IRAQ

Guest BROWNer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant tell if saddam is a legit threat or not......if he is, then action needs to be taken...but this get tricky fast and ofcourse you have the whole quandry of "the next day"....we are currently nation building in afghanistan(not a good job), and bush is kidding himself if he thinks itll be easier with iraq....look the fact of the matter is that saddam is not a nice guy, we all know that....but then again our sanctions havent exactly helped the people get off their feet either....to be honest i dont mind ousting opressive governments, ofcourse there is a fine line between ramming our own beliefs down peoples throats and relieving people of oppresion....but we really need to step up to the plate and realize what as a nation are we gonna do for the people....this is not just about protecting our freedoms and two car garages, its about saving people from the hell they live in...i really do believe that in the long run the people of afghanistan will be better off.....and i think the same can be said for the people of iraq...but the estimates in cost are about 70-90 billion with troop deployment ranging from anywhere to 1.5 to 20 years....last gulf war cost 60 billion, and 80% was picked up by foreign countries.....basically with the current affairs of the economy, middle east, afghanistan, and india/pakistan, right now we should focus on solving those issues....i think saddam is a classic case of meglomania....and as such his power and control is more sacred to him then taking on the US....so i think we have a window of opportunity to address the other issues...in the mean time, we develop a plan for the day after, dropping bombs is the easy part, its cleaning up the shit after that is hard.....and we let the UN handle the inspections, if saddam chooses to play the game it will only help to build a case against him....

its just i have no idea who to fucking trust anymore.......

Guest BROWNer

"i cant tell if saddam is a legit threat or not.....

its just i have no idea who to fucking trust anymore......."-roe

i'm sayin'...

i know for sure i don't trust the US gov't:dazed:

anybody ever heard of scott ritter?

he was the head of UN inspections for awhile until

he realized that he and the inspections were being

used as a front for intelligence. this would be a guy

with the expert opinion...> 'iraqi weapons of

mass destruction are largely built on a framework of US

lies'. of course you could just toss his views to the side and

convince yourself he's a disgruntled employee.

and is blair ever going to show this irefutable proof he

says he has of such weapons? i mean, its been since

january..........so..

blair, stop bein' bush's bitch and give up the report.

back up for mams, cuz i know he loves these type of

threads;)

Guest BROWNer

^

'They call war an art, but it isn't, it largely consists in outwitting

people, robbing widows and orphans, and inflicting suffering on

the helpless for one's own end - and that's not war: it's business.'

-k.roberts

Re: ^

Originally posted by BROWNer

'They call war an art, but it isn't, it largely consists in outwitting

people, robbing widows and orphans, and inflicting suffering on

the helpless for one's own end - and that's not war: it's business.'

-k.roberts

this quote is utter bullshit because it tries to make some grand point by obviously glossing over facts... most importantly, "for one's own gain" is TOTALLY misleading and out of line, if it really addressed business it would read "for one's own FINANCIAL gain" and if it really addressed war it would read "for one COUNTRY'S POLITICAL gain"

as it stands, it's just some guiy trying to say something smart and provocative by not really saying anything.

Guest GeorgeW.Bush

if it really addressed war it would read "for one COUNTRY'S POLITICAL gain"

dude, how is our COUNTRY gaining anything from war? Its the social elite who are going to gain from the oil thats getting stolen, by selling it to us, and therefore: it is a business.

if you can't see the obvious political advantages, for the US and everyone, of a world without Sadaam then you don't even need to part of this conversation...

also, we already have a George Dubya Bush around here so you probably need to think about changing your screen name...

Guest GeorgeW.Bush

okay, say we go and get Sadaam, who by the way has done nothing to merit an invasion, we aren't going to straight find and the kill the guy, no. We are going to rape the country of all its worth, sell it to americans at an elevated price, build up huge corporations, make the rich richer, and set us up for another WTC.

Guest GeorgeW.Bush

oh, and don't call me dude.

I think you've been spending too much time on the internet, let those pent up sexual frustrations out.

Originally posted by GeorgeW.Bush

I think you've been spending too much time on the internet, let those pent up sexual frustrations out. [/b]

I think you've never even had sex, and I now believe you don't know anything about ANYTHING...

"Rape the country for all it's worth"

What worth?!

"sell it to americans at an elevated price"

Sell WHAT?

