hot bitches on TV.. too much drama.

another loser

hmmmmmm; mixed emotions... i have to agree with both sides on this one.hes a chill cat and as far as skills go hes got me beat on his worst day; and no matter what the ruling is at the end of the day, you cant deny anyone that comes straight out of the box and influences so many heads. i am sure that while typin this there is some new commer nibbling on his shit. but at the same time you gotta ask where the line is (if any) between graff and straight abstract art. i think the best part of all this is that while i am sure this "discussion" will go on for a few pages' scar is sittin back and laughin......

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Ricky Butler

in fact i really liked the wise shit

well then that automaticaly disqualifies you from having any understanding of style. haha. that shit was wack. it was good on paper, but i never really figured out how to paint it right... maybe the absolute last piece i did, with bob hope, but the rest of it... i dont know... regardless, i wasnt dissing scar, just pointing out that i dont think those are letters. thats fine, abuse is one of my favorite writers ever and i wouldnt bother for a second to argue that he has 'letters' in those pieces.

it still doesn't seem fitting for you to be cracking on scar's letters, being opened minded enough to accept transcending work. if it's out of the whole popularity thing, it's futile in this case, we here in the sticks care about us kids in the sticks and that's it.

**choked, im sorry man, i tried to hit quote, but accidentaly hit edit, then didnt realize until i had already chopped down your quote, replied and hit send. my bad, man... to make up for it, ill try an get you a pic of fight club this weekend... seeks

Guest mafIAkilla

i enjot scars work.....it is visually pleasing and requires skill,but i would have trouble calling it graffiti.....but if hes happy with his style and progression,he should keep doing it,although it would be interesting to see one scar traditional style piece.....

Guest crack is wack

scar's does simples iv'e seen them soneone should post them, so it would seem the man knows his way around some letter but shit if i could paint stuff like that maybe i'd think about saying fuck strait letters too. one things for sure when you see that shit rolling you know who the fuck it is... style by recognition not by readability

^^definetly....no big fan of scar, but i did see one of his pieces from far away the other day and knew exactally who it was....and that speaks volumes to the originality factor, which is the real point behind style.

abstract, unreadable "evolved" graffiti im not a fan of. but i am a fan of originality. which is why i think ono deserves elbows of props...for being original with his abstract, unreadable graffiti.

ono, unreadable?

hes about as unreadable as scar. who both are very readable.

you guys dont like something if you cant just look at it and read it at a glance.

scar has put in work, and puts in work on each peice, so quit hating on motherfuckers and just paint your own shit.

if you dont like someones shit, keep it to yourself or tell them in person instead of drawing out a fuckin load of drama on the internet.

a couple years ago, when I really sucked, I ended up chatting with mr. 1.0 through our mutual affinity for Gehenna, and he showed me some of his work. As strange fate would have it, I ended up painting with aquaintances of his lately, and have seen what he's been doing. Scar's work has been complete progression, If you could see a timeline of what he used to do compared to now, you would probably have an easier time finding the letters in his newer work. So I give it up to Scar for being a dude who makes me stare and his work for a couple moments before I remark to myself, "huh, oh shit..." as much as I give it up to guys rocking traditional straights. Do your thing, keep mouths shut.

As a funny side note, after seeing work from a certain individual on here complaining about letters but a few moments ago in another thread on here, it blows my fucking mind to read them saying fucking ANYTHING about letters.

Originally posted by and now you choke

it still doesn't seem fitting for you to be cracking on scar's letters, being opened minded enough to accept transcending work. if it's out of the whole popularity thing, it's futile in this case, we here in the sticks care about us kids in the sticks and that's it.

whoa nelly yourself here bro, i never cracked on scar. look at every single post i made, in each one i said i liked his stuff, but that i felt like they were more based on shapes sort of representing letters. which i also likend to abuse, who is probably my favorite writer of all time, so that hardly seems like im 'cracking' on him to me.

blobs or straight lines, each one has as much structure in it as you want to see. right angles dont equal structure, anymore than organic shapes oppose it. i either like scars work, or dont like it, based on the merrit of the piece. i dont care if he has letters or not. i was simply stating that for someone to act as if im a moron, because i cant 'clearly' see it, is retarded.

and my comment of him 'coming out the box' with that sort of style, was basically me paraphrasing an interview i read where he said it himself.

Archived