to keep it 'timeless'..haha)..neither them of a 'name' or crew..but I've had one or them since 2000...and tell you the truth I'm not sick of them, nor the style...But I had him do a basic style so it wouldn't seem too dated and sent sketches back and forth a couple times...make sure you get exactly what you want...don't be scurrrred to criticize even if they are the shit, its your skin/body...if you're scarrrred, go to church.

but with that being said..some of this is repeat

1. Mine are not visible to the public unless I'm at the beach, or drugged up running around the streets naked...regularly/easily visible graff-related or graff-styled tattoos..not such a good idea..the knuck tat (which is hella fresh btw) and 'Ain't Quiting' tat doesn't fall into this because they have to be put together

2. Don't design it yourself..you will fucking despise it..most respectable writers/people are their own worst critics..so as soon as you progress you WILL hate it.

3. And if you do don't use dated styles/trends..go with a clean classic look (don't recommend throw-ups...personally I think that 'seen' tat looks like shit)..and obviously if the tattooer is the designer/writer get someone you trust/know...or set a pistola down on the table before the needle hits your skin...remember its forever..or until you get enough money for laser removal, because you can't rack medical services.

Somebody that ain't quitting was not quiting up and down my block 2 nights ago...nice to see around the way..keep to it. (no pun intended there)

thats my 12 cents on that

• 2 years later...

Archived