"build up huge corporations, make the rich richer, and set us up for another WTC."

right, well, I'm sorry your stuff isn't as new or shiny as your neighbors but compared to the average Iraqi, you're goddamned Rockafeller... Not because of US/UN imposed sanctions but because the leader of the country takes ALL the income produced by every business, puts it in his bank accounts and provides his people with minimal payouts... It's not that Iraq can't afford to feed it's people, it that tSadam keeps spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on statues dedicated to himself instead of buying milk...

Guest GeorgeW.Bush
Originally posted by Smart

What worth?!

OIL, come on even you can't be that stupid.

Sell WHAT?

OIL

right, well, I'm sorry your stuff isn't as new or shiny as your neighbors but compared to the average Iraqi, you're goddamned Rockafeller... Not because of US/UN imposed sanctions but because the leader of the country takes ALL the income produced by every business, puts it in his bank accounts and provides his people with minimal payouts... It's not that Iraq can't afford to feed it's people, it that tSadam keeps spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on statues dedicated to himself instead of buying milk...

First off you don't know shit about the average Iraqi. If your getting your info on the middle eastern life from Sally Struthers comercials, and ABC you shouldn't be in this conversation. Saddam is not the best for Iraq, but the U.S. shouldn't stick its greedy nose into their affairs. And you still haven't given a reasonable reason why Saddam is such a threat. What you said about dictators hoarding all the money in Iraq could also be applied in the U.S. And who said anything about me being poor. You making personal attacks and acting like a jackass is really pathetic. Are you mad because i don't agree with your false patriotism or because im coming with facts? Seriously forget your internet ego, and check yourself.

Although I dont care for any leader who lets his people suffer while he lives in wealth, i think were getting a load of shit about why we need to oust Saddam. Not one nation is backing US military action , even country on the US's nuts like england or suadi arabia. It seems to simple for lil dubya to just be licking the wounds of his daddys dick, but maybe so. It is not well known, but should be that in the past decade since the gulf war that despite sanctions that are killing tons of innocent Iraquis, the US put loopholes in these sanctions so that halliburton industries has still bought over 6 billion $ in oil directly from saddam, keeping him very wealthy. Who put these loopholes in the sanctions? The og bush cabinet, which is a large chunk of the new one, including our VP dick cheney who also was the ceo of halliburton while oil was being purchased from Iraq. Fuck bush and saddam. Not one penny of that money has seen the average Iraqi, whats your gus' opinion

Guest BROWNer

huh?

'grand point by glossing over facts'?!

maybe the quote is a bit over the top,

as for glossing facts, you've completely lost me on that one.

'just some guy trying to say something smart and provocative by not really saying anything'.....you're parsing the snot out of this

quote, am i missing something?

also...seeing the 'obvious political advantages' and disagreeing with them are 2 different things.

Guest BROWNer

before either of you continue, keep in mind neither of

you have all the 'facts'. alot of this shit is speculation,

heresay and assumed truth.

Guest GeorgeW.Bush

I do agree that Saddam is destroying the Iraqi' people and land, but if the U.S. attacks Saddam their not going there to get Saddam their going there for the oil. Instead of a dictator hoarding millions, and fucking the people over economically, we are going to have another greedy government taking oil by the billions, with the license to kill.

Originally posted by GeorgeW.Bush

First off you don't know shit about the average Iraqi. If your getting your info on the middle eastern life from Sally Struthers comercials, and ABC you shouldn't be in this conversation. Saddam is not the best for Iraq, but the U.S. shouldn't stick its greedy nose into their affairs. And you still haven't given a reasonable reason why Saddam is such a threat. What you said about dictators hoarding all the money in Iraq could also be applied in the U.S. And who said anything about me being poor. You making personal attacks and acting like a jackass is really pathetic. Are you mad because i don't agree with your false patriotism or because im coming with facts? Seriously forget your internet ego, and check yourself.

How do YOU know what I know about the average Iraqi?

*insert insult about some fat chick from the 70's that wants to feed AFRICAN kids...

Sadaam is a threat because he's vowed revenge, that's enough, he's also actively pursuing the means to enable him to attack us... hence the threat

What you say about the US hording all the money from the poor sounds like impotent rage directed at your personal circumstances

Me making personal attacks? I didn't, I said I doubted your inteligence, that was a statement of fact, not an attack... How can you be so omnipotent as to classify my patriotism?

