Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grandola

Minimum Wage

So my boy tells me that he heard they're thinking of raising it up to $7 somthing an hour, which is good, cause $5.15/hr isn't shit.

I personally think mim. wage should be raised up to at least $8 an hour cause shit is so expensive. with a $5.15/hr payout, it's nearly impossible to have a car, apartment, and enough food to make it through to the next check.

$5.15 x 40hr week = $206 before the governement takes out most of it.

$206 x 4 weeks = $824

then subtract car payments, rent, utilities, food...

damn.

anyhow, what do you think about min. wage?

The thing with minimum wage is that it is never going to be a good living. If they increase minimum wage everything else will increase as well. Just because the store has to pay extra money for labor does not mean they will eat it. They will raise their prices. The whole issue is you need to develop yourself to a level were you can earn a higher wage. No matter how much minimum wage is it is still the bottom of the scale and always will be.

word to all of that. never looked at it that way.

i guess i should dig out those reg. papers for school out of the trash.

Guest --zeSto--

yep...

higher education (and/or training) = higher level of skill = higher paycheck.

think of it like this...

If a trained monkey could do your job, then why are you worth 8$ an hour?

Guest --zeSto--

^ indeed!

I just wanted to make the distinction between learning skills and getting a BA in English.

what the hell can you do with a BA in english? Teach english in Japan? Wonderfull!

Guest --zeSto--

true.. making an ass grove in the couch is great fun,

but trust this... it's totally different on the other side.

I make movies too...

Turn ON your speakers and look at the intro to my new site. I am making this site for the basis of my new film:

.six.floor.

its never going to come even close to affecting me....

the people making minimum wage are making it for a reason....if you want to make more money then get on the fucking boat like everyone else and increase your self worth and your work ethic....

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

i had a volume turned up all the way, didnt realize it, then BAM!! "wwaahhhhh!!! mommmyyy!!!!"

freaky.

Got your attention. Didn't it?

:lol: :D

Guest platapie

i think you need a new job bro.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

^ indeed!

I just wanted to make the distinction between learning skills and getting a BA in English.

what the hell can you do with a BA in english? Teach english in Japan? Wonderfull!

:lol:

Guest SPLINTER

if you shop at the 99¢ store, it wont matter.

Guest socrates

1. You don't need a car

2. Don't eat out

3. Work more than 40 hours a week

4. Be on time at work at friendly/helpful, why you ask...People who bitch about shit don't get anything just be nice and it will do alot better in job and life in general.

Guest me IS cool

I was getting paid 7.25 an hour... but since i have been at my job for 90 days... they gave me a raise.. 7.33 an hour.. which sucks cuz a fellow co-worker who started at the same time and does less work than I do gets 7.50.... fucken haters.

i think some of you guys need to move, we got 7.45 starting wage, thats the lowest they can pay u

Originally posted by me IS cool

I was getting paid 7.25 an hour... but since i have been at my job for 90 days... they gave me a raise.. 7.33 an hour.. which sucks cuz a fellow co-worker who started at the same time and does less work than I do gets 7.50.... fucken haters.

aaaahahhaha....holy shit....

i would honestly toss a pile of my own shit at anyone who would be insulting enough to inform me i got a .08 cent raise.....seriously, you cant even imagine the beating that would insue....

Guest OPRAH

what a nice personality you have there!

Originally posted by Grandola

So my boy tells me that he heard they're thinking of raising it up to $7 somthing an hour, which is good, cause $5.15/hr isn't shit.

I personally think mim. wage should be raised up to at least $8 an hour cause shit is so expensive. with a $5.15/hr payout, it's nearly impossible to have a car, apartment, and enough food to make it through to the next check.

$5.15 x 40hr week = $206 before the governement takes out most of it.

$206 x 4 weeks = $824

then subtract car payments, rent, utilities, food...

damn.

anyhow, what do you think about min. wage?

lol i get paid more $6.85 to be exact. i been workin at the same place for a YEAR and finally got a 10 cent raise. yes go me.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this