who the cap fit, let them wear it....

jah

Guest --zeSto--

taken from 100 Albums you should remove from your collection immediately

Bob Marley & the Wailers - Legend

While there's nothing inherently wrong with Bob Marley or the song selection on this greatest hits collection, there is something wrong with the omnipresence of this CD. It is the Hotel California or "Stairway to Heaven" of the reggae world, which means that its fans have ruined the album for everyone, including you, by playing it into the ground. Every Birkenstock-wearing, hackey-sack-playing, REI-shopping bastard in the whole world has played this disc at every party, gathering, and road trip in the history of the world, and I for one have had enough. Now it's my turn to get up and stand up for MY rights. If you don't remove this from your collection, I will.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

third world is sic. that was the first reggae group i got after bob. they never got much play though because bob was still rather fresh to me so i didnt think the album i had really sounded good compared to him.

zesto, about the prophet/preecher thing.....

"if you believe in that sort of thing..."

exactly, thats why i hold him as high as any other prohet. i personally dont believe muhammad ever spoke to god before he spread the islam religion. bob marely took rastafarianism to a global scale. and his messages went beyond rastafari, they could apply to anyone. i believe in God in a different sense than most people so that probably affects our interpretations of a prophet.

im fully with you on the "poo poo rastas" or whatever you called them. just rich kids looking for an excuse not to do shit. but that was the case for most of the "hippies" in the world. just in it for the partying. theyre not ALL like that though.but believe me, where i grew up, i was surrounded by people like that 24/7.

and that was one of the worst reasons ever to get rid of legend.... i could give a fuck if that guys sick of it. i dont really play it much anymore(i never really play it actually), but it still sounds good on the rare occasions i do play it. i dont even think ive heard yellowman. i may have but i dont know any of his songs. one of my favorites at the moment is augustus pablo.

Guest --zeSto--

the therm 'poo-poo' is in reference to the really shitty dreads made by white hippies with bumps, lumps and beads in them.

The look like big hair turds. Those are nasty fucking dreads.

I just like to tease those kids because some claim to be 'white-rastas',

but still take a razor to their face or pierce their skin with tattoo needles.

It's like saying 'I'm becoming Jewish but I'm still going to eat pork and I'm not wearing a silly hat'.

and to support putting the album away for a bit...

Moderation is the key to all things

(I doubt Marley coould have said it better himself.)

true, but there are some things people need to move on from and realize arent necessary anymore. religions must be modified too. like jewish people and pork for example. i dont know exactly where they got the idea that pork was evil... ive heard its because they hooves like the devil and because pork was a very risky thing to eat back in the day (had a lot of diseases or something). but these days, pork is safe to eat. i guess they could still argue the thing about hte hooves... i dont know. that was a bad example i guess. people are probably still better off without pork. my point is it is alright to live by certain aspects of religion and disregard things you dont think are very valid. some things are outdated and need to be revised. i cant believe how many idiots take religion so literally. thats probably one of hte main reasons the worlds so fucked up today....

Archived