You don't know me, you don't know your past, you don't know the future, you don't even know yourself, go back and sit on the bench young buck, the grown-ups are talking.

BTW, this is my everyday ego, I don't have the energy to invent extra personality for some internet message board.

Guest BROWNer

'he's vowed revenge, that's enough, he's also actively pursuing the means to enable him to attack us... '

come on smart, you're making assumptions.

Guest GeorgeW.Bush

You don't know me, you don't know your past, you don't know the future, you don't even know yourself, go back and sit on the bench young buck, the grown-ups are talking.

What the fuck does this even mean? It sounds like some weak attempt to make me sound stupid, but you obviously couldn't catch me on anything. "Sit on the bench young buck" "You dont even know yourself" Come on man.

Anyway Im going to forget whatever sparked this, and get back to the topic at hand.

before either of you continue, keep in mind neither of

you have all the 'facts'. alot of this shit is speculation,

heresay and assumed truth.

well, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one currently involved in this thread that can honestly remember the news reports in the 70's, when Iraq was our ally, that showed films of the children that Sadamm sent into the mine fields between Iraq and Iran before his advancing troops, also it showed pictures of the aftermath, and pictures of the few surviving children missing limbs and such...

I also have MANY friends who were in the Gulf war. Plus, I have several of our country's TOP political columnists that I call my 'uncles'... as well as alot of 'uncles' that worked in military intelligence in the top echelons until retiring to the private sector...

'just some guy trying to say something smart and provocative by not really saying anything'.....you're parsing the snot out of this

quote, am i missing something?

Not at all, this is the exact type of criticism educated people apply to everything they read or hear... often, what's omitted is just as important as what's included and I think in this case it's obvious that the omission was to strengthen the quote...

Guest GeorgeW.Bush

Sadaam is a threat because he's vowed revenge, that's enough, he's also actively pursuing the means to enable him to attack us... hence the threat

We, the U.S., continually worked on and produced nuclear warheads, and the missles to transport them with, when we told everyone, including ourselves, to stop. Isn't that the same as "he's also actively pursuing the means to enable him to attack us"? Why is the U.S. is continually allowed to do special, illegal things, but when other countries do it it's seen as a outright threat?

so, you're suggesting that we built these weapons to attack ourselves?

at the time we were building our nuclear arsenal it was to combat a percieved threat from the USSR and it was neither 'special' or 'illegal' and since it was discovered that the USSR was a broken empire our nuclear de-escalation has never ceased.

this is why I said you don't know what your talking about, you mischaracterize actual history to support your weak claims... I'm not above being swayed from my opinion but it will take somebody much smarter than you...

*also, we never told anyone, espescially ourelves to stop, we agreed with the russians that we would SLOW production and eventually reduce nuclear stock, it was part of the SALT two treaty... but I'm sure that's out of your scope...

honestly, it's more obvious with every reply that you don't know what you're talking about, (to take a page from your bok of 'personal attacks') your teenage bandwagon rebellion is onion skin thin...

**********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*******************

Originally posted by Esai

Although I dont care for any leader who lets his people suffer while he lives in wealth, i think were getting a load of shit about why we need to oust Saddam. Not one nation is backing US military action , even country on the US's nuts like england or suadi arabia. It seems to simple for lil dubya to just be licking the wounds of his daddys dick, but maybe so. It is not well known, but should be that in the past decade since the gulf war that despite sanctions that are killing tons of innocent Iraquis, the US put loopholes in these sanctions so that halliburton industries has still bought over 6 billion $ in oil directly from saddam, keeping him very wealthy. Who put these loopholes in the sanctions? The og bush cabinet, which is a large chunk of the new one, including our VP dick cheney who also was the ceo of halliburton while oil was being purchased from Iraq. Fuck bush and saddam. Not one penny of that money has seen the average Iraqi, whats your gus' opinion

too much to get into! one thing is for sure is that when it comes to politics, there is always two sides to any topic that so called experts argue about so which one is telling the truth. i'm sure that both sides will be full of shit. i think the bottom line is that the usa needs to stop playing police and let nato take care of it's job. most countries aren't backing an attack so why should their be one? being a super power doesn't mean that our concerns out weigh other nations.

Archived