Potatoes

Guest SPLINTER

Guest SPLINTER

ok this is where you post interesting things about potatoes and related products

Potato Chips: if you ever run out of fire wood or need something to fuel the fire Potato chips worke GREAT.

this was a discovery i made on the beach. we kept a fire up for an hour with just hot ash and potato chips, it was a big ass fire too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

potatos are fucking awesome...mashed potatos, tater tots, french fries, hash browns, baked potatos, potato salad, potato soup....

MOTHFUCKER TRY AND DO THAT SHIT WITH BELL PEPPERS!!!!

if i was on iron chef id want the main ingredient to be potatos....i mean, fuck...you could do a 5 course meal with those damn things...i think a lot of people are sleeping on potatos

Guest SPLINTER

^^^

actually no. imagine her with a pretty face, a nice tan, perfect teeth, perky tits, and beautiful hair and a really really really nice ass and ill give you a girl whos only 15 and goes to school with me oh and shes a true virgin.

edit because i forgot the lips, really nice thick lips.

Guest whydontyudie

what are you talking about pal

she goes to school with you and shes only 15? well shit by the time shes graduated ill have moved up to about 60K a year in this company and ill have a house for us to raise kids in and oh yeah a really big bed to bang on ahahahahahah shit that girl is fucking hot as fuck yo and BTW whatsa 15 year old doing posing hakf naked ona bed takin flicks??

Inca Indians in Peru were the first to cultivate potatoes in about 200 BC.

In 1536 Spanish Conquistadors conquered Peru, became aware of the potato, and carried them to Europe.

Before the end of the sixteenth century families of Basque sailors began to cultivate potatoes along the Biscay coast of northern Spain.

Sir Walter Raleigh introduced potatoes to Ireland in 1589 near Cork on the 40,000 acres of land given to him by Queen Elizabeth I in 1581. Over the years of cultivation in Ireland the potato became the major food source to the Irish population. In 1845-46 a fungus destroyed the potato crops causing the disaster of the Irish Potato Famine.

Germany's King Frederick William realized that potatoes were a good food source and ordered peasants to plant and eat potatoes or their noses would be cut off.

Potatoes arrived in the Colonies in 1621 when the Governor of Bermuda, Nathaniel Butler, sent two large cedar chests containing potatoes and other vegetables to Governor Francis Wyatt of Virginia at Jamestown.

The first permanent potato patches in North America were established in 1719, most likely near Londonderry (Derry), NH.

French Fries were introduced to the U.S. when Thomas Jefferson served them in the White House during his Presidency of 1801-1809.

In October 1995, the potato became the first vegetable to be grown in space. NASA and the University of Wisconsin, Madison, created the technology with the goal of feeding astronauts on long space voyages, and eventually, feeding future space colonies.

personally, i like the oven-baked thick cut wedges with the skin still on, with some salt & vinegar or else some chilli powder

Originally posted by boogie hands

potatos are fucking awesome...mashed potatos, tater tots, french fries, hash browns, baked potatos, potato salad, potato soup....

MOTHFUCKER TRY AND DO THAT SHIT WITH BELL PEPPERS!!!!

if i was on iron chef id want the main ingredient to be potatos....i mean, fuck...you could do a 5 course meal with those damn things...i think a lot of people are sleeping on potatos

word, Iron Chef is a fuckin' funny show... makes me hungary though

dude...are you fucking kidding me???? iron chef makes you hungry???? everything on that show has the texture of a waterlogged lung.....

believe me, i absolutely love (and study) all types of food but the shit they cook up on that show is beyond disgusting....the japanese have a whole different concept of what is "gourmet food"....

uuuuughhh

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666

http://epc.buffalo.edu/images/loss/sf/3statues.gif'>

WOW A GIRL IN HER UNDERWEAR! LETS GO FUCKING CRAZY AND POST SUCH AN EXCLUSIVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE IMAGE IN EVERY FUCKING THREAD! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GROW THE FUCK UP.

she's aiight. not anything special that i would turn twice for.

but makros...that is the top of 580 california street here in sf. those statues are eerie. everytime i go bombing, i see those statues and they just watch over you. beautiful, yet eerie.

Hey! Don't dis the Iron chefs! :lol: Whether or not they make crappy food is different altogather, I can't smell or taste it over the TV so it makes me hungary just becasue it's food TV.

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

i used to eat potatoe chips alot. but then i started realizing they get caught in your teeth too much. then i stopped eating them.

Lose the "E" Quayle jr.

what kind billy bob teeth you got that will let POTATO chips get stuck in your grill all the time.

Guest SE4_2002

it`s all about Bangers and Mash with onion gravey!!!

translated to sausages and mash potato with onion gravey!!

the bollox!! Or go down to the East End i.e Bethnal Green or Bow and go into a "Pie and Mash shop" (though don`t try rhe jellied eels) The best food on the planet!!!

Originally posted by Devilush

but makros...that is the top of 580 california street here in sf. those statues are eerie. everytime i go bombing, i see those statues and they just watch over you. beautiful, yet eerie.

i believe it would be pretty smashing if you were to take a picture of these statues and post one off. honestly, i can imagine how awesome those would look as the sun is setting and its almost totally dark. hm.

lol, makros is turning british on us, fuck, what is the world coming to?

on the history tip, the reason that the potato famine hit ireland so hard was that they were only growing one type of potato, not unlike the present state of potato cultivation in the united states, where the mcdonalds french fry potato accounts for most of the potatoes grown.

for cooking potatoes, there are three types, you have gold potatoes which are versitile, boiled, baked or fried, they're all good, you have new or white potatoes, which are predominately boiled, but occasionally roasted, and russer or baking potatoes which are used exclusively for baking, hash browns, or french fries. i don't always follow this methodus however, necessity being the mother of invention.

Archived