First shot at a more complex sketch ....

cheps

Originally posted by porque

...if i ever saw that painted on a wall i would destroy it with a bunch of throwies...but i guess that will never happen since i really doubt you actually paint...but if you actually are planning on taking graff seriously at some point you, and most everyone else reading this, need to understand that graffiti does not exist in a notebook, it exists in the real world, the shit in your notebook is just drawings, it's not graff...

...your hand is the worst thing i have ever seen in my entire life...

Calm the fuck down. Im pretty sure he's aware he drew it on paper and i dont remember him asking for your opinion of what graffiti is. Obviously its illegal, Obviously you get respect from throwing down burners and not just writing in black books.. but would you rather see that peice on a wall instead of in a black book ? I certaintly wouldnt (No offense cheps).

Graffiti just like everything else has a learning curve and this kids going through it just as every one else did and still continues to do. Theres nothing wrong with asking for opinion's so that you can refine your methods and besides it all boils down to the individual. This is how he's choosing to do things, let him be .

Cheps - Your hand style needs work...along with your peice . Try keeping the letters in a consistant form and a good idea would be to look at a color wheel so you can get a vague idea of what colors blend well with others.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by cheps

Critique please. :dazed:

-A [/b]

...i take that as an open invitaion to respond...and honestly i would rather see thta on a wall because that at least shows that he's out there trying and not siting in his room with a piece of paper...advice to everyone, start getting up right away, just don't go burning shit that's better than you or you'll get your ass beat...people will have more respect for you if you spend two years doing simples while learning to paint than if you spend two years trying to learn to do a dope outline and then coming out, trying to paint it and not knowing what the fuck you're doing and putting horrible garbage on the wall...my advice to everyone is to find a chill daytime spot you can paint at, paint a simple piece and keep going back and going over it untill YOU feel comfortable with it...you'll know if it looks good or if it sucks, and if you don't then you nee d to go look at some more real graff...rememer this takes time to get good don't get over your head right away...

...i hope you're working on that hand of yours right now cheps...

...and remember one other important thing, you can draw the best outline in the world, but that doesn't mean you can paint it...

well funny point you raise there, i happen to believe the two are correlated. you learn the ropes a whole lot faster if you have foundations in shapes/space. the rest follows. if you have the ability for one, then you should have the capacity for the other.

in a similar way to having equal vision and coordination playing ball at your local court and playing nba live on your pc.

like that last sketch cheps.

Yea, I am aware that graffiti is not in a notebook. I feel that I should be able to get the basics down and sketch well before I go out and paint, otherwise it would be the biggest waste of paint. Im sketching until I can get at least an adequate simple down(and work on my tag :) ).

-A

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by swif1

who told you that? that shit is dope. :)

Protrons, Electrons Always Cause Explosion

that's the Rza off of an old time joint.

I even pulled that off in my graduation write up (5ish years ago)

Please Excuse Actions Considered Extreme

it's fun to make acronyms !! :idea:

Guest CRYrock81
Originally posted by swif1

work on your hand.

practice on your drips.

lessen the drips.

try to keep the letters the same width.

at least i tried to critque :D

i agree....use less drips.....your bordering on a cactus style.....unless of course thats wut your looking to acheive.....then by all means.....ROCK ON!:o

Guest CRYrock81
Originally posted by cheps

I did this one the other day.

http://cheps.homestead.com/files/ChepsDrip2.jpg'>

Critique please. :dazed:

-A

hmm...atleast you have a sense of design going on....i can see you were going for a symetrical peice right there....keep going....make your peices look better by putting in "STABLE" extentions.....hmm like they look like they SHOULD be there.....no floating stuff....i dont know if made myself clear on that one......but if someone understands me and can articulate the idea with better pecision....then please do...anything to help this kids work look better:o

Originally posted by philistine

the rest follows. if you have the ability for one, then you should have the capacity for the other.

...did you even read what i said?... i said that ability to draw does not give you the ability to paint...if you have ever painted before you'd know what i was talking about...yes you need to have the ability to draw it first (duh)...what i said is that that does not gurantee your ability to paint it...comprende?...this is why i said cheps, and everyone else, should do the simpleist forms possible in order to learn how to paint, from there you can progress to more "complex" stuff...

...cheps...the last outline is a little better...but i think your hand is getting worse...what's with that 's' man?...try to get looser when you write, use bigger paper and get a big fat marker, i can tell that all of your line comes from movement in your fingers instead of movement from your wrist and arm...try doing tags as big as possible and see what happens...

Guest stupid412

have you ever painted???!?!?!?!?

just a question no beef

and i wouldnt go as far as calling that complex (off the point)

Re: Another simple .... excuse the tag

Originally posted by --zeSto--

Protrons, Electrons Always Cause Explosion

that's the Rza off of an old time joint.

I even pulled that off in my graduation write up (5ish years ago)

Please Excuse Actions Considered Extreme

it's fun to make acronyms !! :idea:

HAHAHA

now that looks a lot better. now try and keep the letters next to each other at the same distance.

and Please work on your hand.

last one!

the last one was good in a roof top kinda way! i like it.. needs more of a street like style to it.. that sounds gay but of well... do you ever sketch trowies or bombs? i wanna see some shit like that! and work on the hand!!!!!! im so sorry thats what kills it the hand!!!

also!

Originally posted by ~DeNtOnE~

find what letter you like out of your name draw it the way you want it then make all your other letters do the same foram?(sp) like if you ever saw zestos summer school tread one letter that can be many .. somthing like that! hope it helps

back when i said this looks like you used it a bit! it also works for your hand style some what try it out

...all of your line comes from movement in your fingers instead of movement from your wrist and arm...

it looks just like that....like he said write em big and do the alfabet that also gets you used to writing, flowing with the letters and gettin your stylized hand...

Originally posted by philistine

unlike you i think the ability to draw DOES give you an ability to paint.

i have painted before and that where i base my opinion on.

...i probably shouldn't keep responding to this nonsense and i really ought to stop coming into paper chase...but how can you possibly say that being able to draw gives you an ability to paint?...does your pencil drip when you use it?...do you sketch your outlines six feet tall?...can you do flares with your pencil?...does your pencil tip sometimes get clogged and you have to figure out tricks to get the lines you want?...the only thing that can teach you how to paint is actually painting, there is a HUGE difference in using the medium of spray paint and using that of a pencil...i know people that can draw great and can't paint worth shit, and i know people who's pieces are ten times better than anything they could draw on paper...Yes it is important to be able to draw a good outline before you go out and piant a wall...i freestyled my first wall having never really worked on an outline and it turned out pretty shitty and toy...what i am suggesting to people is to get a good simple down and then go out and experiment trying to paint it, before they try to come up with more "complex" paper outlines...knowing the limits of your painting ability should be what defines your outline...

...another important thing for everyone to remember is that the outline is only part of the piece...doing a simple outline with an intricate fill can be just as impressive as an intricate outline...

well apart from stating the obvious, just as i seemingly did in my first post, nothing else has been achieved.

we're sliding down an unwanted track.

i wrote a reply but it's not important so i wont post it.

but all in all, to finish this shit off, yes i agree with what you said above. paint on.

Archived